Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure if.........

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Not sure if.........

10-6 gets us into the playoffs......and that is assuming we can even go 10-6. All of a sudden there are teams over our shoulder...we missed a great oppurtunity today.

Last year an 11-5 team didn't make it. We need to go on a big run...and hope to finish no worse than 11-5, and maybe...just maybe ...we will get a shot at the playoffs. If the loss would have been against a quality team, it might be different....but this loss was dreadful.

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Not sure if.........

Well bleed, this isnīt last year by any means. Mediocrity is abound in the NFL this year.
    Looking at our competitions remaining schedules, 9-7 could get us the #6 seed this year. THat means we have to go 3-3 the rest of the way.
    And again, weīre talking WC here when the division is still not out of reach. It will take alot, but even that is still possible.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm with Beerman on this. That an 11-5 team didn't make the playoffs last year was a rare occurance in the NFL. Normally you see teams with 10-6 and even 9-7 records make the playoffs. Hell, the Chargers were 8-8 last year.

There seems to be more of a gap between 1st and 2nd in the divisions in the conference compared to last year as well. It all unfolds differently every year so who knows

Some teams seem to be on the rise (Jags and Texans) while other teams that were expected to compete are falling (Tits). I'm not sure where we stand? How do you game plan so poorly to lose this game today? Don't get it. Look what we did last year with the schedule we had? This years schedule should have been a cake walk. I can deal with our other 3 losses...but not this week....not after a loss like they had last week...and not with them knowing the game they have next week. This was a "gotta win" game, only because of who we were playing and the other 2 aforementioned reasons. Did we just "overlook" KC looking towards next weeks game?

Threads : 49

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with Beerman on this. That an 11-5 team didn't make the playoffs last year was a rare occurance in the NFL. Normally you see teams with 10-6 and even 9-7 records make the playoffs. Hell, the Chargers were 8-8 last year.

There seems to be more of a gap between 1st and 2nd in the divisions in the conference compared to last year as well. It all unfolds differently every year so who knows
    In some ways there is actually a little less parity between the best teams and the rest of the league this year. Vikes, Saints, Colts and Pats and then the rest of the league. Sadly, the Steelers have to be bunched in with the rest of the league after the last couple weeks.

I think 10-6 definitely will get you in this year. I think the last game of the year against Miami could potentially determine who gets the last spot, though.

Chargers, Bengals, Colts and Pats are probably all in, Broncos are fading fast and won't make it with their remaining schedule and QB questions. That leaves Steelers, Dolphins, Ravens, Jags and Texans for the last 2 spots. It should be crazy down the stretch.

As bad a loss as it was today, I think the Steelers will still get in to the playoffs but it definitely changes a fans perspective on things. I won't be taking the playoffs for granted at this point in this season now that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    Some teams seem to be on the rise (Jags and Texans) while other teams that were expected to compete are falling (Tits). I'm not sure where we stand? How do you game plan so poorly to lose this game today? Don't get it. Look what we did last year with the schedule we had? This years schedule should have been a cake walk. I can deal with our other 3 losses...but not this week....not after a loss like they had last week...and not with them knowing the game they have next week. This was a "gotta win" game, only because of who we were playing and the other 2 aforementioned reasons. Did we just "overlook" KC looking towards next weeks game?
    I donīt see the Texans and Jags as teams on the rise TBH. The Jags just squeeked by a horrible Buffalo team when everything indicated they should win big. And with the Texans you still get the "who the hell knows what type of team weīre going to get today" deal.
    The Tits? Yeah, that is a bit of a surprise. But, isnīt there always one of those types of teams every year?
    Should this years schedule have been a cakewalk? I donīt know. On paper before pre-season maybe. BUt, I still had us pinned down at 11-5 this year. Of course, I didnīt expect the Bengals to start off this strong, but thatīs coming to an end now I believe.
    I really donīt think this was a "gotta win" game. It was a "should of won without question" game. But, thatīs the way the cards fall. Move on, everything is still possible. Moreso this year than last year.
    Maybe we did overlook KC. Always possible. But, maybe we also overlooked Matt Cassell wanting a little revenge for the beatdown he got last year from us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    In some ways there is actually a little less parity between the best teams and the rest of the league this year. Vikes, Saints, Colts and Pats and then the rest of the league. Sadly, the Steelers have to be bunched in with the rest of the league after the last couple weeks.

[HIGH-LIGHT]I think 10-6 definitely will get you in this year. I think the last game of the year against Miami could potentially determine who gets the last spot, though. [/HIGH-LIGHT]

Chargers, Bengals, Colts and Pats are probably all in, Broncos are fading fast and won't make it with their remaining schedule and QB questions. That leaves Steelers, Dolphins, Ravens, Jags and Texans for the last 2 spots. It should be crazy down the stretch.

As bad a loss as it was today, I think the Steelers will still get in to the playoffs but it definitely changes a fans perspective on things. I won't be taking the playoffs for granted at this point in this season now that's for sure!

That could very well be the case, but only if we lose 2 more according to the predictions I made last week (which hold about as much water as a ******bag with a hole in it .)

I think 10-6 definitely will get you in this year. I think the last game of the year against Miami could potentially determine who gets the last spot, though.

Pats???...they are ....7-3....they ain't all that. They lost to....Denver.

Pats???...they are ....7-3....they ain't all that. They lost to....Denver.
    They clearly looked like a better team than the Colts last week, they were up 24-7 in the 1st half of that game! And the game was in Indianapolis. Colts were very, very lucky to have won that game.

They clearly looked like a better team than the Colts last week, they were up 24-7 in the 1st half of that game! And the game was in Indianapolis. Colts were very, very lucky to have won that game.

Colts have been lucky to win alot of their 10 games. They have had basically crap competition so far. Last week and the Rats was their biggest and they just squeeked by them. And the Pats* and Ravens are not that good this year. Not to mention just squeeking by **** teams as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    I donīt see the Texans and Jags as teams on the rise TBH. [HIGH-LIGHT]The Jags just squeeked by a horrible Buffalo team they...won...and Buffalo has been competitive in a lot of games....we lost to a horrible team[/HIGH-LIGHT]when everything indicated they should win big. And with the Texans you still get the "who the hell knows what type of team weīre going to get today" deal. They almost beat the Colts
    The Tits? Yeah, that is a bit of a surprise. But, isnīt there always one of those types of teams every year?
    Should this years schedule have been a cakewalk? I donīt know. On paper before pre-season maybe. BUt, I still had us pinned down at 11-5 this year. what were your 5 losses, surely not...2 to Cincy...and KC?Of course, I didnīt expect the Bengals to start off this strong, but thatīs coming to an end now I believe.
    I really donīt think this was a "gotta win" game. This was a gotta win game because it was a game good teams winIt was a "should of won without question" game. But, thatīs the way the cards fall. Move on, everything is still possible. Moreso this year than last year.
    Maybe we did overlook KC. Always possible. But, maybe we also overlooked Matt Cassell wanting a little revenge for the beatdown he got last year from us as well.
    What could have been...get on the plane knowing you have a 2 game separation with the Ravens...and land and find out you are tied for 1st place in the division.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[HIGH-LIGHT]In some ways there is actually a little less parity between the best teams and the rest of the league this year. Vikes, Saints, Colts and Pats and then the rest of the league. Sadly, the Steelers have to be bunched in with the rest of the league after the last couple weeks. [/HIGH-LIGHT]

Yeah sort of I guess. I mean, we've seen the Patriots lose. they are far from invincible. The Colts always look like world beaters in the regular season, the Bengals are riding on some crazy good fortune etc...

When you look towards the Playoffs though, this is why I say "all that matters is just getting in".

Indianapolis - they've got a history of choking. Doesn't matter if it's at home, on the road, what team they have. I mean, the team they won the SB with couldn't stop the run all year long. I never thought it was their best team. Indy is a team that looks awesome in the regular season and come the playoffs, Peyton Manning or whatever, lay eggs.

San Diego - Norv Turner. That's all. That's a team that has just enough to win, but have far too many flaws.

New England - Most dangerous team in the league. I hate them with a passion but Tom Brady knows how to win big games. Are the Pats for real? I don't know, but come the playoffs, they are coached well and have a QB that is tough to beat in big games.

Cincinnati - No. Sorry. Their luck is going to run out. It happened against Oakland. the luck they rely on, wasn't there and was in the other teams hands and they lost. Cincinnati doesn't have the talent on either side of the ball to pull out a 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

Baltimore - If they make it, which is doubtful, don't have enough. flacco is a choker and their defense is too gutted. We trampled them last year before they got gutted.

Jacksonville - They aren't that good. Jones-Drew is. Gararrd isn't and neither is their defense.

Houston - they have an offense that can be scary good but lack consistency and their defense isn't good.

I mean, really it is a crapshoot. New England is the only team that you can truly fear in the playoffs and this isn't the 2007 Patriots

I think 10-6 definitely will get you in this year. [HIGH-LIGHT]I think the last game of the year against Miami could potentially determine who gets the last spot, though. [/HIGH-LIGHT] I said that a week and a half ago..and I still believe it...http://www.pittsburghsportstavern.co...ead.php?t=1035

Not sure we make the playoffs.....if we lose next week!!!!!!

What could have been...get on the plane knowing you have a 2 game separation with the Ravens...and land and find out you are tied for 1st place in the division.

Iīll try to rebut your points as best I can. Kind of tough with the way things are quoted here.

1. Yes, we lost to a bad team. But, we had control of the game most of the time. Not making excuses, we lost. However, we have been in every single loss this season until the very end. **** didnīt bounce our way to give us the win. Today, the Jags showed NO dominance against the Bills. They have shown almost NO domince at all this season.
    What Iīm saying is, we can beat anybody. The Jags, not so much.

2. Yes, the Texans almost beat the Colts. But, who the hell hasnīt? The Colts have been going down to the wire against every so-so team this season and have had some luck squeeking by the 2 good ones they played.

3. No, those were not my losses.Not exactly. I had 1 loss to the Bengals written down. I also had the Bears beating us.

4. I donīt think it was a "gotta win" game as to make or break the season. But, it was a "should win" game. Yes, good teams usually win these these games, but not always. These things happen alot. Thatīs why they are called "upsets."
    What matters when a good team loses in an upset is how they respond.

Yeah, I agree with you. We should by all measures have the same record as the Bengals right now. But, I just hope the team isnīt dwelling on that fact, because thatīs what will get in the way of being succesful from here on out. Which, I believe they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Yeah sort of I guess. I mean, we've seen the Patriots lose. they are far from invincible. The Colts always look like world beaters in the regular season, the Bengals are riding on some crazy good fortune etc...

When you look towards the Playoffs though, this is why I say "all that matters is just getting in".

Indianapolis - they've got a history of choking. Doesn't matter if it's at home, on the road, what team they have. I mean, the team they won the SB with couldn't stop the run all year long. I never thought it was their best team. Indy is a team that looks awesome in the regular season and come the playoffs, Peyton Manning or whatever, lay eggs.

San Diego - Norv Turner. That's all. That's a team that has just enough to win, but have far too many flaws.

New England - Most dangerous team in the league. I hate them with a passion but Tom Brady knows how to win big games. Are the Pats for real? I don't know, but come the playoffs, they are coached well and have a QB that is tough to beat in big games.

Cincinnati - No. Sorry. Their luck is going to run out. It happened against Oakland. the luck they rely on, wasn't there and was in the other teams hands and they lost. Cincinnati doesn't have the talent on either side of the ball to pull out a 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

Baltimore - If they make it, which is doubtful, don't have enough. flacco is a choker and their defense is too gutted. We trampled them last year before they got gutted.

Jacksonville - They aren't that good. Jones-Drew is. Gararrd isn't and neither is their defense.

Houston - they have an offense that can be scary good but lack consistency and their defense isn't good.

I mean, really it is a crapshoot. New England is the only team that you can truly fear in the playoffs and this isn't the 2007 Patriots
    Agreed pretty much 100% here. When I said there's a drop off with the best teams I'm mostly going on record (although I think it's clear that the Vikes and Saints are by far the best 2 teams in the NFC this year). I don't know how many 10-0 teams there have been in the history of the NFL, but this year's Colts team has to be the worst. I actually don't see them getting to the SB this year.

I hate to say it but the Pats are probably going to the Super Bowl this year. I sure don't see the Bengals beating them, the Colts were extremely lucky to have beaten them at home (don't see that happening again), the Chargers have Norv Turner and a questionable defense and the Steelers always have problems with them.

Before the season started I thought it would be the Steelers and Pats in the AFCC game for team of the decade. It could still happen, like you said it's a crapshoot. It should be interesting. Steelers have the talent, but where's the drive and coaching?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information