Thread: Roethlisberger practices despite concussion

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Roethlisberger practices despite concussion

November 25, 2009
    Roethlisberger practices despite concussion
    Associated Press

PITTSBURGH Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has practiced despite sustaining a concussion against Kansas City and is expected to play Sunday in Baltimore.

[HIGH-LIGHT]While Roethlisberger went through a usual Wednesday practice, second-year quarterback Dennis Dixon took more snaps than usual.[/HIGH-LIGHT] Dixon moved up the depth chart when backup Charlie Batch broke his left wrist during the 27-24 loss to the Chiefs.

The Steelers added a third quarterback by signing former three-year Pitt starter Tyler Palko to their practice squad.

[HIGH-LIGHT]Defensive end Travis Kirschke practiced after missing three games with a torn left calf muscle.[/HIGH-LIGHT] Safety Troy Polamalu (left knee ligament) missed the workout.

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/loca...329185014.html
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Roethlisberger practices despite concussion

Palko better be a quick study....just sayin.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wonder if Palko is gonna be dressing on Sunday just in case. I know Hines has been listed as the emergency QB before and Heath was a QB at Virginia before he converted to TE.
    WE gotta emphisize the run this week to protect Ben and not over expose him to that Raven pass rush. Is Brucey smart enough to know this?
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As I said at the start of preseason and can't really remember the conditions vs. money etc, Lefty should have remained over Batch.

I kind of remember Lefty wanted to be a starter before anything so, it is it was a moot point.

Batch is done in my opinion. The little that he is called upon he gets hurt too quickly. Is this his second or third major injury since being a Steeler ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [HIGH-LIGHT]I wonder if Palko is gonna be dressing on Sunday just in case.[/HIGH-LIGHT] I know Hines has been listed as the emergency QB before and Heath was a QB at Virginia before he converted to TE.
    [HIGH-LIGHT]WE gotta emphisize the run this week to protect Ben and not over expose him to that Raven pass rush.[/HIGH-LIGHT] Is Brucey smart enough to know this?
    I would be suprised if he dresses, but then again, that's why I'm sitting on a couch instead of the front office....

Yea, I agree about the run game.... But not only for Ben, we need to get it going for the whole dynamic of the offense IMO.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I look for Mendy to run with some extra effort anyway seeing as how gayray ended his season last year. If benson can go for 100+ against the ratbirds, I know Mendy can.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I look for Mendy to run with some extra effort anyway seeing as how gayray ended his season last year. If benson can go for 100+ against the ratbirds, I know Mendy can.
    Good point about the "grudge factor" with Mendy.... I forgot all about that...

Threads : 29

We've never had much luck running on them. Although their defense this year is not that good and some teams have had success against them this year.

So I don't know that I'd go into it wanting to so much establish the run unless of course we're having success. I say run enough to keep them honest, but I do believe the RB needs to be involved in the passing game. Arians can help Ben out by calling some quick passes, but then Ben has to help himself out as well and take the underneath stuff. I will always believe they're a two headed monster in that regard.
    But then I also think they can be beat deep. Reed has a bum shoulder and missed practice with a foot injury. I've read that they'll have a rookie CB making his first start covering Ward. So they're hurt at the DB position and I don't know who they have left to cover Wallace.
    This isn't the same Raven defense without Scott and Ryan. But then they'll be playing for their playoff hopes and a loss I think pretty much puts them out.
    It looks likely that Suggs also will not play.
    They always play us tough, but I don't know just how much toughness they have left this year. Then they've also been talking about this game since the playoffs last year.

Good points cardiac. we have to get the RB's involved in the passing game to not only protect Ben, but how many yards have we left on the field because Ben has taken the sack looking for the big play instead of checking down to the RB? Getting back to this would really help the offense.
    as beat up as they are, the ratbirds will put up a fight because it's the Steelers. The Steelers tend to dial up the intensity as well when it is Ravens week, not to mention prime time. It will be very important that we establish the running game and the short passing game.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information