Thread: Ben

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Default Ben

could be out for a few weeks! i think the steelers can win enough games to keep our hopes up tho,til he gets back!

Threads : 181
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ben

The good thing about the Ravens is that they can be run on this year and Dwyer and Redman have been running well. I would feel better however if Batch were starting over Leftwich, but who knows maybe between the rust and the weather, that's why he looked shaky.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 89
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I, too, would feel more comfortable with Batch starting than Broken Leftwrist. He seems faster in his decision process and could possibly keep that short/medium offence that's in this year going.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, too, would feel more comfortable with Batch starting than Broken Leftwrist. He seems faster in his decision process and could possibly keep that short/medium offence that's in this year going.
    Not just decision-making, but delivery.

We're more of a timing, short/intermediate throw offense that relies on a rhythm. Leftwich's delivery is absurd, it actually gives the D a split second to close or move in on passes. He possesses the bigger arm, but that's not required in this offense.

In fact his delivery is identical to Nomo:

The injury timing is both good and bad. It's bad, obviously because we play the Ravens twice in the next couple weeks and now we're staring squarely at a wildcard and road playoff game at best instead of competing for the division and #2 seed. But it's good that it's so far from the playoffs that we should be able to have a healthy Ben for whatever run we need to make, compared to last year's gimp Ben.

Threads : 58

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Steelers say Byron Leftwich will start for injured quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Sunday's key matchup against the Baltimore Ravens.

Roethlisberger sprained his right shoulder in the third quarter of Monday night's win over Kansas City when he was slammed to the ground by two Chiefs linebackers in the third quarter.

Leftwich will be making his first start for the Steelers. His last start came in 2009 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Leftwich was 7 of 14 for 73 yards after replacing Roethlisberger on Monday night.

The Ravens (7-2) are a game ahead of the Steelers (6-3) for first place in the AFC North.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Threads : 58

Roethlisberger has rare, potentially dangerous rib injury
    November 14, 2012 1:34 pm
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said today that he has a partially dislocated rib that could make it dangerous for him to play again until it heals.

Roethlisberger said the rib injury is a bigger concern than the shoulder sprain. He said his doctor told him that the rib injury could kill him by pressing against his aorta and that it is so rare that the last time the doctor saw a similar injury was in a rugby player in 1998.

The Steelers said today that backup quarterback Byron Leftwich will start when they play the Baltimore Ravens at home Sunday night.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2CDxUL55k

Threads : 362

This is my greatest fear. I've been saying for a few years now that we need to draft a quality QB and let him develop. I'm not saying that either Batch or Leftwich aren't capable, but Lefty is pretty injury prone and Charlie's favorite sitting position is probably in the whirlpool.

Ben is never going to get hurt and I'm going to live forever. This position needs attention!!!

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 89
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, we briefly thought Dennis Dixon was the answer, but it turned out we weren't asking the right question.

Yes, Back-up QB is a necessity and it takes something like this to bring that up. Ideally, we need someone who would be willing to sacrifice a chunk of their ego to be back-up for years and even then possibly not take over as starter when we lose Ben, whilst playing at a good level. That should be an easy find...
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information