Thread: Ground and Pound returns to Steelers offense

Threads : 181
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ground and Pound returns to Steelers offense

With Ben going down to a severe and rare rib injury in the midst of his best season, the Steelers are going to rely heavily on the running game to get through for at least these next 5 games. Good thing Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman are up to the task. This is the kind of situation they work hard for and dream about as they prepare to face the 25th ranked running defense of the Ravens and the Cleveland Browns who are sandwiched between the Ravens games. As far as Leftwich goes, if Dennis Dixon can almost beat a stacked Ravens defense, Leftwich should certainly be able to beat a soft Ravens defense that is missing several players themselves. The biggest problems with Lefty is his long windup before his throws and the fact that he throws the 7 yard out route with as much smoke as one of his 60 yard ropes. Even so, the Steelers can and will win with Lord Byron under center. He has plenty of experience and is a solid leader and Haley will structure the gameplan to what Lefty does best. Have faith and let's kick some Ratbird ***.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 47
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ground and Pound returns to Steelers offense

Ya got that right Steel. Seems to me, that the Steelers have ran this gauntlet before and turned in a 3-1.
    I think we split the Ravens and take the rest.
    Hidden Content

"PAPPY" 39~10
    ~ICP 010~

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Adversity agrees with the Steelers it seems. We'll definitely find out what kind of leadership there is among the players on the team. 3-1 over the next 4 games is my prediction.

Threads : 367

I see that Mendenhall is due to return. I also see where Haley has said that the offense will be changed to play to Leftwich's strengths instead of Letwich changing to the offensive schemes that Ben played with. Not sure that means Ground and Pound. We'll see and I'm going to hold you to that 3-1 Steelreign.
    Last edited by exNCite; Nov-16-2012 at 08:43 AM.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 57

I keep forgetting the Haley factor. I'm used to Arians not adjusting and going for the square peg into the round hole theology.

Maybe Haley will have something up his sleeve ? The Ravens haven't been the same as in the past but that doesn't mean a thing to me considering the rivalry, the hate and what this game means to each team.

The Ravens goal will be to knock Lefty out of the game and then Batch out of the game. Everyone nows these two are glass houses with Lefty being the most fragile.

It will be a gloomy Monday I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep forgetting the Haley factor. I'm used to Arians not adjusting and going for the square peg into the round hole theology.

Maybe Haley will have something up his sleeve ? The Ravens haven't been the same as in the past but that doesn't mean a thing to me considering the rivalry, the hate and what this game means to each team.

The Ravens goal will be to knock Lefty out of the game and then Batch out of the game. Everyone nows these two are glass houses with Lefty being the most fragile.

It will be a gloomy Monday I feel.
    Have faith my friend, between the running game against the Ravens 25th ranked run defense and Haley, Leftwich isn't going to be left exposed to the Ravens pass rush. The 3 headed monster of Mendy, Redman and Dwyer should be able to do some damage. If Wallace can actually catch the deep ball he is going to get, that will loosen up the defense and open the run game.

These backs need around 15 touches I've heard before they get in gear. I doubt all will get their hands on the ball. As for Wallace, I'm still waiting on him actually being a deep threat. I know he is advertised as such but, we see little of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    These backs need around 15 touches I've heard before they get in gear. I doubt all will get their hands on the ball. As for Wallace, I'm still waiting on him actually being a deep threat. I know he is advertised as such but, we see little of it.
    Yeah, only threat he's been this year is a major threat to drop the deep ball.

ha, ha ! good one.

Threads : 20

Listening to all of the media "experts", we shouldnt even take the field tonight VS Baltimore--- we have absolutely no shot of even keeping the game remotely close !!

Threads : 1742

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    I see that Mendenhall is due to return. I also see where Haley has said that the offense will be changed to play to Leftwich's strengths instead of Letwich changing to the offensive schemes that Ben played with. Not sure that means Ground and Pound. We'll see and I'm going to hold you to that 3-1 Steelreign.
    Yeah dont know what that means either, but we'll see I guess.

I always felt that the short passing game, quick release was more of a strength of Leftwich compared to Ben even with that long wind up and having zero touch on the ball, Leftwich doesnt hold onto it long. not sure what sort of adjustments are made for him.

One thing about Lefty is that he has a stronger arm than Ben's (not quite as accurate) so, if Wallace can get behind the Ravens defense, Lefty has the arm to hit him in stride. Whether Wallace catches it is anyone's guess. If he drops anymore passes, The Rooney's should force him to change his number to Limas Sweed's or Dwight Stones
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information