Thread: Steelers working out 4.

Threads : 58

Default Steelers working out 4.

The Steelers are working out four players, including former wide receiver Plaxico Burress, this morning at their South Side facility.

Burress is joined by former Penn State wide receiver Derrick Williams and quarterbacks Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka.

They were being worked out under the eye of Coach Mike Tomlin, offensive coordinator Todd Haley and general manager Kevin Colbert.

Williams was with the Steelers in training camp.

Hoyer, who played at Michigan State, was most the recently the No. 3 quarterback with the New England Patriots.

Kafka was a former backup with the Philadelphia Eagles who was drafted on the fourth round in 2010 from Northwestern. He was 11 of 16 for 107 yards and two interceptions in a limited appearance for the Eagles.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2CmVTJgFz

Threads : 369

Default Re: Steelers working out 4.

OK, so I'll . This QB situation is bad. Who knows when Ben will be back and that he'll be able to STAY once he returns. One shot may re-injure the rib. For sure when Leftwich comes back, he'll last maybe a quarter. (I understand now why he hadn't taken a snap in like 3 years. They didn't want him to get hurt). So we're down to Charlie. God bless him! If he gets hurt, the next in line, at this point, is Heath Miller. Love the guy, but having him play QB?

I see the Steelers riding Ben for as long as they possibly can and then maneuvering in the draft to trade up get another franchise type guy. But I have to ask why? What's wrong with acquiring a young, off the radar type guy and teaching him to play in the NFL. I look at last night's game. Picture Colin Kaepernick as a back-up or a player like him. Some here have said that a young talented player wouldn't want to be buried behind Ben and therefore all we can get are scrap heap veterans. I don't buy that in a million years.

It is almost incumbent on the organization to deal with arguably the most important position on the team. Now before it's too late. Maybe this season can be salvaged, but beyond this year, it's like playing catch with a live grenade.

The Steelers are working out four players, including former wide receiver Plaxico Burress, this morning at their South Side facility.

Burress is joined by former Penn State wide receiver Derrick Williams and quarterbacks Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka.

They were being worked out under the eye of Coach Mike Tomlin, offensive coordinator Todd Haley and general manager Kevin Colbert.

Williams was with the Steelers in training camp.

Hoyer, who played at Michigan State, was most the recently the No. 3 quarterback with the New England Patriots.

Kafka was a former backup with the Philadelphia Eagles who was drafted on the fourth round in 2010 from Northwestern. He was 11 of 16 for 107 yards and two interceptions in a limited appearance for the Eagles.
    One question. If they sign Burress or another receiver AND a QB (which is mandatory), who loses their job?

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 1743
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont like that they are trying to sign a scrub. It looks like its coming down to who is the "cheapest", than who is the best guy out there. The feeling I get is that they are signing a backup to Charlie Batch with this belief that Charlie Batch will play every game while ignoring his inability to stay healthy.

Wanna throw away a season completely? Have Mike ****ing Kaftka and Brian Hoyer as your starting QB
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 58

Confirmed...

The Steelers have signed former wide receiver Plaxico Burress and quarterback Brian Hoyer after working out both players today.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2Cn8bD3TR
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Nov-20-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Biggest question now is who gets cut!!!

Threads : 89
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For a start, I'd IR Leftwich and possibly Crotchery...
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

To make room on the 53-man roster for Burress and Hoyer, the Steelers released running back Baron Batch and linebacker Marshall McFadden.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2CnONKdKv

Threads : 182
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Batch doesn't surprise me as he and Rainey are pretty much the same with Rainey being more versatile.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information