Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Must Really Suck To Be The Baltimore Ravens Right Now

Threads : 1742
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default It Must Really Suck To Be The Baltimore Ravens Right Now

Let me get this off my chest really quick - The Baltimore ravens are not a good football team. That they have a 9-3 record is part miracle and part amazing. Before the Pittsburgh Steelers pulled off an upset Sunday against the Ravens they almost pulled off a win 2 weeks ago while fielding a lot of big issue concerns in that game as well.

Baltimore ravens fans have never been known around the NFL as intelligent fans but after this game you have to wonder exactly how cocky they are. Sure, they have a 9-3 record but they dopn't even have security on the Division at this point. Their Defense is really bad and they have Peyton Manning, eli Manning and RGIII to face in the upcoming weeks. They couldn't even keep Charlie Batch from throwing 276 yards and hitting almost 70% of his passes. 70%!!!! that is Drew Brees/Ken Anderson type territory and the Baltimore Ravens just allowed Charlie Batch to look like them. Imagine what a very accurate RGIII, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning could possibly do to that Baltimore Ravens defense?

The Pittsburgh Steelers are in a great position right now. they hold their playoff destiny with a rematch at home against the Cincinnati Bengals who they had already beaten earlier this year. The score in that game was closer that the beat down the Steelers actually performed. The Steelers could still realistically win the AFC North. Just think about that for a minute. A team with as many injuries as the Steelers have could possibly win the Division.

If you're a Baltimore Ravens what do you think about the possibility of not winning the Division despite having a current 2 game lead? You should be extremely concerned considering your next handful of opponents. Consider the following :

The Baltimore Ravens just lost to a team that :

• Was playing their 3rd String/Practice Squader at RT
    • Was playing their 3rd String QB
    • Lost their Top CB, Ike Taylor during the first Defensive series
    • Was without their best passing rusher, Lamar Woodley
    • Their all Pro Safety, Troy Polamalu saw very limited playing time and spent a good portion of the game filling in for Cortez Allen who had to move into Ike Taylor's spot.
    • The Steelers had to move their Pro Bowl Center, Maurkice Pouncey to LG and used their backup Center, Doug Legursky because of an injury to starting LG Willie Colon for the entire game.

I understand that the Baltimore Ravens are without some key defensive players of their own but Offensively that team is healthy. Exactly who in the NFL could they beat if you keep their Defensive injuries and you take away Joe Flacco and start a 3rd stringer at RT and move around their interior due to injury. Bench Ray Rice and start Pierce and have Anquan Boldin miss a couple of games like Antonio Brown missed?

The Ravens would be a notch below the Steelers and Bengals in the division. As it stands now the Ravens aren';t even on the same playing field as the Charlie Batch lead Pittsburgh Steelers and at this point, so late in the season, that's not where you want your team to be.

I'll say this really nicely.. If John Harbaugh didn't get a Gatorade bath in Pittsburgh after they pulled out narrow a victory over the Byron Leftwich/Charlie Batch Steelers then they missed their shot in 2012 because that is a team that won't go far in the Playoffs and as usual, they won't be heading into the Playoffs.

The Baltimore Ravens are dead and as Mike Tomlin displayed after the game, they';re so much an after thought, that you don't even care to recognize their Head Coach for a post game handshake
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 57

Default Re: It Must Really Suck To Be The Baltimore Ravens Right Now

I agree....... The Steeler should have beat them two weeks ago and had Ben been here for both games we would have had a win two weeks ago and yesterday, not even close for the Ravens to even considered a win.

The thing the Ravens do better than the Steelers is, the seem to match up better against the Cheats.

Do you guys notice how much jawing their players do during a game ? Do you notice we never beat tem, they manage to not do this or that ?
    As long as they been in the league and for the future they will always be that type of team. They have classless Lewis as their identity and they continue to groom players to be just as mouthy, classless as the veterans. They went from Billick to Harbaugh and I see no difference in manners or the ability to be proffesional or to have class in either of their coaches.

I don't think too much of their fans either.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing the Ravens do better than the Steelers is, the seem to match up better against the Cheats.
    Not this year. We actually match up better simply because our Pass Defense has been rather good (my next Blog Article). The Ravens Pass Defense is awful. My brothers were down at the Ravens game at Heuinzx field. They had no idea that Byron Leftwich was playign broken ribs and a bad shoulder for 3/4 of the game. They're texting me in all caps "RECEIVERS ARE WIDE OPEN ALL OVER THE PLACE LEFTWICH SUCKS!". Problem is that Leftwich couldn't throw so he couldn't hit any of them. tom Brady even without Gronk would eat that Ravens Pass Defense up. I mean Charlie Batch had 276 and a near 70% completion percentage, can you imagine what Brady would do?

The last time the Steelers played the Patriots, we shut down tom Brady. We took away all of their underneath passing. We played press man coverage and really stole from the Giants defensive play book on how to beat the Patriots. We have the personnel to do it. We've been doing it all this year. the Ravens really don't. Their secondary is really banged up and the replacements have been lousy and their linebackers have been poor in pass coverage. It's just amazing how they have managed to be 9-3

Threads : 183

Expect the last game of the season for Baltimore against Cincinnati to be huge too, theres a good chance the Bengals will be in the hunt for a wild card spot
    WATCH GAMES LIVE ON LINKS BELOW

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Threads : 2

It sucks to be my Son-in-law today......Amy & Matt's Christmas Stockings.jpg

They usually never watch the games in the same room!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Not this year. We actually match up better simply because our Pass Defense has been rather good (my next Blog Article). The Ravens Pass Defense is awful. My brothers were down at the Ravens game at Heuinzx field. They had no idea that Byron Leftwich was playign broken ribs and a bad shoulder for 3/4 of the game. They're texting me in all caps "RECEIVERS ARE WIDE OPEN ALL OVER THE PLACE LEFTWICH SUCKS!". Problem is that Leftwich couldn't throw so he couldn't hit any of them. tom Brady even without Gronk would eat that Ravens Pass Defense up. I mean Charlie Batch had 276 and a near 70% completion percentage, can you imagine what Brady would do?

The last time the Steelers played the Patriots, we shut down tom Brady. We took away all of their underneath passing. We played press man coverage and really stole from the Giants defensive play book on how to beat the Patriots. We have the personnel to do it. We've been doing it all this year. the Ravens really don't. Their secondary is really banged up and the replacements have been lousy and their linebackers have been poor in pass coverage. It's just amazing how they have managed to be 9-3

Nice stuff Kip and I forgot about our last game with the Patriots and how Lebeau was ready for him. Bellicheat outside of cheating does take away what a team does best so says the annoucers and around the football talk. With what you said and my new found confidence in our team and in our OC, I believe you shut one thing down on our Steelers offense the other gears will kick in.

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo

I think if we still had Arians (forgive me Kip for saying that name) there is no way Batch puts up the numbers he did. I do think though that this season needs to be a wake up call for the upcoming draft. We need to start thinking about getting some new blood in training as QB.

Threads : 331
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can I change the title a little bit. I propose, " It must suck to be the Baltimore Ravens All the Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackandgold View Post
    I think if we still had Arians (forgive me Kip for saying that name) there is no way Batch puts up the numbers he did. I do think though that this season needs to be a wake up call for the upcoming draft. We need to start thinking about getting some new blood in training as QB.

No freakin way Batch has the game he did or would we have won under Arians. Arians wouldn't take what they give or work with our players talents. No, No, Noooo, Arians would tell the Ravens to hit Batch again and put some stank on it!

Arians would continue to try and shove the square peg into the round hole. Eveyone wants to give credit to Arians on the success the Colts are having but, once again Arians gets the future HOF qb that is light years ahead of being a rookie as his qb.
    Let me see Arians go to the Chiefs or the Browns and have success with thos e QB's. Puh-a-leeeezzzz, Arians would last half a season before the fans turned on him and even less in Cleveland. They already know he's a freakin joke.

Threads : 181

It appears that while the Steelers need help in the draft for depth it may not be as bad as we thought. If they didn't kill themselves with turnovers they very well could've gone 3-0 since Ben has been out. If the Steelers could ever get healthy, they can make a serious run in the playoffs.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Goonatic View Post
    Expect the last game of the season for Baltimore against Cincinnati to be huge too, theres a good chance the Bengals will be in the hunt for a wild card spot
    It should be. That game against Cleveland for us could actually have some meaning outside of getting revenge for a game we gave them

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Nice stuff Kip and I forgot about our last game with the Patriots and how Lebeau was ready for him. Bellicheat outside of cheating does take away what a team does best so says the annoucers and around the football talk. With what you said and my new found confidence in our team and in our OC, I believe you shut one thing down on our Steelers offense the other gears will kick in.
    The problem with Belichick doing this defensively right now is that he doesnt have the defense to take away soeone's passing game. Even if he tried, his run defense isnt that great and we could grind it out on the ground. Back in the early-mid 2000's the Patriots team was built more on Defense. along with a very high efficiency type Offense that teams all around the league have mimicked since, include us under Todd Haley, the Patriots have to survive now winning 1 on 1. Talent vs. talent IMO. They're good enough to easily win that ugly division of there's and make it to the playoffs and even get to super bowls but there's a reason why they haven't won a Super Bowl since 2004..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackandgold View Post
    That's difficult to say. the one thing that Bruce Arians could do was get yardage. His belief always seemed to be that "more yardage = better offense". He got fired because "more yardage wasn't = more points". Its tough to compare offenses between this and last year because of Ben's injury, but this has been a more efficient Offense so perhaps Batch puts up 276 yards, but there's no way he does it completing nearly 70% of his paasses. under Arians you're talking around 60-63% and you aren't scoring 23 points either. 16 sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Pittsburgh Fan View Post
    Can I change the title a little bit. I propose, " It must suck to be the Baltimore Ravens All the Time"
    I'll get that as a separate Blog post the next time we play them

Quote Originally Posted by cordini View Post
    It sucks to be my Son-in-law today......Amy & Matt's Christmas Stockings.jpg

They usually never watch the games in the same room!
    to your Daughter. she deserves it.. especially after having to probably deal with the gloating after the Ravens barely squeaked one out against the Broken Robs and bad shouldered Byron Leftwich lead steelers a couple weeks ago

Threads : 331
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sure I could share my life with a Raven fan

Threads : 181

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Pittsburgh Fan View Post
    I'm not sure I could share my life with a Raven fan
    That's a fact right there. I could not or would not let a shred of any purple ravens crap in my house EVER. There is just no way I could sleep with the enemy or copulate with it either
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 20

ect the last game of the season for Baltimore against Cincinnati to be huge too, theres a good chance the Bengals will be in the hunt for a wild card spot

The ratbird/bungles winner will be in the playoffs and the loser watching them.I think the rats lose @was,den.NY Giants and have to win at bungleland to take the last playoff slot.I know thats a little
    bit of wishful thinking but "You got to believe" and I picked the Steelers to win the division in the weekly
    pickems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information