Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

      
  1. #1
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 63,560
    Threads : 1722
    Last Online : Yesterday @ 06:21 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    It's Not Mike Wallace's fault that he has dropped the ball this season multiple times per game it seems and can't seem to run routes that gets him open more than not... No sir, it is the fault of the Pittsburgh Steelers Offense because obviously Mike Wallace has ADD and needs Ritalin

    “I’ve never been a guy who dropped balls or just lose focus,” Wallace said somewhat apologetically. “The first three years I was always involved, so you just warmed up in games, and you were just into it.

    “But when you don’t get the ball for two-and-half quarters, you lose focus. But that’s the type of offense this is. We’re spreading it around, so you’re not going to get as many targets. When you get them, you have to make the best of them.”



    “When I don’t get the ball for a certain amount of time, I lose focus sometimes,” he said. “It hurts me when it’s time for me to make a play.”


    The toughest thing is staying positive through three quarters because you’re not going to get the ball every time,” Wallace said as the team prepares to face San Diego on Sunday at Heinz Field. “You have to be ready to deliver when it comes your way. That’s been the biggest thing I’ve had to learn this year.”

    How about Mike Wallace try doing this...

    GET OPEN!!!

    If you get open, the ball will come your way more often. If you're not open, then the ball isn't going to come to you. You have 2 things to do out there on the field and the first one is getting open so that your QB has a target to throw to. If you're not getting open, you won't get the ball thrown to you at which point, don't start crying to everyone else that you can stay "focuses". If you have a focusing problem then go do a job that keeps you bust all day long like working the Drive-Thru window at McDonald's

    “We spread the ball around more than we did in the past,” said Wallace, who missed all of training camp because of a contract dispute. “So it’s not one or two people with yards. Nobody’s numbers just jump out.

    “If there’s been a play that I haven’t made this year, it’s been in the second or third quarter when I haven’t been getting too many passes ... and I’m losing focus. I get a little frustrated, and that’s the main thing.”
    There. I shed a tear for Mike Wallace because that is what Mike Wallace wants. He wants you to feel sorry for him. Here's what the Steelers need to do... get rid of this crybaby individual player after the season. Good bye, Mike Wallace. Go somewhere else and "lose focus" there. You're not a team player. A team player makes sure they are relied on at all times. If you aren't catching the ball or having it throw your way, you're blocking. You're keeping focus. You're a decoy for someone else on the team. The ultimate goal is that your team has success. Mike Wallace just wants what is good for Mike Wallace and if ity doesn't happen then it was someone else's fault.

    Go to Baltimore. That's their attitude. It's always someone else's fault.

    “Sometimes I have to remind them not to forget about me.”
    Sometimes you need to be reminded that this is a team sport and not a "me" sport. You held out because you thought you were worth Larry Fitzgerald money and you catch the ball like Braylon Edwards, Limas Sweed and Dwight Stone donated sperm and made a test tube baby. Enjoy the rest of your time here, Mike. It's about done








    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  2. #2
    Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Status : Pittsburgh is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 19, 2009
    Posts : 1,416
    Threads : 58
    Last Online : Feb-06-2013 @ 06:43 AM

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus


    Assuming he hasn't already, this guy is quickly running himself out of Pittsburgh.
    He was better off keeping quiet, accepting the fact that he's had a bad season up to this point and figuring out how to catch the next ball that is thrown directly into his chest.
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Dec-07-2012 at 05:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 63,560
    Threads : 1722
    Last Online : Yesterday @ 06:21 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Assuming he hasn't already, this guy is quickly running himself out of Pittsburgh.
    He was better off keeping quiet, accepting the fact that he's had a bad season up to this point and figuring out how to catch the next ball that is thrown directly into his chest.
    hes only hurting his personal value in the offseason talking like this. Right now he's just a straight down fiel;d runner with great speed and no hands. His value sucks and whining to the media about the Steelers offense spreading the ball around isn't going to help because thats what most successful offenses do. Green bay, New Orleans, New England. They all have 1 goto WR (which is Antonio Brown here) that can get open and run great routes and then they spread the ball around
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  4. #4
    GeoPittsburghFan's Avatar
    Status : GeoPittsburghFan is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 1,009
    Threads : 5
    Last Online : Apr-16-2014 @ 10:55 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus



    Un-friggin'-believable. He wants paid top dollar and he is admitting to losing focus during the game? Can you say Randy Moss lite (all the attitude, half the talent).
    I am the King Lurker.

  5. #5
    Blackandgold's Avatar
    Status : Blackandgold is offline
    Rank : Minor Leaguer
    Join Date : Nov 24, 2009
    Location : Emaus, PA
    Posts : 543
    Threads : 20
    Last Online : Mar-06-2014 @ 05:50 PM
    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    If I was making his kind of money I could stay focused and positive for four quarters if I had s#.+ in my hair.

  6. #6
    GeoPittsburghFan's Avatar
    Status : GeoPittsburghFan is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 1,009
    Threads : 5
    Last Online : Apr-16-2014 @ 10:55 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    I think we all make a bunch less money than he is making right now and we all seem to be able to stay focused. What bothers me is they are on the field for about half the time the game is played (about 30 minutes). And you can't stay focused for that long?
    I am the King Lurker.

  7. #7
    _SteeL_CurtaiN_'s Avatar
    Status : _SteeL_CurtaiN_ is offline
    Rank : Waterboy
    Join Date : Oct 27, 2011
    Posts : 112
    Threads : 21
    Last Online : Nov-18-2013 @ 02:55 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    That's rich!!! Like cheesecake rich! I drop balls because I don't get enough thrown my way?!?!?! Contrary to what a certain banned poster may think this guy couldn't hold Hines Ward's jock!

  8. #8
    cordini's Avatar
    Status : cordini is offline
    Rank : Bench Warmer
    Join Date : Feb 11, 2011
    Posts : 305
    Threads : 2
    Last Online : Apr-08-2014 @ 06:14 PM

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    The only reason he had success early in his career was beacuse of Hines and Heath being able to run routes and make the tough catches accross the middle. Antonio did learn from Hines and I'm glad he's the guy that got the contract extension.....Even though Mikey has great speed doing a straight-line, they call them routes for a reason. If you want to play in the NFL, you better learn how to run routes and get yourslef open or block for the other player that gets the ball. He's gone......

  9. #9
    steel0710's Avatar
    Status : steel0710 is offline
    Rank : 3rd Stringer
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 808
    Threads : 130
    Last Online : Mar-10-2014 @ 07:06 PM

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandgold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was making his kind of money I could stay focused and positive for four quarters if I had s#.+ in my hair.
    B & G loved this post -- totally agree. The guy just doesn't have good hands and his only asset is speed. I think the steelers will offer him something low and if he declines they won't worry about it. Or they might bring in a FA WR next year that is big cause Brown has the wonderful speed and more importantly short distance quickness. Amazing for a 6th rounder. I often wonder why so many teams passed on Brown. Maybe its cause he was from little MAC school CMU

  10. #10
    Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Status : Pittsburgh is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 19, 2009
    Posts : 1,416
    Threads : 58
    Last Online : Feb-06-2013 @ 06:43 AM

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the steelers will offer him something low and if he declines they won't worry about it.
    I agree.
    I can see us throwing a low-ball offer at him, but I can't see him accepting it. Then again, 31 teams passed on him back in March when the Steelers chose not to tag him.
    Assuming another team offers him a better deal, I wonder if we still receive a 1st-round pick as compensation? I'm fairly certain a respectable pick of some sort remains in play, but I'm not sure if that 1st-rounder is still on the table.
    After holding out, dropping balls and then proceeding to make lame excuses for his poor play, having two-1st rounders in our back pocket sounds enticing to me.
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Dec-08-2012 at 08:08 AM.

  11. #11
    exNCite's Avatar
    Status : exNCite is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wall, New Jersey, United States
    Posts : 5,162
    Threads : 340
    Last Online : Yesterday @ 08:56 PM

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoPittsburghFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we all make a bunch less money than he is making right now and we all seem to be able to stay focused. What bothers me is they are on the field for about half the time the game is played (about 30 minutes). And you can't stay focused for that long?
    Exactly. Just because the ball isn't thrown to him doesn't mean there isn't purpose to his pattern and what else he is on the field for. As Steel Curtain said, he couldn't hold Hines Ward's jock.

    While we will miss the HR ball that he brings, it won't be THAT difficult to replace him. I'd much rather have the Antonio Brown receiver anyway. Kudos to the FO for recognizing which of the two is more valuable.

    POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

  12. #12
    War Machine's Avatar
    Status : War Machine is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Avalon, PA
    Posts : 6,601
    Threads : 88
    Last Online : Apr-06-2014 @ 03:03 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    Hey, MW, you know what might have helped get more balls thrown your way? Being in training camp, when the O was being constructed to fit the players there.

    This year, Wallace has looked like a fast Braylon Edwards. I'll leave it to the FO and coaches to evaluate his ongoing worth to the organisation. If he walks, I expect to see him dropping in Indianapolis or Arizona.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

  13. #13
    Indiana Pittsburgh Fan's Avatar

    Status : Indiana Pittsburgh Fan is offline
    Rank : Moderator
    Join Date : Apr 17, 2012
    Location : South Indiana
    Posts : 13,163
    Threads : 241
    Last Online : Today @ 04:40 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace Blames The Steelers Offense For Loss Of Focus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes you need to be reminded that this is a team sport and not a "me" sport. You held out because you thought you were worth Larry Fitzgerald money and you catch the ball like Braylon Edwards, Limas Sweed and Dwight Stone donated sperm and made a test tube baby. Enjoy the rest of your time here, Mike. It's about done
    PSF Paragraph of the year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •