Thread: #Steelers OL Coach Sean Kugler To Be Named Next HC at Utep

Threads : 1742
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default #Steelers OL Coach Sean Kugler To Be Named Next HC at Utep

Offensive Line coach Sean Kugler who took over for the incompetent Larry Zeirlein had interviewed for the job at UTEP and according to Behind The Steel Curtain blog had been given the job his morning. It hasn't been confirmed by the Steelers yet however
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 368

Default Re: #Steelers OL Coach Sean Kugler To Be Named Next HC at Utep

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offensive Line coach Sean Kugler who took over for the incompetent Larry Zeirlein had interviewed for the job at UTEP and according to Behind The Steel Curtain blog had been given the job his morning. It hasn't been confirmed by the Steelers yet however
    ****, that sucks. Good for him but bad for us. Especially in the middle of the season.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 20

I would be really surprised if Kugler left before the end of the season.He is under contract and I doubt the Steeler would let him leave while under contract. He could leave against the Steelers wishes but he would never coach in the NFL again.

Threads : 58

Sean Kugler, who has been praised for his work as the Steelers offensive line coach the past three seasons, will be named head coach at the University of Texas at El Paso.

A Steelers source confirmed to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette previously published reports that Kugler, 46, has taken the job with the Miners, where he played from 1984 to '88. However, he will continue to coach the Steelers line through the end of the season and, if they make it, the post-season.

Kugler was in Altoona this afternoon to watch the PIAA high school playoff game between North Allegheny and Wilson. His son, Patrick, is a senior guard for NA and has committed to play at Michigan.

Pete Rousssel of coachingsearch.com, citing sources, reported that Kugler has accepted the job. Asher Wildman of KVIA-TV in El Paso, Texas, reported "from a very good source" that Kugler will be the next head coach at UTEP.

Kugler will finish out the season with the Steelers before he leaves for El Paso.

Kugler joined the Steelers in 2010 and has been lauded for the job he has done through injuries and turnover in the offensive line. He had coached the offensive line in Buffalo, from 2007-2009, and was an assistant with the Detroit Lions from 2001-2005.

Kugler has never been a head coach but was assistant head coach at Boise State in 2006. He also coached at his alma matter from 1993-2000.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2EVLmsmwH

Threads : 89
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kugler is the Master of Duct Tape!

He's held our O Line in place with patches and I love the guy for that and, if he is on his way to UTEP, I wish him all the best.

Who might we look at to replace him? I'd suggest Juan Castillo. Admittedly, the Iggles fired him, but that was after he was thrown from O Line coach to D Co-ordinator. Not exactly a move on a lot of guys' career flow-charts.

It's also worth noting that, as soon as Castillo was moved to D Co-ordinator, the line in Philly seemed to become hell-bent on getting Michael Vick killed.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 1742
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default #Steelers OL Coach Sean Kugler To Be Named Next HC at Utep

I like Sean Kugler a lot. Even though I like Todd Haley, I feel that Kugler was the best hire of Tomlin's career so far. "Master of Duct tape" was a phenomenal description but he was a little more than that. The guy got the most out of everyone. Ive documented in a Blog post or 2 how the Offensive Line wasnt as bad as fans and the media made it out to be the past 2 seasons and how much it had grown. Kugler seemed to be able to teach the zone blocking scheme better than pervy Larry Zierlein and seemed to find a way to prepare players at an enormous rate. The amount of injuries we have had over the years at OL and Kugler always had them ready.

Hopefully Tomlin finds another Kugler. Always felt like we had to settle on Zierlein because of the scarce amount of available OL coaches by the time Tomlin got a chance to look
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 181

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Sean Kugler a lot. Even though I like Todd Haley, I feel that Kugler was the best hire of Tomlin's career so far. "Master of Duct tape" was a phenomenal description but he was a little more than that. The guy got the most out of everyone. Ive documented in a Blog post or 2 how the Offensive Line wasnt as bad as fans and the media made it out to be the past 2 seasons and how much it had grown. Kugler seemed to be able to teach the zone blocking scheme better than pervy Larry Zierlein and seemed to find a way to prepare players at an enormous rate. The amount of injuries we have had over the years at OL and Kugler always had them ready.

Hopefully Tomlin finds another Kugler. Always felt like we had to settle on Zierlein because of the scarce amount of available OL coaches by the time Tomlin got a chance to look
    I would do whatever it took to bring in Dermonti Dawson to coach these lineman, that guy is gonna be a GOOD coach.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information