Thread: So When Did Dejan Become the Pittsburgh Media Troll?

Threads : 155
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default So When Did Dejan Become the Pittsburgh Media Troll?

He seems to have insulted and miffed all of the Pirate bloggers on Twitter tonight.

Threads : 181
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So When Did Dejan Become the Pittsburgh Media Troll?

He seems to be irritated that Charlie from Bucs Dugout and other bloggers are calling him out on his "sources" and other things. Guess being outed disagrees with him, but he needs to be and it's about time.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He seems to be irritated that Charlie from Bucs Dugout and other bloggers are calling him out on his "sources" and other things. Guess being outed disagrees with him, but he needs to be and it's about time.
    No.

The way I read it is that he's calling them out for a double standard. Seems like Charlie et al attacked him for not being "objective" at some point and for citing ERA as a stat regarding the Hanny trade. Then none of them (again Charlie et al) go after others (DK posted a link to another person's take on the trade where they cited ERA) when they discuss the trade.

Sure it's petty for DK to bring it up, but I'd be somewhat ****ed too and call someone out for a perceived double standard.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That "double standard" and usng stats when it benefits them. I think I recall (through the twitter war) that they were leaving Melancon's 2012 ERA out of the discussion and using his 2011 ERA.

I can see both sides for this (ERA). In 2011, he was with the Astros and in 2012, he was with the Red Sox. Both divisions are different beasts. I would assume they used the 2011 ERA numbers to give a better idea of hoe Melancon will do in our division. Then again, I could be wrong (but what are those chances).

I didn't read any of the articles they were using so I can't comment on the content.

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The moral of the story is this.

DK is never right all the time in everything he says.

The bloggers are never always right either.

Threads : 1742
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vandelay industries View Post
    No.

The way I read it is that he's calling them out for a double standard. Seems like Charlie et al attacked him for not being "objective" at some point and for citing ERA as a stat regarding the Hanny trade. Then none of them (again Charlie et al) go after others (DK posted a link to another person's take on the trade where they cited ERA) when they discuss the trade.

Sure it's petty for DK to bring it up, but I'd be somewhat ****ed too and call someone out for a perceived double standard.
    Charlie was 120% right for calling him out. I followed the entire conversation. DK's **** is just hurt because he was publicly called out for presenting a flawed and skewed Tweet aimed at dogging a player in a trade with a specific stat, knowing that sta was flawed and not offering up an honest picture.

What DicKhead did was he posted Melancoln's ERA from 2012 so that it would get a big negative response on Twitter and get people ****ed at the Pirates etc... to stir up negativity since that is all he does. DK knows and even admitted to Charlie that ERA is a terrible stat to represent Relievers on, yet he did it anyways, continues to make up excuses and move goal posts to defend and not defend what he did and Charlie continued to call him out on that. Charlie mentioned the doublestandard of Joel Hanrahan coming over in a trade posting a 7+ ERA and Dejan's wasn't crying then.

So basically, as Charlie has slapped DK around and rightfully so with the only people defending DK appearing to be his gay lap dog Erik Bowser and a bunch of trolls from Smizik's Blog/DK's blog (same people, different names). Now, the only and newest defense Dejan can find is "Rosnethal used ERA" why not go after him except that Ken Rosenthal never tweeted about Melancoln's ERA - https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal

Biggest thing about all of this is that Bloggers and all of the credibles ones are standing up to a media hack/fraud like Dejan whose smear campaign and propaganda pushing does nothing good for the Pirates or for the rest of us who have to continuously answer tweets, facebook posts, forum posts, blog posts etc... (I think thats it) of stupid comments by stupid people that echo propaganda from DK like Melancoln's ERA and stating he sucks when Melancoln is actually a **** good pitcher with a ton of badl uck that propped an ERA but terrific peripherals. An Objective writwer would've mentioned that and Dejan didn't and Charlie called him for that exact point
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 16

Dejan is slowly spiraling downward. I don't even bother reading his stuff anymore. It seems like he just hates the FO and it's put blinders on him. Sad really.

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dejan used to be good. Anymore he is an arrogant writer who seems to think his opinion is top dawg and never wrong.....it looks bad on him, to the point he is now lumped with the other dead beat Smizik.....who oddly enough, has given props to the Bucs more so recently than trashing them.

Threads : 45
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How times have changed. There was a time that as a person not from the area, I'd go to the newspaper websites for Pirate coverage. Now I find going to the newspaper sites to be a waste of time. The blogs provide much better coverage and it comes from more knowledgeable fans.

Personally, I think you guys give Dejan way too much credit. Once he quit being a beat writer, he lost all value pertaining to the Pirates. He's obviously not a baseball fan and I doubt that he ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelKeg View Post
    Dejan used to be good. Anymore he is an arrogant writer who seems to think his opinion is top dawg and never wrong.....it looks bad on him, to the point he is now lumped with the other dead beat Smizik.....who oddly enough, has given props to the Bucs more so recently than trashing them.
    Good cop bad cop?

Perhaps the Trib bosses said to Dejan "you need to go steal all of Bob Smizik's hits at the Post-Gazette" and the result as been Dejan Kovacevic's Pittsburgh Pirates coverage post-Beat-writer

Quote Originally Posted by indybucfan View Post
    How times have changed. There was a time that as a person not from the area, I'd go to the newspaper websites for Pirate coverage. Now I find going to the newspaper sites to be a waste of time. The blogs provide much better coverage and it comes from more knowledgeable fans.

Personally, I think you guys give Dejan way too much credit. Once he quit being a beat writer, he lost all value pertaining to the Pirates. He's obviously not a baseball fan and I doubt that he ever was.
    The unfortunate thing is, the media writers are so influential because they reach so many more people that you end up having to deal with (I do as a Blog/site owner) on different Social Networks dealing with people that believe everything these media artists write. It's a pain in the ***. It was more honest at least when guys like The bullish Hitter and BFD and Nutting Hostage were crafting their own original (and very repetitive) opinions as a Trolls. The fact that guys like Smizik and now Dejan have jumped on their bandwagons and practically have stolen their material so that he can make his company a few more bucks... it's beyond dishonesty, it's "cheap".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information