Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cards given OK to interview Haley

Threads : 58

Default Cards given OK to interview Haley

The Steelers have granted permission to the Arizona Cardinals to interview Todd Haley for their head coaching job.

Haley, who completed his first season as the Steelers offensive coordinator, was Arizona's offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008 before he became head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs from 2009 through most of the 2011 season.

Arizona fired Ken Whisenhunt as head coach on Monday. Whisenhunt was the Steelers offensive coordinator when he landed that job in 2007 and hired Haley as his first offensive coordinator.

Haley, an Upper St. Clair native, is the son of Dick Haley, a former Steelers player and longtime personnel man.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2GvtKERrv

Threads : 181
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cards given OK to interview Haley

This could get real interesting. Thought Andy Reid was their man.

Threads : 2

Very interesting......I guess the FO wants another ring before Ben retires (By choice or injury). Does that mean we might see Norv in the near future?

Threads : 55

No...........we will get the runningback or backfield coach that suffered injuries in a fire last season. That is whom I heard was in line for the OC job prior to Haley.

With that being said and if tue, kiss this Steeler organization goodbye. I don't like where Tomlin has been leading this franchise and I don't see it getting any better.

Threads : 89
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This brings up a few thoughts, one of which is: Do the Organisation, by tacit implication, feel that the Haley "era" was just an experiment, moreover one that they would consider binning?

A certain former poster must be discovering he has moisture in some pretty personal places...
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 183

I'm trying to read between the lines here...... By allowing permission to ask Haley aren't The Steelers saying "please take him" in essence, or are they obliged to allow a team to approach a coordinator if it involves a HC job. Either way I hope they let him go it hasn't been a success at all.
    WATCH GAMES LIVE ON LINKS BELOW

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Threads : 58

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Goonatic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to read between the lines here...... By allowing permission to ask Haley aren't The Steelers saying "please take him" in essence, or are they obliged to allow a team to approach a coordinator if it involves a HC job. Either way I hope they let him go it hasn't been a success at all.
    From what I'm hearing, Reid has his eye on the Kansas City job.

Either way, I think the Steelers had to let him check out the Arizona job. If it were a lateral move (OC to OC job), I could understand them shutting the door on Arizona. To deny a man from a head coaching job wouldn't look great on the organization.

To be honest, I hope Haley gets the job and not because I lack faith in his play calling or the job he has done as our offensive coordinator in his first year, but because he doesn't stand a chance with that drama queen we have at QB.

Unless it's Bruce Arians, good luck keeping that massive diva satisfied and content.
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Jan-03-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Threads : 55

The Steelers are too good of people to deny a man the chance to be head coach. Pittsburgh said it best with not giving him a head coaching shot compared to moving out of town to take another OC gig.

Haley has only been with this team one season, dealt with an injured Ben, a revolving door of injured o-linemen, new starting receivers, a disgruntled wide receiver, injured wide receivers, rookies on the line, a qb that is not in your corner, media hype, tension before he even met Ben and the list goes on.
    Yes, Arians had some of these injury issues too but, he had several years of being apart of this team and to know his group of guys.
    I don't know if Haley is the answer or not but, one season and some of you are ready to throw him to the curb ? If you like that, you guys would love what they're doing in Oakland, Cleveland, Dallas and so on. You can see where that kind of management will get you as a team.

Threads : 183

Reports from Arizona media now suggest that Haley is the front runner for the HC job.
    WATCH GAMES LIVE ON LINKS BELOW

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Threads : 689

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Goonatic View Post
    Reports from Arizona media now suggest that Haley is the front runner for the HC job.
    I'm willing to bet he's going to get the job.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 365

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    The Steelers are too good of people to deny a man the chance to be head coach. Pittsburgh said it best with not giving him a head coaching shot compared to moving out of town to take another OC gig.

Haley has only been with this team one season, dealt with an injured Ben, a revolving door of injured o-linemen, new starting receivers, a disgruntled wide receiver, injured wide receivers, rookies on the line, a qb that is not in your corner, media hype, tension before he even met Ben and the list goes on.
    Yes, Arians had some of these injury issues too but, he had several years of being apart of this team and to know his group of guys.
    I don't know if Haley is the answer or not but, one season and some of you are ready to throw him to the curb ? If you like that, you guys would love what they're doing in Oakland, Cleveland, Dallas and so on. You can see where that kind of management will get you as a team.
    I hear what your saying and for the most part agree. My issue is more with Tomlin than Haley, but as far as the offense goes, I wasn't impressed with the WAY the O was run. Now maybe injuries and the revolving door had something to do with it because he was so limited, but I don't fault him when Wallace drops a ball. That's on the player, not the coach. However, when you have a 3rd and 1 in the opponent's territory and line up with no one behind the QBand then don't run a play that gains a yard, that's on the coach. This offense finished 22nd in pts/gm, 14th in yds/gm, 28th in rushing and 26th in turnovers. That's totally unacceptable. It's also why I also fault Tomlin. This team is digressing. The things necessary to get better aren't happening.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Giv'em sorry *** Haley..we'll take Whiz back as OC.

Threads : 689

I wouldn't be too disappointed if Haley leaves,but those expecting him to be replaced by a Turner,Whiz or Gailey are having a case of wishful thinking. More than likely,you'll see a Kirby Wilson or a Randy Fichtner as O.C.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 32
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OOHH YYAAA.???? Well, if you get your head outta your ***, you would see that Tabata cannot hit with the.....OHH....ummm....sorry......WRONG THREAD......

Ummm....CARRY ON,....my bros.....
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Signature by Viz...and in memory of him, Bill Shanaberger 1939-2010

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Awesome. Cardinals take him away! We will gladly trade you him for Whiz!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information