Thread: Da fat lady ain't sang yet......

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Da fat lady ain't sang yet......

1. I still believe we have a legit shot at the playoffs.

2. Would not be surprised if the Ravens made it also along with us. This might not be a bad thing either. They could take care of some dirty work for us, or at least soften some team up.

3. Thoughts on the loss:
    A. While players play and coaches coach...I hang this one more on coaches than players. They seemed to coach to..."not lose" as compared to "win".

B. While Dixon did very well IMO it seemed ridiculous to ask him to "win" the game with his "arm" ....as compared to his "legs". They did not use his greatest asset. He proved twice in the game...him running was an option.

C. We had our chances....got turn overs...got sacks....didn't give up a sack....with a rookie backup guard.

D. While MM is a good 3rd down back...it is because he does 2 things really well...pick up the blitz...and catch passes and gets yards after the catch. If you have any inclination of running the ball on ANY down, ANY situation...MM is not the person to be handing off to.

E. While I don't question the benching of Ben...I do question the process....Dixon deserved more prep time....it may have created the oppurtunity to game plan for him....granted if it was a decision to bench your starter and play your backup...your regular #2 guy who has experience the decision would not have been so dramatic; however we are talking about going to your inexperienced 3rd stringer. I guess Tomlin learned a valuable lesson ...or atleast I hope so.

F. Nothing against FWP, but you don't spell the young buck...unless he is winded and needs a blow. They are doing **** in reverse IMO. If FWP was the starter and got most of the runs, sure you spell him with Mendy. Mendy don't need to be spelled, he needs all the carries you can give him, he has to learn to be a work horse. Giving FWP every 3rd series for...just because....don't make sense. Sorry FWP..if it's an ego thing....but we aren't going to get any comp pick year after next for you.

G. Everyone in the league knows...and even myself said it here before the game was played....to cover Rice. His YAC beat us.

Threads : 22

Default Re: Da fat lady ain't sang yet......

<< 3. Thoughts on the loss:
    A. While players play and coaches coach...I hang this one more on coaches than players. They seemed to coach to..."not lose" as compared to "win".

>>

$$$

I told a friend of mine during the game and that it looked like the Steelers were playing the game to avoid getting blown out !!!

Running out the clock in the 2nd half, trailing by 7, with the Ravs getting the ball to start the 3rd??? WTF !!!!???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information