Thread: Greetings, PSF!

Threads : 19
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Greetings, PSF!

I just recently signed up as a member of PSF, but I've been lurking around these forums for a while now as a guest. Since I made up my mind that you all look like a great bunch of people (not to mention knowing your stuff!), I figured I would start jumping in here and there!

I was born and raised here in Pittsburgh (Penn Hills, to be exact), and I work as a chef. Obviously I love sports, or I wouldn't be on here! I played football and basketball all through grade school and high school (Central Catholic alum!), and I also played tournament paintball for a good number of years. I did some gradeschool and AAU basketball coaching as well. I also golf...badly!

I follow and watch pretty much everything, although to be honest I've never been much of a baseball fan. That doesn't stop me from keeping tabs on the Bucs, though! When I can't watch any of the live hometown games, I've been checking out the gameday threads you guys put up, but like I said I've never really been compelled to post. If I (God-forbid) miss a game, I've found those threads to be a great way to catch up on what happened, as well as a TON of entertainment and funny comments here and there - makes me feel like I'm hanging at the local bar with my buddies...and I don't even know any of you yet!!

I'm a Steelers season ticket holder, so you won't see me much on those threads during home games (Heinz Field can be a dead-zone for cell reception, and I don't wanna be "that guy" who is on his phone the entire game!) I'm looking forward to chatting it up, debating, sharing my insights and above all cheering our Pittsburgh sports teams on with all of you!

Threads : 123
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Greetings, PSF!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just recently signed up as a member of PSF, but I've been lurking around these forums for a while now as a guest. Since I made up my mind that you all look like a great bunch of people (not to mention knowing your stuff!), I figured I would start jumping in here and there!

I was born and raised here in Pittsburgh (Penn Hills, to be exact), and I work as a chef. Obviously I love sports, or I wouldn't be on here! I played football and basketball all through grade school and high school (Central Catholic alum!), and I also played tournament paintball for a good number of years. I did some gradeschool and AAU basketball coaching as well. I also golf...badly!

I follow and watch pretty much everything, although to be honest I've never been much of a baseball fan. That doesn't stop me from keeping tabs on the Bucs, though! When I can't watch any of the live hometown games, I've been checking out the gameday threads you guys put up, but like I said I've never really been compelled to post. If I (God-forbid) miss a game, I've found those threads to be a great way to catch up on what happened, as well as a TON of entertainment and funny comments here and there - makes me feel like I'm hanging at the local bar with my buddies...and I don't even know any of you yet!!

I'm a Steelers season ticket holder, so you won't see me much on those threads during home games (Heinz Field can be a dead-zone for cell reception, and I don't wanna be "that guy" who is on his phone the entire game!) I'm looking forward to chatting it up, debating, sharing my insights and above all cheering our Pittsburgh sports teams on with all of you!
    ;Cheers;
    Welcome!
    I live in Penn Hill (Verona side) and I'm a former Chef myself.
    Nice to meet you.
    GeoBear do you Geocache?

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Greetings, PSF!

Welcome aboard,GeoBear!!

This place was formed with the idea of it being a place that you go where you feel like you're at the bar with your friends! Feel free to post openly and often!! 🍻

Threads : 433

Default Re: Greetings, PSF!

Welcome! My father and his side of the family grew up in Penn Hills. Know the Clegg name?

Threads : 150

Default Greetings, PSF!

:
    Welcome!

But don't be fooled, nobody here really knows jack squat about anything, me included!

Cheers!

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome GeoBear, Hope you enjoy the place. There's alot of great people here so jump in and join the frey.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 19

Default Greetings, PSF!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

@IPF - I know the name Clegg, but I don't think I know anyone from the family personally. Penn Hills is a pretty big suburb!

@Jimmie - Always great to meet a fellow kitchen vet!! I've never Geocached before...but when I was younger I used to play CB tag with my friends late at night in Monroeville. Does that count?
    "Black holes are where God divided by zero." - Steven Wright

Default Greetings, PSF!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Pittsburgh Fan View Post
    Welcome! My father and his side of the family grew up in Penn Hills. Know the Clegg name?
    I know Pat Clegg. Used to work with her at Seneca Manor

Default Greetings, PSF!

@Jimmie - Always great to meet a fellow kitchen vet!! I've never Geocached before...but when I was younger I used to play CB tag with my friends late at night in Monroeville. Does that count?
    Everything counts!

Threads : 433

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I know Pat Clegg. Used to work with her at Seneca Manor
    NO ****? That's my Grandma!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information