Thread: Bengals STILL not selling out games...

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bengals STILL not selling out games...

TV blackout looms for Lions game
    Bengals notebook
    By Joe Reedy
    jreedy@enquirer.com

CINCINNATI - Welcome to another down-to-the-wire-week to see if the Bengals can sell out a home game.

On Monday, the team announced that more than 6,000 seats remain for Sunday’s contest against Detroit. The Bengals have sold out their first six regular-season games but three have needed 24-hour extensions to lift a local television blackout.

If the game is not sold out by 1 p.m. Thursday (or 1 p.m. Friday), it will be blacked out within a 75-mile radius, which includes the Bengals primary markets of Cincinnati, Dayton and Lexington. The team has a 50-game regular-season and postseason sellout streak.

“It’s a long, uphill road. We’re hopeful but we still have a long way to go,” said Bengals ticket manager Andrew Brown. “We’re about the same spot as the Houston game. Heading into that game we beat Baltimore on the road. Early this morning, we haven’t seen that same response but we’re still hopeful.”

Through 12 weeks, 14 of the league’s 176 games have been blacked out (eight percent). That percentage will increase in the last five weeks as Cleveland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Oakland and Detroit all face blackouts in the final month.

San Diego, which is battling with the Bengals for the second seed in the AFC, has also had problems selling tickets. They received a second extension last week in order to sell enough tickets to lift the blackout against Kansas City.

“I was surprised by that. I didn’t realize it was a possibility,” said Brown about the possibility of a second extension. “I think the NFL is trying to help us out as much as they can and at lengths they haven’t gone to before. It gives us a little more hope.”
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bengals STILL not selling out games...

At some point shouldn't the NFL stop giving them extensions? I know they wanna make money but ****. And to have to listen to the guys on WEBN say the bengals have sold out 55 or whatever home games like they've never had a problem doing it gets on my nerves so bad! I think the only game that was sold out without any extension was the Steelers game. I just wish they would stop acting like the bengals never even worry if its gonna be a blackout! GRRR! I HATE THE BUNGLES!!!!

(sorry bout the rant)

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A first place team.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Agreed about the extentions.... But they just got another a few hours ago... As of 3pm on Thursday they still had 3,500 tix available.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe the Bengals should consider doing what the Pirates did at Three rivers Stadium in the 1990's. throw up a black tarp on some upper level seats and reduce the capacity to something more feasible for them to easily sell out like 30,000 max

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the Bengals should consider doing what the Pirates did at Three rivers Stadium in the 1990's. throw up a black tarp on some upper level seats and reduce the capacity to something more feasible for them to easily sell out like 30,000 max
    Or they could offer an All You Can Eat section.

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or they could offer an [HIGH-LIGHT]All You Can Eat section[/HIGH-LIGHT].
    Didn't help the LieDowns. They pushed those "All you can eat seats" for months.

I live in BLACKOUT CITY.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information