Thread: Cleveland Browns: Derek Anderson Wednesday press conference

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Cleveland Browns: Derek Anderson Wednesday press conference

Cleveland Browns: Derek Anderson Wednesday press conference
    By Starting Blocks
    October 14, 2009, 5:57PM

Tracy Boulian/Plain Dealer
    Derek Anderson will start his third straight game on Sunday at PittsburghTranscript of quarterback Derek Anderson's press conference, Oct. 14, 2009

(On if he threw the ball better than the numbers indicate)- "Like I said after the game, I felt like most of the time the ball was going to the right spot. The reads were good. I had a couple of mental errors but other than that I thought the ball was going to the right place. I saw the defense as I prepared and did the right things."

(On how he keeps from getting upset)- "I was talking to Dabs (Brian Daboll) yesterday about it and he was like, 'I thought you did a good job and just kept going.' I think he got a little bit more frustrated than I did. I understand, this happened before, it's not like it's the end of the world. I continue to be confident in those guys and make sure they know I trust them. The ball is going to keep coming. It's not the end of the world. We have thrown and caught it well. Both of those guys have caught the ball really well. We are going to keep working on it this week."

(On if drops are contagious)- "I am not really, honestly, too bent out of shape about it. We won the game. We played awesome on two phases of the spectrum, defense and special teams. We have to hold our end of the bargain up. We ran the ball well and the offensive line played good. The rest of it will take care of itself."

(On if the Steelers have the Browns' number)- "The games that I have played in, we just haven't finished. We have played pretty well and we just haven't finished the ball game. I don't want to get too involved in the story about us not beating them 11 times in a row or anything like that. It's a new season. It's a new year. We are different players then they have had in the past. We are a different team."

(On if last week was as patient as he has been as a quarterback)- "I was happy with it. In a game like that we are just trying to not make mistakes, not give them opportunities. Our defense was playing good, run the ball, be smart with the ball. Obviously, the interception wasn't a very good decision, but for the most part [as far as] keeping the ball safe I did a pretty good job of that."

(On if the ball moved on him on the interception)- "I probably shouldn't have thrown it there to begin with but it did."

(On Brady Quinn putting his house up for sale)- "I don't know what his plans were or why he did it. You will have to ask him about that. It's not really any of my business to speak for him. I know he has been working, preparing and has had good weeks of practice."

(On if he has a memorable moment against Pittsburgh)- "Not really. I think the excitement of the game, the rivalry. Kellen (Winslow) and Joey Porter going at it. Him stiff arming Joey and all of that. The emotion that is in the game. I think both teams understand the rivalry. Obviously, I have a sour taste in my mouth from the time when we had them down, up there a couple years ago. I will never forget that. That emotion that the game has."

(On Troy Polamalu being all over the field)- "He is and he just plays. He trusts his instincts. He reads routes. He tries to read your eyes. [He's] a great football player. I've been playing against him since I was in high school so I know the magnitude and affect that he can have on a game."

(On what specifically they need to do offensively to be successful)- "Be smart. Obviously, throwing and catching, being in the right spots, run the ball, be smart with the ball, can't turn the ball over. Our defense has been playing well and we're expecting to do the same."

(On if you prepare different for this game)- "I don't think you overanalyze or get super hyped up about it. You do get excited about the game but it is a game. We have to prepare the same we would for any other opponent. I think that's what people have said as far as, 'It's another game.' I don't think they mean it like it's just another game. I think you still have to prepare and get yourself ready the same as you would every other week."

(On if the players understand the importance of the Steelers game)- "Most guys, maybe not the rookies, but guys that have been here a while understand the magnitude of this game and what it means to the city."

(On if he has given Quinn advice about how to deal with being a backup)- "We haven't sat down and talked about it. I support him. He supports me. Our relationship doesn't change."

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

DA's stats from the Bills game:

2/17
    23 yards
    0 TD's
    1 INT
    QB rating = 15.1

And they didn't pull him.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DA's stats from the Bills game:

2/17
    23 yards
    0 TD's
    1 INT
    QB rating = 15.1

And they didn't pull him.

2 things:

1. his QB rating for the season...39.0
    2. why is Brady selling his house??????

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 things:

1. his QB rating for the season...39.0
    2. why is Brady selling his house??????
    I spend some time popping around stains forums. BQ selling his house is a big discussion over there, but mangina has come out and said they're not dealing him.

Between the two QB's, queen has the most upside.

eh, they're ****ed either way.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They have come a long way, the wrong way, since the days of Brian Sipe and the "Kardiac Kids". I remember the game that led to Lambert's "you may as well put the QB's in a skirt" quote. Twice he got called for roughing the passer, once for hitting Sipe just as he released the ball.
    The second, when Lambert decked him at the sideline. I can't ever remember Jack being that ****ed.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information