Thread: A war Pronger - Richards?

Threads : 210

Default A war Pronger - Richards?

its not about the Penguins , i am sorry but i dont know where to post it but its so good, i mean funny A war Pronger - Richards?
    Published Sunday, December 6, 2009 to 16 h 03 - by Vincent Destouches
    (Corus Sports) - A disappointing hockey, a coach fired and now a war in the locker room? According to rumors and to listen to past statements, Chris Pronger and Mike Richards are not the best of friends ... At that point Pronger regret having signed with the Flyers.

Listen to audio reviews of Michel Bergeron

In Philadelphia, nothing goes.

Head coach John Stevens was fired this week, and the arrival of Peter Laviolette did not seem to have caused the shock expected: the Flyers were washed 8 to 2 by the Washington Capitals on Saturday night, despite the absence of Alex Ovechkin.

On the ice, things are not very promising. But now we learn that in the locker room, the relationship would not set fair between players, including Mike Richards and Chris Pronger.

Michel Bergeron got wind of some information that seems to sum up the situation. "Pronger has told friends that if they could start over, he would never sign with Philadelphia"

Pronger, a true competitor, does not tolerate disappointing results for the Flyers (13-12-1). But it also seems hard to digest that young Carter and Richards have taken control. "Usually they are the veterans who bring age into a hockey team, but in Philadelphia it is young people who have taken control. Perhaps these young people got along with Stevens, and now, Laviolette arrives with his ideas and maybe he will be the next Pronger than Richards. It can make bouillabaisse, "said Bergeron.

It is true that Mike Richards has appeared affected by the departure of Stevens. "There are a lot of disappointment on my side, Richards said the Courier-Post on Friday. I grew up with Johnny and he made me the player I am today. It gave me confidence to be an offensive player and I won a championship (AHL) with him. It has been important in my career. "

We know now that Richards, 24, had discussed with the manager Paul Holmgren to say he does not want Stevens to be dismissed before the decision is formalized.

Pronger appeared to take it with more detachment. "I do not think we played close to what we can do, and this time the coach is one who is held responsible. To say I'm surprised is not true, because I'm in the middle long enough to know when someone is at the slaughterhouse, and this was the case of John, "he told the Courier-Post.

Pronger on a tightrope

Already Tuesday, Pronger, 35, had apparently sent a message hidden in it when Mike Richards told CSNPhilly.com that Richards had not asked for help to carry the team. "[Richards] has not come to ask me anything, and it is delicate because it is his team. He is the captain. It must show the rest of the players is his team. I do not want to be the guy who will get up every day (for him) that we must look in the mirror, playing better and everything else. "

Pronger then confessed that he is walking a tightrope in the locker room right now.

Michel Bergeron is convinced that as Pronger will not receive the credit he deserves in the locker room, things will not be arranged for the Flyers. "In hockey, they say all the time that the rookie or younger must wait its turn. Pronger has lived like this, him. In his years in St. Louis, Anaheim, Edmonton, he has always been respected as a veteran. And there apparently is not respected as such in Philadelphia. He has signed a long term contract, and they said its arrival with the Flyers could reach the final or be one of the best teams in the East. But it seems not. "

It is true that Pronger's hard not to reveal some critical age of his teammates, including his captain. "Sometimes it's just, sometimes it is not (to have so many expectations on his shoulders), and it's hard to manage all that, especially at his age where we still trying to discover who we is. At 24, some young people graduating from university, business school and others do not even work. "

Richards will follow his instinct

Pronger when MÍne required to show that he thought Richards should be captain because his knowledge of the club is better than hers. "He has been there for 4 years and has seen things change since the team was bad and now it is quite good and there are now even greater expectations. I think he has a better read on some guys than me. "

Holmgren and Richards had a discussion recently, and the managing director had told the captain that he could rely on Pronger in the locker room, while telling him to follow his instincts.

The sequence of events looks so interesting. Does Richards will try to defend their territory and initiate a war of statements with Pronger? Or will he be willing to let a little of its grip on the team?

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: A war Pronger - Richards?

that ****ing team is IMPLODING!

I love every last ounce of it. couldn't happen to a classier organization and the best part is that it is coming from their younger "hopefuls" like Richards and Carter. That is some long term imploding about to occur.

Pronger is a dick... but part of me feels bad for him.

Threads : 210

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I love every last ounce of it. couldn't happen to a classier organization and the best part is that it is coming from their younger "hopefuls" like Richards and Carter. That is some long term imploding about to occur.

richards is a ******* and thats all the cryers deserve

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Genofan#1 View Post
    richards is a ******* and thats all the cryers deserve
    Definitely. He fits like a glove in the orange and black

Oh...btw... Geno, for future reference... since you werent sure on where to put this, we have an NHL Room for stuff that's NHL related but not Pens related.

http://www.pittsburghsportstavern.co...splay.php?f=19

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exxxxxcellent.

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't say that's a sentiment I share.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And I couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information