Thread: Rumors in the NHL according to ESPN:

Threads : 210

Default Rumors in the NHL according to ESPN:

Here are the rumors in the NHL according to ESPN:

- Vincent Lecavalier would not be happy with Tampa Bay. With only 6 goals in 28 games and a difficult relationship with his head coach, Rick Tocchet, Lecavalier would be afraid of not being selected by the Canadian team for the Olympics. The star player is master of its destiny pusique his contract contains a non-exchange. The Lightning, which has enormous financial difficulties, would be in favor of Vinny's departure and his lucrative salary.

- Alexander Semin (free agent next July) refused a contract offer from the Washington Capitals. Since the Director General George McPhee would be no discussion with the player's clan.

- Nicklas Backstrom, also a restricted free agent next summer, however, is on track to sign a new agreement with the team. "Negotiations are going well," assured the Swedes.

- The Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar (unrestricted free agent) and Kristopher Letang (free agent) should sign with the Penguins before this summer. Both said they absolutely wanted to stay in Pittsburgh.

- Despite the difficulties of Philadelphia Flyers general manager of the team, Paul Holmgren was pleased with the performance of his goaltender Ray Emery. The former bad boy of the NHL shows exemplary behavior both on the ice and outside by Holmgren. With a contract for one season at an annual salary of $ 1.5 million, Emery would be negotiating with the team to extend his contract.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rumors in the NHL according to ESPN:

Holding on to Gonchar and Letang would be good. I think they can see the possibility of Cup runs in the offing and, ultimately, they have the love of the crowd.

I've noticed that Pittsburgh fans (of all sports) really do take their players to heart.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holding on to Gonchar and Letang would be good. I think they can see the possibility of Cup runs in the offing and, ultimately, they have the love of the crowd.

I've noticed that Pittsburgh fans (of all sports) really do take their players to heart.
    Yes,holding onto Gonch would be great.................I sure wouldn't break the bank to do it though.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes,holding onto Gonch would be great.................I sure wouldn't break the bank to do it though.
    Exorbitant expenditure isn't something I connect with Pittsburghers. There's an ethos that involves getting maximum value for money in the area. Moreso on the North side of the area - I've seen people out here be vary careful that way. Heck, there's a store that sells stuff for a local hospice and they've had to put a sign up that says "No haggling". Seriously!

Thus, I don't equate major expenditure with Pittsburghers unless they know they're getting a good deal from it.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information