Thread: looking at the positives...

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default looking at the positives...

Considering how this year has gone, the Steelers still have the talent to bounce back to be an elite NFL team next year.
    WHAT'S GOOD:
    QB-Ben Roethlisberger is becoming a top 5 QB. Give him a good OC who can reign him in just enough and provide better gameplans and he becomes even better.
    WIDE RECEIVERS-Hines,Holmes and Wallace are one of the top threesomes in the NFL. If Sweed can get it going this group will be down right dangerous.
    OFFENSIVE LINE-They have played pretty well this year. The pass protection and run blocking are miles ahead of last year. They are pretty young yet, but could use some depth.
    RUNNING BACKS-Mendenhall has been solid in what is essentially his rookie year. He is protecting the ball much better than earlier in the season. He is developing into a franchise back.
    LINEBACKERS-This group is still solid even though Timmons is getting used to playing inside. Farrior is starting to show his age, although he has one more good year in him. I wouldn't mind seeing Wood moved inside and Timmons moved outside just to see how that would go. Deebo is still Deebo. Depth is needed here.
    DEFENSIVE LINE-Even though Aaron Smith is older and starting to break down a bit, I can't wait to get him back. He stops the run and forces plays to be ran away from his side. Keisel is still solid and dependable. I like Ziggy and think he will make solid strides in his second year, along with Sunny Harris.
    SECONDARY-Troy sets the tone and covers up some of the weaknesses very well. I think Ike will bounce back. Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett can hopefully provide answers along with Mundy. Depth is needed.
    The cupboards definitely aren't bare, but with a couple of new cooks in the kitchen, we can get back on the right track
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: looking at the positives...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering how this year has gone, the Steelers still have the talent to bounce back to be an elite NFL team next year.
    WHAT'S GOOD:
    QB-Ben Roethlisberger is becoming a top 5 QB. Give him a good OC who can reign him in just enough and provide better gameplans and he becomes even better.
    WIDE RECEIVERS-Hines,Holmes and Wallace are one of the top threesomes in the NFL. If Sweed can get it going this group will be down right dangerous.
    OFFENSIVE LINE-They have played pretty well this year. The pass protection and run blocking are miles ahead of last year. They are pretty young yet, but could use some depth.
    RUNNING BACKS-Mendenhall has been solid in what is essentially his rookie year. He is protecting the ball much better than earlier in the season. He is developing into a franchise back.
    LINEBACKERS-This group is still solid even though Timmons is getting used to playing inside. Farrior is starting to show his age, although he has one more good year in him. I wouldn't mind seeing Wood moved inside and Timmons moved outside just to see how that would go. Deebo is still Deebo. Depth is needed here.
    DEFENSIVE LINE-Even though Aaron Smith is older and starting to break down a bit, I can't wait to get him back. He stops the run and forces plays to be ran away from his side. Keisel is still solid and dependable. I like Ziggy and think he will make solid strides in his second year, along with Sunny Harris.
    SECONDARY-Troy sets the tone and covers up some of the weaknesses very well. I think Ike will bounce back. Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett can hopefully provide answers along with Mundy. Depth is needed.
    The cupboards definitely aren't bare, but with a couple of new cooks in the kitchen, we can get back on the right track
    Their needs on defence have become quite evident - but with their emphasis on taking the best player available who knows what will happen.

A DL and safety better be in the top three picks, imo.

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WHAT'S GOOD:
    LINEBACKERS-This group is still solid even though Timmons is getting used to playing inside. Farrior is starting to show his age, although he has one more good year in him. [HIGH-LIGHT]I wouldn't mind seeing Wood moved inside and Timmons moved outside just to see how that would go.[/HIGH-LIGHT] Deebo is still Deebo. Depth is needed here.
    This is something I've pondered as well. My only concern is that Woodley has been average at best in coverage. Playing inside in the 3-4 will require more ability to run with/cover tightends and RB's (out of the backfield), not to mention covering the middle-to-outside hookzones on speedy slot WR's. Timmons' speed is a better fit for these situations...however, his ability to utilize his speed and strength could be a nice change of pace on the outside! He rushes the QB VERY WELL!

If certain theories hold up, perhaps we can bulk Woodley up (which shouldnt be too tough) to play DE, opposite Ziggy, in a 4-3.

Threads : 30

No more MADDEN covers!!!!

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bulking Woodley(weighs only 8 lbs less than Freeney) up is a very interesting idea. He as well as Timmons are athletic enough that Lebeau could move them around to keep offenses guessing and off balance.
    I agree with Crosby that the D-Line and a DB(an aggressive ballhawk) has to be a priority this draft, because we have to get younger and more talented on that side of the ball. I am pretty sure that if Wood bulks up another 8 lbs, he won't lose any quickness and will still be lighter than Kirkland.
    We are just so used to seeing our defense be the best and be the trendsetters behind LeBeau's schemes, that it's even harder to wittness how far they have fallen, for that reason. Maybe LeBeau can cook up something quick and special to get us through the last 4 games. Something simple, yet effective and aggressive.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information