Poll: Is Tomlin the right guy for the job?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tomlin the right guy for the HC job (part 2)

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Is Tomlin the right guy for the HC job (part 2)

... in light of recent events.

This is not a scientific poll.

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is Tomlin the right guy for the HC job (part 2)

Not at this point. Tomlin did well for a while riding the success of a Cowher built veteran team. He did well with number 56 and has treaded water with Hartwig. He probably did better than Cowher would have because, Cowher makes no change at all in my opinion if he likes the player or doesn't want to take chances on young guys.

I think the Steelers did well because of Ben and the defense in 2008. Lebeua and his players were a shut down defense for the most part and with Ben being a better QB on the run, the lack of an offensive line didn't hurt his production. We are lucky that Ben can handle all the sacks.

I can understand Tomlin retaining Arians after winning a Super Bowl but now, he owes Arians nothing and should let him go along with the specials team coach. We won despite Arians and the guy can never out think his defensive counter part.

If Tomlin doesn't make the obvious coaching changes this off season, he is not the right guy for the job. I just hope his choices in assistant coaches are better than his choice at center.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... in light of recent events.

This is not a scientific poll.

I think everyone knows where I stand on this hire......

Threads : 10

Are we going to do this after all three of the next loses, or would that make it a little to scientific?

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe that he is the right man for the job. He is level headed and he doesn't panic. The problems his team has is a three prong whopper. Injuries have hurt the defense and Lebeau hasn't done his usual job of adapting the scheme to personnel available. Arians has done a deplorable job of play calling, especially in the red zone. He has mastered the art of turning 7 points into 3.
    The Special Teams has just plain sucked all year and Boob Ligashesky is the main reason why. He isn't teaching disciplined cover schemes, because you never see the guys keeping to their lanes, or a return without at least 3 badly missed tackles. We never kick away from anyone and the kicks are painfully short line drives. Shouldn't liggy be addressing these issues? He's gotta go.
    Imo, two of the players that have quit are Ike Taylor and Ryan Clark. These guy's heads are so far up their asses, they can see their own tonsil's. God forbid either one turn and look for, or catch a ball. There is no good reason for either one to play anymore for this team. Hampton should be the third one out the door as well, Ra'shon Harris should be finishing out the year at NT.
    I believe Tomlin will address things quickly and swiftly at seasons end. I believe his actions will surprise many on this board and that as of now, he pretty much has made his decisions.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fire the ENTIRE coaching staff, every one of em. Fire the guy who cleans the locker room too. This cluster**** of an implosion after a 6-2 start is unexcusable. Then give the guy who shoulda been coach in the first place a call, to Arizona and ask for Ken.

Threads : 48

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    Fire the ENTIRE coaching staff, every one of em. Fire the guy who cleans the locker room too. This cluster**** of an implosion after a 6-2 start is unexcusable. Then give the guy who shoulda been coach in the first place a call, to Arizona and ask for Ken.

If you think its bad now,imagine what it would have been like to have Ben and Whiz on the same team.They didn't like each other people.Why do you think Whiz bailed so early when the FO was on their HC search??

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post

If you think its bad now,imagine what it would have been like to have Ben and Whiz on the same team.They didn't like each other people.Why do you think Whiz bailed so early when the FO was on their HC search??
    Honestly, I believe Whiz thought he was a shoe in for the head coaching job and rightfully so. I don't think he really cared about his relationship with Ben. Then comes the Rooney Rule. Whiz waited out the process knowing the Rooneys had to interview a minorirty. Tomlin gets the interview and Whiz still didn't hear anything about the job so he started looking long and hard at other opportunties. He interviewed with Arizona to force the Rooney's hand and when the Rooney's still hadn't offered the job to him or Tomlin he took the job that was guaranteed and that was the Cardinals. I really believe the Steelers job was where he wanted to be it's sad the Rooney's thought otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Honestly, I believe Whiz thought he was a shoe in for the head coaching job and rightfully so. I don't think he really cared about his relationship with Ben. Then comes the Rooney Rule. Whiz waited out the process knowing the Rooneys had to interview a minorirty. Tomlin gets the interview and Whiz still didn't hear anything about the job so he started looking long and hard at other opportunties. He interviewed with Arizona to force the Rooney's hand and when the Rooney's still hadn't offered the job to him or Tomlin he took the job that was guaranteed and that was the Cardinals. I really believe the Steelers job was where he wanted to be it's sad the Rooney's thought otherwise.
    My point was that it would have been a giant cluster**** if he was named coach when he and Ben had such disdain for one another.When have a QB and HC that didn't get along ever work out??

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    My point was that it would have been a giant cluster**** if he was named coach when he and Ben had such disdain for one another.When have a QB and HC that didn't get along ever work out??
    That is true but do you think ben just likes ba. because he lets him pass all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post
    That is true but do you think ben just likes ba. because he lets him pass all the time?
    Ben likes Arianas because he gameplans with him.Apparently that hasn't worked.

Threads : 1632

Ben could use some direction once in awhile. If his private life is any indication, Ben is prone to some stupid and wreckless decisions. On the field it's seen in taking too many sacks for big losses when he could just throw the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    Ben could use some direction once in awhile. If his private life is any indication, Ben is prone to some stupid and wreckless decisions. On the field it's seen in taking too many sacks for big losses when he could just throw the ball away.
    WY,I agree 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post

I barfed in my mouth last Thursday when Ben was quoting as saying him and Bruce think alike. He also went on the say that sometimes he is thinking about the same play that Bruce calls in.

Ben have you ever heard of guilty by association?

Ben if you hang with dumbasses people will consider you a dumbass. Run far, far away from Arians and don't look back.

Threads : 10

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Whiz took the Arizona job before the Steelers even started interviewing.

Grimm hung around for an interview.

Tomlin was hired within a day of his interview, the last one given and it had nothing to do with the Rooney Rule as they had already interviewed the DC of Chicago at the time, Rivera who fulfilled their commitment to the rule since he is a member of a minority.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information