Thread: some analysis from nfl dot com

Threads : 182

Default some analysis from nfl dot com

I thought you all would enjoy listening to this analysis.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...lers-struggles

I thought it was a pretty fair assessment. They make some good points about how the players don't really respond to Ben as we would have all hoped which is not surprising to me. Last year he turned the season around when he went off at the halftime of the 1st Ravens game and the team responded. I hope he has something left in the take tomorrow.

I do think the steelers D seems tired. How many times has the O taken about 2-4 plays to go down the field and score a TD quite quickly. I think twice in the OAK game and D hardly gets a rest.

I say we get a new offensive system and get rid of Ben scrambling around and having everyone go out and break their patterns and get open that doesn't cut it in the NFL this year.

Threads : 10

Default Re: some analysis from nfl dot com

Good video.

The only thing from it that I really buy into is that the team does not have a defined leader.

It hasn't since the loss of Bettis and the departure of Porter.

It hasn't...

We all know it.

Threads : 182

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good video.

The only thing from it that I really buy into is that the team does not have a defined leader.

It hasn't...

We all know it.
    Ben did play leader a bit last year but this year he has turned the ball over too much in the red zone to claim that title. I wonder what would happen if Ben and Hines were benched -- doubt it happens but I wouldn't mine seeing it cause I think the team plays better as a team when there are actual plays being run. I think and I hesitate to say this but I think Ben is a problem on the team

I see no reason for Hines to be benched.

I can see making Wallace and Smokey the number 1 and number 2 guy next season, but Hines has done nothing to be benched.

Ben...

Well, I can't really see a reason for benching him either, but I will say this...

He is not a leader.

He tries, but it comes off as superficial, scripted and down right plagarized at times.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    Good video.

It hasn't...

We all know it.
    I don't think you watched the full video. Not a comment on how one of them said that the offense has no flow and is frustrated and that the steelers are going to look at offensive coach changes this offseason despite a love for continuity?

You let me down BJG

It's beating a dead horse at this point.

Really.

Everyone knows arians sucks.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    Ben did play leader a bit last year but this year he has turned the ball over too much in the red zone to claim that title. I wonder what would happen if Ben and Hines were benched -- doubt it happens but I wouldn't mine seeing it cause I think the team plays better as a team when there are actual plays being run. I think and I hesitate to say this but I think Ben is a problem on the team
    It wouldn't surprise me if there's some resentment towards Ben in the locker room. His being coddled by the organization, the closeness with Bruce Arians... they're all things that can cause friction, especially since his closeness to Arians and being coddled is potentially holding this offense back just so Ben doesn't have to get yelled at and can be a smiling $100 million player.... it's time to take those things away from Ben that the others don't have.

I agree with whoever said that this team lacks a leader... ti does lack a leader but I disagree that Tomlin was that leader that's missing this season. There wasn't a leader last season either. What "lead" this team was that they were mentally aware of a difficult schedule. It was shoved down their throats before the season started and during the season of the tough challenges they faced. They knew it each week. It was a mentally focused team that didn't need a leader because they got mentally prepared by tough challenges they prepared for.

this season... that mental focus all but disappeared and without a leader in the locker room like a Jerome Bettis was in 2005 or a Greg Lloyd or whoever it was, was in 1995. At this point... this team needs to get mentally focused for the challenge but there appears to be too much "quit" from the interviews with the players for this season.

I've seen some of Ben's leadership pep talks.

He has borrowed lines from Keana Reeves in The Replacements and Band of Brothers.

I don't know, but I'm betting that his team mates have seen both and that just doesn't cut it, ya know?

Same with Tomlin and his Gladiator approach.

Men follow other men who inspire them.

Wimps follow men who con them.

Just sayin....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information