Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a Christmas Miracle!!

Threads : 49

Default It's a Christmas Miracle!!

That's all I can say. Denver lost to Oakland. Ben completes a last second TD pass that rivals the Holmes grab in the SB (except that it's just a regular season game) If the Steelers win the next two, the #6 seed is in all likelihood, Pittsburgh's. What a crazy day of football. Wow.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: It's a Christmas Miracle!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's all I can say. Denver lost to Oakland. Ben completes a last second TD pass that rivals the Holmes grab in the SB (except that it's just a regular season game) If the Steelers win the next two, the #6 seed is in all likelihood, Pittsburgh's. What a crazy day of football. Wow.
    We won in spite of the coaching staff.

This isn't a playoff team. The defense is ****ing pathetic.

Threads : 691

God bless us everyone!!
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe you mean holiday miracle.

Hidden Content

William Gay couldn't cover his grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post

Agreed, but I'll take the playoffs regardless of whether the Steelers deserve it or not.

Arians had a pretty good game (for Arians). Packers run a 3-4 so I thought the Steelers would be able to put up points.

Pretty much the whole defensive side of the coaching staff needs to go. Maybe keep Mitchell and Lebeau won't get fired but it's been bad on that side of the ball to say the least.

Why Farrior continues to get the amount of playing time that he does is simply amazing, and I'm a big Farrior fan. It's obvious he shouldn't be covering players in the open field, he's getting slaughtered out there. Lebeau is a legend, but he's done a pretty bad job this year.

Threads : 691

Agreed, but I'll take the playoffs regardless of whether the Steelers deserve it or not.

Arians had a pretty good game (for Arians). Packers run a 3-4 so I thought the Steelers would be able to put up points.

Pretty much the whole defensive side of the coaching staff needs to go. Maybe keep Mitchell and Lebeau won't get fired but it's been bad on that side of the ball to say the least.

Why Farrior continues to get the amount of playing time that he does is simply amazing, and I'm a big Farrior fan. It's obvious he shouldn't be covering players in the open field, he's getting slaughtered out there. [HIGH-LIGHT]Lebeau is a legend, but he's done a pretty bad job this year.
    [/HIGH-LIGHT]

I put it more on the players,or to be more specific,this "D" lacks playmakers in the secondary,and they need more youth on the line.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Why Farrior continues to get the amount of playing time that he does is simply amazing, and I'm a big Farrior fan. It's obvious he shouldn't be covering players in the open field, he's getting slaughtered out there. Lebeau is a legend, but he's done a pretty bad job this year.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong. I hope the stars align and we get that 6th seed, no doubt.

It's just hard for me to look at this game and think we've made progress over the last couple months. It's not there. Tomlin is a ****ty decision maker, the game is too much for him. He's not HC material, I just don't think he has the personality to make the kind of changes, to take charge and fix what's broken.

The offense looks pretty good, they're the only reason we won this game and most of the others that we've won. I'm not sure Arians is the reason, maybe he is. Defense? Losing 3 players - BMac, Troy and Smith showed us how vulnerable this D really is. I don't think it's a scheme thing, it's a talent thing. Big Snack is ready for retirement IMO also.

Our O-line has played well earlier on, but they're back to being very shaky.

I just see Tomlin and Co. saying "see, everything is fine now" and it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    [/HIGH-LIGHT]

I put it more on the players,or to be more specific,this "D" lacks playmakers in the secondary,and they need more youth on the line.
    Who's decision is it to have Farrior out there on every down?

He's a liability out there this year. I thought he's played pretty well against the run (until last week) but he's progressively gotten worse and slower in pass coverage going back to last year and beyond. There's no excuse for him to be out there as much as he has been. That's on Lebeau.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I hope the stars align and we get that 6th seed, no doubt.

It's just hard for me to look at this game and think we've made progress over the last couple months. It's not there. Tomlin is a ****ty decision maker, the game is too much for him. He's not HC material, I just don't think he has the personality to make the kind of changes, to take charge and fix what's broken.

The offense looks pretty good, they're the only reason we won this game and most of the others that we've won. I'm not sure Arians is the reason, maybe he is. Defense? Losing 3 players - BMac, Troy and Smith showed us how vulnerable this D really is. I don't think it's a scheme thing, it's a talent thing. Big Snack is ready for retirement IMO also.

Our O-line has played well earlier on, but they're back to being very shaky.

I just see Tomlin and Co. saying "see, everything is fine now" and it isn't.
    I agree with pretty much everything you've said, outside of the scheme of the defense. I think that is a problem in the passing game. Part of is talent as well, obviously.

Arians is still a pretty bad OC, don't let this game fool you. He did a good job in this game, but he still has no feel for the flow of a game, along with all his other shortcomings.

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree... We won despite a pathetic defense! But desperate times call for desperate measures. Our other option was to kick the ball (which with our STs means give them the ball at the 40) watch GB drive the field and kick the winning FG as the clock ran out.

I also agree that this isn't a playoff caliber team. If they are, they haven't played like it. Unfortunately Defense wins championships and our D is fxcked up!!!

I agree with pretty much everything you've said, outside of the scheme of the defense. I think that is a problem in the passing game. Part of is talent as well, obviously.

Arians is still a pretty bad OC, don't let this game fool you. He did a good job in this game, but he still has no feel for the flow of a game, along with all his other shortcomings.
    I hear you on Arians, but this offense has exceeded expectations 10 fold. All things considered, but it's hard to say the guy's doing a lousy job when we have an offense as good as we've probably ever had at this point.

Arians - really is the least of our problems. I'm looking at the turmoil in the locker room, the bickering, the lack of inspiration - all those intangibles. Add Tomlin's ****ty decision making is making me question this guy's competence as a HC.

That onside kick call was the straw that broke the back of my opinion of the guy, he's playing desperate. Kick an onside kick when we have the lead with time on the clock?

I'm officially off Tomlin's band wagon.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am not confident about going up against the Ravens tbh. If we do then sure we can break out the Steelers Polka. We will be getting Troy back last game, we will improve on D even if just a little bit. If nothing else it was great seeing Ben win a close one like that. Exciting game. 500 yards wow.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not gonna happen..... Stop the madness!..... It won't happen.

.... Yea, we won a game and broke our 5-game losing streak.... But we ARE NOT going to the playoffs..... Get a grip, folks.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 10

I've never heard of a QB throwing for 500+ in regulation.

Can anyone verify that?

I know they said it was the highest total for the season throughout the league.

Threads : 10

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    It's not gonna happen..... Stop the madness!..... It won't happen.

.... Yea, we won a game and broke our 5-game losing streak.... But we ARE NOT going to the playoffs..... Get a grip, folks.

Scrooge.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information