Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll take the win,but man

Threads : 691

Default I'll take the win,but man

Why do they let teams that are obviously inferior hang around? The Steelers have tons of talent on both sides of the ball,but it's a combination of break downs that lead to this. Like I stated,I'll take the win,and the positives,because that's how I am,but right now,I just don't see a repeat.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well,we still do have the talent to rpeat,BUT if we keep playing the way we are........fuggedaboudit!!

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They have stuff to work on but there is a ton of season left. I do have confidence that they will get better rather than worse. I will be concerned if they are still doing this towards the end of the season. Very frustrating tho no doubt about it.

Threads : 9

They certainly can't afford to play this way against the better teams like the Ratbirds. Got to give Mendy props though.....runs hard and doesn't hesitate when there is even a small crease. Forget one arm tackles!
    "The brotherhood that the Steelers have, their way of doing business, their way of playing football, spans decades. Their way of building teams that do not blink and players that do not shrink, well, there is nothing come-lately about it."

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's ****ing odd that there is a definite trend of 4th quarter breakdowns.

That's coaching, plain and simple.

Threads : 1

bottom line, we just shouldn't be "edge of our seating" it against Detroit FFS.

Threads : 691

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They certainly can't afford to play this way against the better teams like the Ratbirds. Got to give Mendy props though.....runs hard and doesn't hesitate when there is even a small crease. Forget one arm tackles!
    I love Willie (for some reason he has alot of haters) and will never forget his contributions,but I feel Mendy's time has come. I know it's only two games against not that strong opponents,but I like how he hits the hole with no hesitation.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I love Willie (for some reason he has alot of haters) and will never forget his contributions,but I feel Mendy's time has come. I know it's only two games against not that strong opponents,but I like how he hits the hole with no hesitation.
    Parker is a solid back. Wouldn't it be great if we could find a way to keep both of them?

Yeah, I know - fugetabowdit. But I know Parker can be productive relatively consistently. Mendy's had two excellent games and the rest were struggles. Let's hope Mendy continues living up to his expectations as he has these past two games.

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It seems to be becoming a trend...another concerning trend is the defense's inability to get off the field on 3rd down! Either way you chalk it, the D came up big today down the stretch! Three consectutive sacks for the win (I believe?), is how you put a band aid on the bleeding! I'm sure a "healthy" Polamalu reverses these trends.

BTW- I'm so f'n pumped to get back to talkin' Stillers with yinz!!!!!

Threads : 102

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    It seems to be becoming a trend...another concerning trend is the defense's inability to get off the field on 3rd down! Either way you chalk it, the D came up big today down the stretch! Three consectutive sacks for the win (I believe?), is how you put a band aid on the bleeding! I'm sure a "healthy" Polamalu reverses these trends.

BTW- I'm so f'n pumped to get back to talkin' Stillers with yinz!!!!!

Yep. Im going to agree with you. I thought the D did alright today for the most part. They gave up 1TD, an opening drive FG and one more FG in between. Yeah, yeah..it was the Lions, but this Lions team is playing much better than we expected when we first looked at this seasons schedule.
    The way they stood up on that last series for Detroit was impressive, 3 sacks and an incomplete pass knocked away by Carter (I believe it was.) Maybe we turned a corner here. I only credit the 2 FGs they scored to big passing plays, plays that Troy is usually there to make sure dont happen, or at least give us a better shot of not happening (think one-handed INT against Tenn.) Him coming back will slow down the big passing plays and (God,I hope) improved the 3rd down numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Yep. Im going to agree with you. I thought the D did alright today for the most part. They gave up 1TD, an opening drive FG and one more FG in between. Yeah, yeah..it was the Lions, but this Lions team is playing much better than we expected when we first looked at this seasons schedule.
    The way they stood up on that last series for Detroit was impressive, 3 sacks and an incomplete pass knocked away by Carter (I believe it was.) Maybe we turned a corner here. I only credit the 2 FGs they scored to big passing plays, plays that Troy is usually there to make sure dont happen, or at least give us a better shot of not happening (think one-handed INT against Tenn.) Him coming back will slow down the big passing plays and (God,I hope) improved the 3rd down numbers.
    A little confused as to why Heath and Mendenhall seemed to "disappear" in the 4th Q as well...?...Could have been the beers catchin up, but I remember thinking to my self before the half, "we should dink/dunk to Heath all ****ing day"...it was working well!

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    A little confused as to why Heath and Mendenhall seemed to "disappear" in the 4th Q as well...?...Could have been the beers catchin up, but I remember thinking to my self before the half, "we should dink/dunk to Heath all ****ing day"...it was working well!
    Thats all apart of Arians' masterful game planning.Use Heath in the 1Q and forget about him the rest of the game.

Threads : 102

I remeber Mendy getting the ball a few times in the 4th, but he only got minimal gains. However, there was also no Fullback being used that I could see. Something else that seems to disappear late in the game.
    As for Heath, I have no idea myself. I honestly started to wonder if maybe Spaeth was being used late in the game instead. He does just disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Thats all apart of Arians' masterful game planning.Use Heath in the 1Q and forget about him the rest of the game.
    ...you know???? It was CLEAR that Detroit had no answer for it, but for some reason it wasn't part of the offense down the stretch. It could have been the breakdowns in pass protection that slowed us down though?

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    The Bears slapped 48 points on them last week. I wasn't really impressed with the Bears even tho they beat but us but I don't know maybe I should be even less impressed with the Steelers. Again this should have been a blow out. They had their two best offensive players out of the game and they were still moving down the field on our great D. I don't mean to sound all gloomy, I think they will improve and be fairly unstoppable towards the end of the season but through 5 weeks the Stillers get a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information