Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll take the win,but man

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bears slapped 48 points on them last week. I wasn't really impressed with the Bears even tho they beat but us but I don't know maybe I should be even less impressed with the Steelers. Again this should have been a blow out. They had their two best offensive players out of the game and they were still moving down the field on our great D. I don't mean to sound all gloomy, I think they will improve and be fairly unstoppable towards the end of the season but through 5 weeks the Stillers get a
    Yeah, I donŽt know. The Lions hung with the Bears through the first half and went into halftime tied with them 24-24 I believe. A complete defensive meltdown turned it into a rout. What does that mean using it to compare to todays game? I donŽt know exactly. But, it seems like the Lions are improving week by week and weŽre able to gel a little more against us this week. WeŽll see.
    I do agree with you though, I expected more from the team on both sides of the ball this season. So far, the offense has lived up to those expectations, except for the second half tonight. I thought they stunk.
    The D is a disappointment, but I think they played better than what the score and numbers tonight show, and expect them to get it together here soon and be a force again.

Threads : 82

I just expect a team like that to be fragile and crumble after posing their best player the thing is the our season has gone so far, the half time speech for them was easy, hang in there like every other team has and you will have a chance to win.

And that INT was so predictable. They were saying it on the radio and I was saying it after the Wallace drop. Ben is going to go right back to him. He did and they new it was coming. Easy pick 6. They need to be smarter about that ****.

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Yeah, I donŽt know. The Lions hung with the Bears through the first half and went into halftime tied with them 24-24 I believe. A complete defensive meltdown turned it into a rout. What does that mean using it to compare to todays game? I donŽt know exactly. But, it seems like the Lions are improving week by week and weŽre able to gel a little more against us this week. WeŽll see.
    I do agree with you though, I expected more from the team on both sides of the ball this season. So far, the offense has lived up to those expectations, except for the second half tonight. I thought they stunk.
    The D is a disappointment, but I think they played better than what the score and numbers tonight show, and expect them to get it together here soon and be a force again.
    It looks like Lebeau has taken notice. We had a Ziggy sighting! Dick was tinkering with some different personal groupings. At one point Smith, Hampton, and Keisel were off the field and we had only Kirshke and Hood with a hand on the ground.

Seemed to me that, perhaps, Dick was not calling a "standard" game and was maybe toying with some different looks against a sub-par opponent (or at least that's what I'll tell myself tonight when I try to sleep...LOL!)

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

These 4th qtr. breakdowns are ****ing bush league, dudes! Championship football isn't about letting teams who have lost 24 of the last 25 take you to the wire.

Benjamin needs to get his **** together before he gives away a game. He's on one receiver radar lock most of the time and the next time he looks off his first receiver to go to another this season will be the first time.

So far, you can lock Mendy into the RB slot and tell SWP that the only way he touches again for the Steelers is if he puts out a contract on #34. Benjamin needs to quit ****ing around and learn how to look off a first key to hit the target that will get the yards...assuming that target can CATCH THE GODDAM BALL!!!

And what's with this D? Good is, perhaps, good enough to beat, let's say, the Clowns. But let's keep this up and we'll get the end of the season, circa 2006 and a loss vs. a team who won't win again for three years. We can't miss #43 this much...can we?

OK...we're 3-2. I guess we've won the Lombardi from this position before. But these guys haven't yet advanced outta cruise control. I don't need to see these guys going through the motions at home and losing to the Clowns. That happens and you can shove the fork into these potatoes.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Second half O sucked with the exception when they went no huddle...should be doing that more often...would've put'em away.

Minor breakdowns on D whenever third and long comes up...always seems to me that Farrior is in the frame whenever we give those up.

Other than those 2 points...thought they played well. Mendy should've broke 100 yards...thanks BA....also can deal with the occasional INT....can't afford pick 6's Ben.

Threads : 6

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    They have stuff to work on but there is a ton of season left. I do have confidence that they will get better rather than worse. I will be concerned if they are still doing this towards the end of the season. Very frustrating tho no doubt about it.
    Agreed, very frustrating, but I did like how the D stood up at the end of the game. A good positive to go off with a win, but I certainly expected them to choke the **** out of Detroit early when they had thier foot on thier necks.
    Seemed like cohesion and performance took about a quarter and a half break today.

sjdrewk

Could there be a mental let down from last season to this current season? What I mean is due to the schedule not being as tough as last year(or perceived to be not as tough as last year) are they not taking things as, oh what word am I searching for....Serious?

DO they feel like they can jut show up and dominate again because the strength of schedule isn't as strong this year? Are they as intense as they were last year knowing they had to go all out every down and play and now that the schedule is easier maybe in the back of their minds they are not as intense on D as they were last year? Intense.... that's it, the D doesn't seem as intense as last year. They were intense the first game of this season so does this mean it has everything to do with Troy? Or is it just that the D isn't any good this year?

It's early and we might have to eat our words when Troy gets back but Kinda odd that 8 months ago were were comparing last years D to the 70's Legendary D and went from the D being the strength to now the Offense being the strength of the team in only 8 short months. That's football for you.
    Last edited by sjdrewk; Oct-12-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Agreed, very frustrating, but I did like how the D stood up at the end of the game. A good positive to go off with a win, but I certainly expected them to choke the **** out of Detroit early when they had thier foot on thier necks.
    Seemed like cohesion and performance took about a quarter and a half break today.
    The difference between the last 2 wins and the last 2 losses are the defense pulled their heads out of their collective asses at the last minute to end the game. Those 3 sacks in a row, I can't remember how many yards they drove them back but that is impressive! Why can't they do that earlier in the game?

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Why do they let teams that are obviously inferior hang around? The Steelers have tons of talent on both sides of the ball,but it's a combination of break downs that lead to this. Like I stated,I'll take the win,and the positives,because that's how I am,but right now,I just don't see a repeat.
    We did the same crap last year. The only difference is that last year a 10 point lead with our defense was a sure win. Someone forgot to tell Tomlin/Arians that we don't have that kind of defense anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    We did the same crap last year. The only difference is that last year a 10 point lead with our defense was a sure win. Someone forgot to tell Tomlin/Arians that we don't have that kind of defense anymore.

I'm not willing to concede that the D will not shape up to be just as good (if not better) than last years D. Sure missing Troy is huge, but we have some serious talent out there. It's just a matter of putting things together when we're healthy. I'm sure that Dick's playbook is a little more limited without Troy in there. Although, T Carter has been filling in admirably (for the most part).

Willie Gay made HUGE strides last week, Silverback got back on track, Wood got into the mix, and Ziggy got his first NFL experience. Timmons was "pretty solid," he needs to continue to react the way he has (but maybe sharpen up on his keys)

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    I'm not willing to concede that the D will not shape up to be just as good (if not better) than last years D. Sure missing Troy is huge, but we have some serious talent out there. It's just a matter of putting things together when we're healthy. I'm sure that Dick's playbook is a little more limited without Troy in there. Although, T Carter has been filling in admirably (for the most part).

Willie Gay made HUGE strides last week, Silverback got back on track, Wood got into the mix, and Ziggy got his first NFL experience. Timmons was "pretty solid," he needs to continue to react the way he has (but maybe sharpen up on his keys)
    I can agree with that. However, the defense isn't there yet so when we are up by 10 we should be pushing for 20. When we get to 20 we should push for 30 until the defense becomes dominant again.

Besides when did it become so "in fashion" not to embarass the other team. The last time I checked they all got paid too.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    I can agree with that. However, the defense isn't there yet so when we are up by 10 we should be pushing for 20. When we get to 20 we should push for 30 until the defense becomes dominant again.

Besides when did it become so "in fashion" not to embarass the other team. The last time I checked they all got paid too.
    Couldn't agree more!!! The O seems to be "on point" (until BA interferes with logic)...The D will come along!

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Steelers would start playing football for 60 minutes, they would flat out embarass teams. The offense has as much firepower as anyone, so why let up?

Defensively we start games strong, but tend to lay back as well after a half. When was the last time our defense ever sat back and regularly waited to react to what the offense was doing? Why are our corners giving receivers a 10-12 yard cushion? That seems to be the biggest reason Deebo and Wood aren't getting their sacks, these QB's are getting the quick slants and hitting the underneath routes for a good portion of the game.

Hopefully the cleveland game signals the end of this trend of letting off the gas at the half and playing down to the level of the competition.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information