Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: The O-Line

      
  1. #1
    exNCite's Avatar
    Status : exNCite is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wall, New Jersey, United States
    Posts : 5,589
    Threads : 413
    Last Online : Jul-14-2017 @ 06:36 PM

    Default The O-Line

    This was truly fun to watch. Merry Christmas all.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-oline-...eelers-Week-15

  2. #2
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: The O-Line

    So...

    This team is talking playoffs even though they aren't doing it publicly.

    Hmmmmm.

  3. #3
    First off, love the show's Avatar
    Status : First off, love the show is offline
    Rank : Waterboy
    Join Date : Dec 23, 2009
    Location : The Burgh
    Posts : 37
    Threads : 4
    Last Online : Apr-14-2010 @ 08:14 PM

    Default Re: The O-Line

    What the Steelers are really lacking is a center who has ownership. 41 years the Steelers had 4 centers - Mansfield, Webster, Dawson and Harting. For whatever reason the last couple of years the position has been a "whoever" position. This is probably the 2nd most important position on the offense and we have Justin Hartwig! WTF! We need a real smart, powerful guy here and I truly believe this is the first position they should go after in the draft.
    No one ever says "It's only a game," when their team is winning!

  4. #4
    rockcr's Avatar
    Status : rockcr is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Nov 23, 2009
    Location : rockford,il
    Posts : 1,015
    Threads : 52
    Last Online : Oct-03-2015 @ 09:45 AM
    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Quote Originally Posted by First off, love the show View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the Steelers are really lacking is a center who has ownership. 41 years the Steelers had 4 centers - Mansfield, Webster, Dawson and Harting. For whatever reason the last couple of years the position has been a "whoever" position. This is probably the 2nd most important position on the offense and we have Justin Hartwig! WTF! We need a real smart, powerful guy here and I truly believe this is the first position they should go after in the draft.
    you callin hartwig dumb

  5. #5
    Beezy's Avatar
    Status : Beezy is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Pig Hill
    Posts : 10,074
    Threads : 82
    Last Online : Nov-10-2016 @ 07:09 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The O-Line

    I am no O-line expert but I like Hartwig. I see some consistency there now. I think he will only improve. Not to mention his guards have been a bit of a revolving door. That can't make things easy for the center.

    Draft wise I wouldn't go after ANY position on O. If something falls in your lap then take it but we have more pressing needs on D.

  6. #6
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am no O-line expert but I like Hartwig. I see some consistency there now. I think he will only improve. Not to mention his guards have been a bit of a revolving door. That can't make things easy for the center.
    X2...

    I've been one of the biggest critics for the line in the past... But I also like Hartwig... We've definitely had some "tough times" with replacements and the regulars that haven't played stellar... But he appears to be a solid anchor in my opinion.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  7. #7
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: The O-Line

    When I was watching the vid I had to wonder where Hartwig was and why he wasn't hanging with his boys.

  8. #8
    exNCite's Avatar
    Status : exNCite is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wall, New Jersey, United States
    Posts : 5,589
    Threads : 413
    Last Online : Jul-14-2017 @ 06:36 PM

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I was watching the vid I had to wonder where Hartwig was and why he wasn't hanging with his boys.

    Hmmmmmm. Good point. I can only wonder.

  9. #9
    Beezy's Avatar
    Status : Beezy is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Pig Hill
    Posts : 10,074
    Threads : 82
    Last Online : Nov-10-2016 @ 07:09 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I was watching the vid I had to wonder where Hartwig was and why he wasn't hanging with his boys.
    Was wondering that but some of the other guys weren't there too. I wouldn't read that much into it. Maybe Hartwig has a famo and the rest don't or something like that. They spend enough time with the team earning a paycheck.

  10. #10
    First off, love the show's Avatar
    Status : First off, love the show is offline
    Rank : Waterboy
    Join Date : Dec 23, 2009
    Location : The Burgh
    Posts : 37
    Threads : 4
    Last Online : Apr-14-2010 @ 08:14 PM

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am no O-line expert but I like Hartwig. I see some consistency there now. I think he will only improve. Not to mention his guards have been a bit of a revolving door. That can't make things easy for the center.

    Draft wise I wouldn't go after ANY position on O. If something falls in your lap then take it but we have more pressing needs on D.
    Beezy, I disagree. The center is supposed to give out blocking assignments once he sees the defensive scheme. Why is it that in the Cleveland Clown game that the DE for the clowns lined up 3 times in the first half with absolutely no lineman or backs in front of him. All 3 plays were sacks of Big Ben. The center is supposed to pick this up and shout out a blocking assignment which Hartwig did nothing and resulted in 3 sacks. Now, I don't exonerate Big Ben for not seeing this formation. He should have changed the play or moved a TE or Back over to cover this guy but didn't - 3 TIMES! I also blame Arains the Thoughtless for calling the same play 3 times! All that being said, I don't trust Hartwig enough to call out the blocking schemes.
    No one ever says "It's only a game," when their team is winning!

  11. #11
    CROSSBONES's Avatar
    Status : CROSSBONES is offline
    Rank : All-Pro
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 4,412
    Threads : 215
    Last Online : Aug-15-2016 @ 06:32 PM

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Good clip!

  12. #12
    bdeff's Avatar
    Status : bdeff is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 15, 2009
    Location : Truth or Consequences, NM
    Posts : 2,341
    Threads : 164
    Last Online : Apr-10-2015 @ 09:10 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Hartwig is serviceable, but its better than Sean Mahan who was dreadful

    Hartings was Very Good.
    Dawson and Webster were Hall of Fame quality.

    How good was Mansfield? Pro Bowl caliber? I never saw him play, just heard legends of "ranger".


    And then there was BUZZ NUTTER!!! What a great name.

  13. #13
    Beezy's Avatar
    Status : Beezy is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Pig Hill
    Posts : 10,074
    Threads : 82
    Last Online : Nov-10-2016 @ 07:09 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Quote Originally Posted by First off, love the show View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beezy, I disagree. The center is supposed to give out blocking assignments once he sees the defensive scheme. Why is it that in the Cleveland Clown game that the DE for the clowns lined up 3 times in the first half with absolutely no lineman or backs in front of him. All 3 plays were sacks of Big Ben. The center is supposed to pick this up and shout out a blocking assignment which Hartwig did nothing and resulted in 3 sacks. Now, I don't exonerate Big Ben for not seeing this formation. He should have changed the play or moved a TE or Back over to cover this guy but didn't - 3 TIMES! I also blame Arains the Thoughtless for calling the same play 3 times! All that being said, I don't trust Hartwig enough to call out the blocking schemes.
    But that was one game, I can't think of a guy on our team that played well in that one. I am just not going to bash a guy based off of that one match up.

  14. #14
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Ben calls the protection plans for the o-line.

  15. #15
    Beezy's Avatar
    Status : Beezy is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Pig Hill
    Posts : 10,074
    Threads : 82
    Last Online : Nov-10-2016 @ 07:09 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The O-Line

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ben calls the protection plans for the o-line.
    I was thinking that too but I wasn't sure. Hartings called the protections but that ended with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •