Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It sure didn't feel like a win, but I'll take it

Threads : 49

Default It sure didn't feel like a win, but I'll take it

A couple things.

- Ben didn't have a very good game, he was good at times, but he held onto the ball too long at times which at this point in his career is simply inexcusable.

- Holmes was very inconsistent. It seemed like after his TD, he decided that he put in his day's work.

- Woodley and the the D-line played great when it really mattered at the end of the game. My question is, why wasn't Woodley playing like that for most of the game (or most of the season for that matter)??

- Hood had, by far, his best game. He was actually noticeable out there. Could be a good sign for things to come.

- The Steelers coaching staff was pretty much completely outcoached in this game.

- Arians reverted back to his predictable old **** after last week's game. Why wasn't there more checkdowns and short throws to Miller, Mendy and Moore like last week??? Blame Ben for his INT on the rollout but Holmes fell down on the play and there was no shorter option on the play. WHY?? Scoring only 3 points in the 2nd half of the game is inexcusable.

- Secondary is still a joke. Hate on Gay all you want, but if you didn't tell me who was who, I wouldn't be able to tell who was out there, Townsend or Gay in coverage.

With Houston winning today, the Steelers playoff hopes went down. It'll all come down to whether the Pats play for the win next week to try to get the #3 seed or whether to rest guys.

Otherwise, the Ravens will have to lose to the Raiders and I believe the Broncos will have to lose today and next week against the Chiefs.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: It sure didn't feel like a win, but I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple things.

- Ben didn't have a very good game, he was good at times, but he held onto the ball too long at times which at this point in his career is simply inexcusable.

- Holmes was very inconsistent. It seemed like after his TD, he decided that he put in his day's work.

- Woodley and the the D-line played great when it really mattered at the end of the game. My question is, why wasn't Woodley playing like that for most of the game (or most of the season for that matter)??

- Hood had, by far, his best game. He was actually noticeable out there. Could be a good sign for things to come.

- The Steelers coaching staff was pretty much completely outcoached in this game.

- Arians reverted back to his predictable old **** after last week's game. Why wasn't there more checkdowns and short throws to Miller, Mendy and Moore like last week??? Blame Ben for his INT on the rollout but Holmes fell down on the play and there was no shorter option on the play. WHY?? Scoring only 3 points in the 2nd half of the game is inexcusable.

- Secondary is still a joke. Hate on Gay all you want, but if you didn't tell me who was who, I wouldn't be able to tell who was out there, Townsend or Gay in coverage.

With Houston winning today, the Steelers playoff hopes went down. It'll all come down to whether the Pats play for the win next week to try to get the #3 seed or whether to rest guys.

Otherwise, the Ravens will have to lose to the Raiders and I believe the Broncos will have to lose today and next week against the Chiefs.

Agreed on all points...............especially about the secondary.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing new today but the Steelers rarely win pretty even in the SB runs. I am used to it. A win is a win. And Ben is Ben he hold on to the ball too long and he always will get used to it or come back when he retires. He wins games.

Threads : 3263

We've had a soft secondary for quite a few years IMO... Last year, the pass rush helped to minimalize it in my opinion.

.... But yea, it is HORENDUS this season!
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

what happened to are run defense ?especially when they know there gonna run!

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have to agree with all of the original points. This season, we've seen only glimpses of the way we were last season. Consistency (on the improvement side of the argument) is a problem.

We've seen the season's big picture unfold and it looks more like a Giger than a Da Vinci.
    Last edited by War Machine; Dec-27-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Typo. Again. Oops!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 102

A couple things.

Agree.

Agree again.

Think he started taking advantage of Cousins once he got injured and came back in.

He was noticable because he was being used alot more. He wasn´t just in for one play per series. I agree and think it is a good look at what we´ll see from him in the future.

Can´t really say they were outcoached. Both coaching staffs looked like **** this time.

You had your answer with the first word you used in this comment.

It´s easy to tell, Gay is the one falling down to the side of the reciever after he makes the grab. The others are the ones wrapping up the reciever and letting them break free.

I think the Broncos only have to lose today and if we win against Miami it doesn´t matter what the Broncos do next week.

Threads : 49

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post
    what happened to are run defense ?especially when they know there gonna run!
    Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. The Steelers D-line kept getting pushed back more and more as the season went on. VERY concerning.

The Ravens kept running right at Harrison, I think because of his injury. The Steelers and Lebeau didn't do anything to counter this. Maybe because Lebeau and Tomlin were too scared of the secondary problems.

On a side note, does anyone think Farrior ISN'T washed up at this point? He used to be good in run support (even earlier this year), he's not even good in that department anymore. He's literally getting slower with each game this year. Pretty soon I'm going to start confusing him with Larry "slow" Foote!

What I found amusing was on Farrior's INT there wasn't a Raven within 15 yards of him. Nice pick, thank God Woodley nailed Flacco!

Threads : 10

Farrior looks so bad this season because Aaron isn't in front of him and Troy isn't behind him.

In the past Aarons presence would slow a runner enough that Farrior would make the tackle and if he missed, Troy was right there.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link....

That link isn't Farrior.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    I think the Broncos only have to lose today and if we win against Miami it doesn´t matter what the Broncos do next week.
    Not quite. We need a Broncos loss, Jets loss this week and then a Steeler win and Ravens and/or Texans loss next week.

We hold the tiebreaker with Broncos at 9-7 but lose the tiebreaker to the Ravens and Texans at 9-7.

Threads : 102

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Not quite. We need a Broncos loss, Jets loss this week and then a Steeler win and Ravens and/or Texans loss next week.

We hold the tiebreaker with Broncos at 9-7 but lose the tiebreaker to the Ravens and Texans at 9-7.
    Right. I was just addressing beating out Denver. Should of mentioned that Houston needs to lose next week as well.
    I did forget about the Jets though.

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Should of mentioned that Houston needs to lose next week as well.
    ... Against NE, with the game in Houston, with nothing to play for for NE and everything for the Texans, and maybe NE wanting to rest the starters because the game means NOTHING to the Pats*.... Ugh!
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    ... Against NE, with the game in Houston, with nothing to play for for NE and everything for the Texans, and maybe NE wanting to rest the starters because the game means NOTHING to the Pats*.... Ugh!
    I think new england might want to knock them out in case they have to see them again.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post

How do you figure? The Pats and Cincy are both 10-5. If the Pats don't care about the #4 seed then they will probably rest which is bad news for us.

However, that will mean a first round meeting with the Colts if they get out of the wild card round. Or they can take their chances with the Chargers whom they own if they get the #3 seed. I think the Texans are going to get the Pats best. I'm sure the Pats would rather have the #3 seed and a chance at San Diego then the #4 seed and a meeting with the Colts in Indy.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    How do you figure? The Pats and Cincy are both 10-5. If the Pats don't care about the #4 seed then they should lose and give it to Cincy.

That will mean a first round meeting with the Colts if they get out of the wild card round. Or they can take their chances with the Chargers whom they own if they get the #3 seed. I think the Texans are going to get the Pats best. I'm sure the Pats would rather have the #3 seed and a chance at San Diego then the #4 seed and a meeting with the Colts in Indy.
    I was gonna say that but i wasn,t sure about cincy record!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information