Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Game Balls....

      
  1. #1
    beerman's Avatar
    Status : beerman is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : at the nudie bar.
    Posts : 1,241
    Threads : 102
    Last Online : Jan-31-2015 @ 07:44 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Game Balls....

    1. Woodley (there´s the greatness)
    2. Ziggy Hood (great showing from the rookie today, should be more to come.)
    3. Skippy ($ on the FG´s and some deep kick-offs as well )

  2. #2
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    ... I'd also give Mike Wallace one... Maybe Mendy, I dunno....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  3. #3
    buccoray61's Avatar
    Status : buccoray61 is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 3,885
    Threads : 691
    Last Online : Apr-03-2017 @ 06:56 AM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Those three would have been my choices as well. Perhaps Logan could be added as well.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

  4. #4
    buccoray61's Avatar
    Status : buccoray61 is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 3,885
    Threads : 691
    Last Online : Apr-03-2017 @ 06:56 AM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those three would have been my choices as well. Perhaps Logan could be added as well.
    Speaking of Logan,it said that he broke the Steelers single season for yards on kickoffs today.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

  5. #5
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Woodley.

  6. #6
    JerryGlanville's Avatar
    Status : JerryGlanville is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Nov 16, 2009
    Posts : 2,786
    Threads : 49
    Last Online : Sep-12-2014 @ 03:43 PM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    1. Woodley (not even close)
    2. Mason
    3. The officials

  7. #7
    beerman's Avatar
    Status : beerman is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : at the nudie bar.
    Posts : 1,241
    Threads : 102
    Last Online : Jan-31-2015 @ 07:44 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... I'd also give Mike Wallace one... Maybe Mendy, I dunno....
    Yeah, Wallace had a few good grabs. Could give him one too.

    Mendy´s name popped into my head at first too, but then I had think, what did he actually do?
    1 dropped pass that would have been a TD, and 17 rushes for 36 yards. Didn´t seem like it was that bad though.

  8. #8
    beerman's Avatar
    Status : beerman is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : at the nudie bar.
    Posts : 1,241
    Threads : 102
    Last Online : Jan-31-2015 @ 07:44 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Woodley (not even close)
    2. Mason
    3. [HIGH-LIGHT]The officials[/HIGH-LIGHT]


    For what?

  9. #9
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Tomlin for not going to tampa cover two at the end...

  10. #10
    JerryGlanville's Avatar
    Status : JerryGlanville is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Nov 16, 2009
    Posts : 2,786
    Threads : 49
    Last Online : Sep-12-2014 @ 03:43 PM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    For what?
    The horrible officiating that mostly benefited the Steelers. One of my biggest problems with the NFL today is the horrible officiating. Usually it goes against the Steelers, but not in this game. I'll call it when I see it, even if favors the Steelers.

    The calls that brought back two TD's on the Ravens were calls that were very bizarre and iffy at best, IMO.

    Calling a hold on that one TD but not calling holding on the Ravens O-line at all in the game is beyond bizarre. NFL really needs to address the cluster**** that is NFL officiating.

  11. #11
    beerman's Avatar
    Status : beerman is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : at the nudie bar.
    Posts : 1,241
    Threads : 102
    Last Online : Jan-31-2015 @ 07:44 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The horrible officiating that mostly benefited the Steelers. One of my biggest problems with the NFL today is the horrible officiating. Usually it goes against the Steelers, but not in this game. I'll call it when I see it, even if favors the Steelers.

    The calls that brought back two TD's on the Ravens were calls that were very bizarre and iffy at best, IMO.

    Calling a hold on that one TD but not calling holding on the Ravens O-line at all in the game is beyond bizarre. NFL really needs to address the cluster**** that is NFL officiating.
    I´ll agree and disagree.

    I´ll agree that the officiating was horrible. No doubt about that. Inconsistant to the point of it being a joke.

    But, I disagree that the penalties on the TD´s were bad. They could have went either way, called or not called. Did it favor the Steelers? Yep. Because they were called. But, not to the point that the refs deserve credit for a "game ball" for helping the Steelers get a win.

  12. #12
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mendy´s name popped into my head at first too, but then I had think, what did he actually do?
    1 dropped pass that would have been a TD, and 17 rushes for 36 yards. Didn´t seem like it was that bad though.
    Very true... It just seemed as if he made a couple of key runs... Hell, I'm just glad we won.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  13. #13
    exNCite's Avatar
    Status : exNCite is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wall, New Jersey, United States
    Posts : 5,589
    Threads : 413
    Last Online : Jul-14-2017 @ 06:36 PM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    For what?
    I agree. 11 penalties against the Ravens with 2 TDs called back and a number of them stifling drives. I'd love to hear Harbaugh's comments on that aspect of the game.

  14. #14
    beerman's Avatar
    Status : beerman is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : at the nudie bar.
    Posts : 1,241
    Threads : 102
    Last Online : Jan-31-2015 @ 07:44 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very true... It just seemed as if he made a couple of key runs... [HIGH-LIGHT]Hell, I'm just glad we won[/HIGH-LIGHT].

    As am I.


  15. #15
    JerryGlanville's Avatar
    Status : JerryGlanville is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Nov 16, 2009
    Posts : 2,786
    Threads : 49
    Last Online : Sep-12-2014 @ 03:43 PM

    Default Re: Game Balls....

    Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I´ll agree and disagree.

    I´ll agree that the officiating was horrible. No doubt about that. Inconsistant to the point of it being a joke.

    But, I disagree that the penalties on the TD´s were bad. They could have went either way, called or not called. Did it favor the Steelers? Yep. Because they were called. But, not to the point that the refs deserve credit for a "game ball" for helping the Steelers get a win.
    I don't know, those calls had a bigger impact than just about anything the Steelers offense did in this game (3 points the entire 2nd half, the most important half of football). Or anything just about any player on the Steelers did today, outside of Woodley, who far and away was the best player for the Steelers today.

    Calling one of those back? OK, homefield advantage, it happens. Calling both back?? Steelers got a little fortunate to say the least, but I'll gladly take it.

    Still doesn't change the fact that officiating is beyond horrible and shouldn't play that kind of role in the outcome of a game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •