Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben gives props to Arians

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ben gives props to Arians

Just now on the news, Ben said that our offense is dynamic and people should lay off Arians.

You know what this means, we are stuck with Arians for as long as Ben wants him around.

Threads : 60

Default Re: Ben gives props to Arians

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just now on the news, Ben said that our offense is dynamic and people should lay off Arians.

You know what this means, we are stuck with Arians for as long as Ben wants him around.

I've been saying that all along. I think it's Ben's decision on whether or not Arians goes. I personally think the special teams coach will be the only casualty come next Monday.

Arians all or nothing offense is here to stay .

Threads : 49

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Im not crazy about BA but if are D would of played better we might of won alot more games!

Threads : 183

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post
    Im not crazy about BA but if are D would of played better we might of won alot more games!
    sorry to be downtrodden (ooh big word) I'm as glad as anyone else that we won last 2 but it was cause of broken plays that we won and cause the ravens shot themselves in the foot - easy dropped TD pass and penalties beyond belief. Steelers can play with anyone when they want to, but I think we got lucky the past 2 weeks. I still do not like Ariens O but I agree as long as Ben is here he stays.

One thought it does seem like Ariens and Ben play better when they have more than 1 week to prepare. broncos game, SD playoff game last year and GB although that contradicts my above point.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    sorry to be downtrodden (ooh big word) I'm as glad as anyone else that we won last 2 but it was cause of broken plays that we won and cause the ravens shot themselves in the foot - easy dropped TD pass and penalties beyond belief. Steelers can play with anyone when they want to, but I think we got lucky the past 2 weeks. I still do not like Ariens O but I agree as long as Ben is here he stays.

One thought it does seem like Ariens and Ben play better when they have more than 1 week to prepare. broncos game, SD playoff game last year and GB although that contradicts my above point.
    It could be a lot worse. I am jsut going to resign myself to the idea that he will be around for a while. If they part with Arians it will be a surprise to me. Good or bad surprise will depends on how well the replacement does.

Threads : 4

If history means anything then the Steelers need to fire Arians as quickly as possible. This love affair with Big Ben is the same on any team. The Steelers I would hope would be smarter than Big Ben. Of course Big Ben would eat a mile of Arians $hit just to see where it came from. Which parent do you think a kids likes most...the mom who gives him an ice cream cone or the dad who makes him practice his oboe??? I have got to believe that Colbert and Rooney know that it just hasn't been about throw first run if you have to. It's about the timing of some of the play calls. ALL plays are designed to gain yardage. Obviously execution is important but calling the right play against the right defense in the right situation is just as important and Arians has shown time and time again that he has no clue. EVERYONE remembers the infamous 3rd and 1 call with an empty backfield? Just too many poor decisions and that's why I think that Arians WILL go after the season.
    No one ever says "It's only a game," when their team is winning!

Threads : 122

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post

That dynamic offense that put up 2 FG on the Browns defense. And amazingly, we are one game out of the playoffs. That dynamic offense that hung 10 points on the Raiders until the final minutes? Our offense has stretches that are too long during games where they are just pathetic. I want a more consistent offense with more shorter passes.

Threads : 413

Talk about an oxymoron. Look at this stuff and then tell me why Arians should be fired.
    Broken records

Rashard Mendenhall, on his 5-yard touchdown run, became the seventh Steelers back to top 1,000 yards. He has 1,014. "That's cool," he said.

Ben Roethlisberger became the first Steelers quarterback to surpass 4,000 yards passing. He has 4,108.

They joined Hines Ward (1,106) and Santonio Holmes (1,243) as the first offense in team history to have a 4,000-yard quarterback, a 1,000-yard running back and two 1,000-yard receivers. The closest was the 2001 club, with Kordell Stewart throwing for 3,000-plus yards and Jerome Bettis the back joining receivers Ward and Plaxico Burress for 1,000 apiece. Opined Ward, who left the offense in most formations late in the game due to his tightening hamstring ("I'm playing until I bust it"): Such records are things "to look back on, reflect on [later]. But just 'cause we have all that doesn't bring championships. Hopefully, we can go out there and put up some more points [in Miami]."

The 64,068 in attendance yesterday gave the Steelers 507,882 for the year, some 448 more patrons than their previous single-season high.

Stefan Logan established a Steelers single-season record for kickoff-return yardage with 1,383, surpassing Ernie Mills' 1,306 in 1995. "I didn't really know any of the Steelers records," he said. He also had a 49-yard run-back in the first quarter, his third longest of the season, and tripped in the fourth in the open field on a 17-yard return. "Oh my goodness. I'm still asking for that one back. It was right there."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09362...#ixzz0azeTnlPx
    I'll tell you why. Because all this offensive production is wasted. It should be putting up 35 points every single game. It reminds me of a guy I once knew who believed if he went into a bar and asked 50 girls to go home with him, eventually one would. The other 49 were just practice.

Defensively we've been OK under most circumstances. Not devastating, lights out, in your face stuff, but playing well enough to support an explosive offense. That's why we need to change the OC. **** Ben and who he wants. I want an OC who will take advantage of the firepower we have and run a proper offensive scheme, not abuse it.

Threads : 0
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, Im glad that Ben likes his OC, cause the drama if he didnt. But, to me, I dont want that to be the driving reason why he stays or goes. Im too wary of personnel and coaching decisions based on who is liked as opposed to who is best for the job.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Agree. There have been too many points left on the field this year. Ben likes Bruce because he gets to throw the ball, but imagine, Ben, how much better you and your numbers would be, not to mention the rest of the offense, if your OC knew when and what plays to call and could maximize all the weapons on offense.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ben wanted Plex to stay also and we know what happened there

Threads : 122

8th ranked offense per yards......15th ranked offense per points.......2009
    11th ranked offense per yards......20th ranked offense per points......2008

Arians didn't learn **** from 2008 on how to design a redzone offense. We have been ripped 2 weeks in a row by a TE in the endzone. The announcers were talking about the size difference between Heap & Gay (or Deshea...forget which).....yet we have a 6'7" 270lb TE we haven't thrown to once in the redzone all year. How is that?

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    8th ranked offense per yards......15th ranked offense per points.......2009
    11th ranked offense per yards......20th ranked offense per points......2008

Arians didn't learn **** from 2008 on how to design a redzone offense. We have been ripped 2 weeks in a row by a TE in the endzone. The announcers were talking about the size difference between Heap & Gay (or Deshea...forget which).....yet we have a 6'7" 270lb TE we haven't thrown to once in the redzone all year. How is that?
    If we were playing against the Steelers I would throw to Heath all day long and maybe a few to Speath for good measure

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It amazes me how inefficient this offense is. We go from our 20 to their 20 with ease. But we cant get into the endzone worth ****. People complain about the D, yeah they have been horrible often, but if our O was scoring on pace with its yardage we'd have won a ton more games as well...our D has been good enough to support a NE or Indy high-powered offense...and we've been without Troy and Aaron Smith. What happened to the Hines Ward slant in the red zone? What happened to throwing to Heath in the red zone? This offense is terrible at everything except moving the ball...and last time I checked yardage does not = victory...points do.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information