Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The colts are lame and NBC what are they thinking?

Threads : 182

Default The colts are lame and NBC what are they thinking?

The colts don't want to play the steelers. Before their game started They knew that the bengals clinched their division and they knew the wild cards could be any 2 of the jets, steelers, ravens, texans, broncos. They knew that since cincy and NE won and that the ravens lost that bengals would have nothing to play for in week 17. They also knew that they would rather not have the steelers in the playoffs so they let the jets win.

Now why would NBC sched the cincy @ jets game for sunday night
    cause it could be a lame duck game...assuming pats beat texans steelers win and then it comes down to the jets winning and they are in vs if jets lose then we are in...do they want to stick it to the SB champs in the last game of the year? I think so.

Threads : 10
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The colts are lame and NBC what are they thinking?

The Steelers stuck it to themselves with their 5 game skid against a bunch of bum *** teams. Teams are asking for too much if they expect playoff bound teams to help them in week #17. Week #17 is traditionally filled with ****ty games played by 2nd and 3rd string scrubs. At least the Steelers will get maximum effort from both the Raiders and the Chiefs in week #17 but that's probably not going to help them a bit because both the Patriots and the Bengals are going to mail it in.

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Five-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Steelers stuck it to themselves with their 5 game skid against a bunch of bum *** teams. Teams are asking for too much if they expect playoff bound teams to help them in week #17. Week #17 is traditionally filled with ****ty games played by 2nd and 3rd string scrubs. At least the Steelers will get maximum effort from both the Raiders and the Chiefs in week #17 but that's probably not going to help them a bit because both the Patriots and the Bengals are going to mail it in.
    Agreed. The Steelers have no one to blame but themselves for being in this predicament. If they even just beat one of those "bum *** teams" they lost to, then they'd just have to beat the Dolphins to get in without worrying about other teams losing.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody here in Indiana realizes that the Colts only lost to let the Jets in.
    ****ing idiots.
    Hidden Content

William Gay couldn't cover his grill.

Threads : 150

Agreed.

Although I do disagree somewhat that both the Pats and Bengals have nothing to play for. A win by the Bengals and a loss by the Pats gets the Bengals a 3 seed. Hey, it's only seeding, but you never know.

Threads : 691

That's pretty much it right there. I don't know why so many are getting so worked up about what the Colts did.The Steelers,coming off a Super Bowl win,went 2-4 in their division and 5-6 in their conference. That,right there is why they are in the position they'e in.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 12

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    [HIGH-LIGHT]The colts don't want to play the steelers[/HIGH-LIGHT]. Before their game started They knew that the bengals clinched their division and they knew the wild cards could be any 2 of the jets, steelers, ravens, texans, broncos. They knew that since cincy and NE won and that the ravens lost that bengals would have nothing to play for in week 17. They also knew that they would rather not have the steelers in the playoffs so they let the jets win.

Now why would NBC sched the cincy @ jets game for sunday night
    cause it could be a lame duck game...assuming pats beat texans steelers win and then it comes down to the jets winning and they are in vs if jets lose then we are in...do they want to stick it to the SB champs in the last game of the year? I think so.
    How would the Colts know that they would play the Steelers? If the Steelers even got in the playoffs, the Steelers would have had to go to Cincy or NE and win. They lost twice to Cincy and haven't beaten NE with Brady in NE ever. That reasoning is a stretch.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After the way this team has played this year, I would just be happy to be 9-7. Playoffs would be nice, but I'd much rather get there without needing help. If we were 1-15 last year, I could see *****ing about Indy, but we won the Super Bowl and we blew it vs 4 teams we should have crushed.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

They blew it versus 7 teams they should have crushed.

Threads : 3263

Ehhh... Folks are ****ed that the Colts sat their players.... If they had played all the starters and Manning broke a finger on a defender's helmet or Wayne tore an ACL or something, all those Colts fans would be *****ing about keeping them in the game.

... As a Steelers fan's point of view (me), we did it to ourselves. Can't ***** about outcomes when help was needed from another team... If we're not strong enough to get into the playoffs on our own merit, then so be it.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Manning is still a *****.

A primadonna *****.

I hope he is ****ed off enough at not having a perfect season that it carries over into bad blood and they go down quick.

Can't stand that guy.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Ehhh... Folks are ****ed that the Colts sat their players.... If they had played all the starters and Manning broke a finger on a defender's helmet or Wayne tore an ACL or something, all those Colts fans would be *****ing about keeping them in the game.
    ... As a Steelers fan's point of view (me), we did it to ourselves. Can't ***** about outcomes when help was needed from another team... If we're not strong enough to get into the playoffs on our own merit, then so be it.
    I'm not so sure about that. Yes, if the Colts were 13-1 and Manning got hurt in a meaningless game then the fans would be livid.

The Colts were 13-0 wrapped up the #1 seed and decided to play all their starters against Jacksonville on 4 days rest. They then played all their starters well into the 3rd quarter and yanked them up by 5 points against the Jets. What ****ing message does that send to the fans? You have them believe you are going for immortality so they fill the stadium then when they get there you pull the starters and the chance at perfection from underneath them. That's bull**** in my opinion.

If 16-0 was not your goal why play against the Jags, why play against the Jets? The fans and players deserved the chance to play for perfection regardless of the consequences. I personally can accept injury, if the injury occurs while trying to accomplish something that will forever stand in the NFL record books. This is a record that can't be beat only tied and they were that close. Winning a Super Bowl has been done 43 times. It's nothing new. Having a chance to go 19-0 when you are this close, and giving up is inexcusable and someone should be held accountable in the Colts organization if this backfires and they don't win the Super Bowl. Resting doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl and we all know what happens to the Colts when they rest, they lose. Besides Manning hasn't missed a game in 12 years. I don't know the math off hand but the chances he got hurt in the last game and half is probably less then 1%.

I am really curious to see how the Colts handle Mannings 12 year consecutive starts streak this week in Buffalo. You tell the Colts fans thsi week records are unimportant and you don't want to risk injury especially when the real season starts in two weeks but you put Manning out there to keep his record alive while risking injury. If I am a Colts fan I am livid with this organization.

I can tell you if the Steelers ever made it to 14-0 and we pulled that **** I would go ballistic just like the Colts fans. I buy the Steelers ****, I watch their games, I fill the stadium, I buy concessions. To have management make a decision like that with history on the line would not sit well with me one bit.

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    I can tell you if the Steelers ever made it to 14-0 and we pulled that **** I would go ballistic just like the Colts fans. I buy the Steelers ****, I watch their games, I fill the stadium, I buy concessions. To have management make a decision like that with history on the line would not sit well with me one bit.
    I agree in this regard.... Folks pay top-dollar for tickets to watch a product that is intentionally "less" than it should be is bull****.... I dunno man, tough call... Not that I agree with their decision to sit, but we've seen that 18-0 doesn't mean anything unless you get #19... Then again, so much for their momentum and "indestructible attitude"... Hell, they usually falter in the playoffs anyway.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have a problem with the Colts focusing on the Lombardi as the primary objective, but why sit your starters for what, a quarter and lose the game? Especially if Manning isn't seeing a lot of pressure which is what I understand was the case.

There's also a lot to be said about being field ready. Hoge said it on one of those ESPN sports shows, you can get pretty rusty sitting out games.

Anyway, ****um. Dolphins still hold the record.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have a problem with the Colts focusing on the Lombardi as the primary objective, but why sit your starters for what, a quarter and lose the game? Especially if Manning isn't seeing a lot of pressure which is what I understand was the case.

There's also a lot to be said about being field ready. Hoge said it on one of those ESPN sports shows, you can get pretty rusty sitting out games.

Anyway, ****um. Dolphins still hold the record.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information