Thread: starters

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Default starters

lewis said he willl only rest players who need rest_imo. i think they would want to knock jets out now and not look bad on national t.v .when a team isn,t exactly playing well the last thing they want to do is rest. its not like there indy.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: starters

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lewis said he willl only rest players who need rest_imo. i think they would want to knock jets out now and not look bad on national t.v .when a team isn,t exactly playing well the last thing they want to do is rest. its not like there indy.
    Let's hope so. The Bengals are going to need every starter they can get on the field. The Jets defense is far superior to the Bengals offense. The stop the run well and Revis will cover Ochostinko like a blanket. The only thing we might have in our favor for the Bengals to win is that their defense has been overachieving this year and Sanchez loves to throw himself some interceptions.

Gonna be a close game. Can go either way.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the bengals will win because of better QB play. The rb combo of Benson and LJ is superior as well.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 34
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree, I don't think Cincy can afford to give their guys a break...its not like they are a finely tuned team...they need all the work they can get, and I think they will want to look good on National TV. Especially Ocho****o.
    The only player in the NHL more overpaid than MAF is Jordan Staal

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    I think the bengals will win because of better QB play. The rb combo of Benson and LJ is superior as well.
    Not really... The Jets have the BEST rushing offense in the league. They've gone completely under the radar with their running game but they are averaging about 30 yards more per game than the Bengals and .4 yards per carry more and have a better O-Line for sure.

The Bengals have the top rushing defense, the Jets are 9th but the Jets are allowing 3.7 yards per carry and the Bengals 3.6. The Bengals are 15 yards better per game than the Jets run defense, but it doesn't offset or equal the disparity between both teams run offenses.

I agree that the Bengals have the better and safer QB but the Jets have the far better secondary and passing defense. The Jets have the #1 pass defense in the entire league, the Bengals have the 14th. The Jets are only allowing around 163 passing yards per game and the Bengals somewhere around 210. That's a big gap not to mention the very low 5.5 yards per pass given up by the Jets to the Bengals 6.4 yards per pass. Big time gaps. Both teams have bad passing offenses that are ranked in the bottom half of the league and both passing offenses are averaging virtually the same yards per pass play... which means the Bengals are averaging more passing yards per game because they are throwing more than the Jets. That's not going to make up the gap with pass defenses.

The Jets are superior to the Bengals in most facets and in which the Jets aren't, they are either even or not enough to make up a difference somewhere else...

The only thing that will help the Bengals is INT's. The Jets have thrown 21 to the Bengals 12. They are real close in fumbles, but Carson isn't making the mistakes passing where Sanchez has killed the Jets a couple times this year. Let's hope for a bad game from Sanchez. Root for the older USC alumni

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nice info, thanks. I'll be sweating it a little more now as I follow the game:
    I will root for palmer.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    Nice info, thanks. I'll be sweating it a little more now as I follow the game:
    I will root for palmer.
    It really is close across the board with both teams. Both can stop the run, both rely heavily on the run, both don't pass the ball well, both won't pass very well in this game. It'll come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes and in which case this season, that's been the Bengals, but anything can happen...

Like was mentioned elsewhere... The Bengals play late in this game now... if the Patriots win, the Bengals can't improve on their seeding and Lewis could bench starters at some point into the game since it won't matter at that point. If The Patriots somehow lose... then the Bengals will have something to play for (a higher seed)

Threads : 3263

Rather ironic... Three years ago, they needed us to lose (allbeit to them) so as to get into the playoffs. Now, we are relying on them to win (with other factors as well) for us to get into the playoffs.

... Well... OK... It's not that ironic at all...

I'm just having difficulty getting my heart into all the scenerios at this point... For me, at least, I'll just watch and enjoy our game in Miami. If by mid/late afternoon the possibility still remains, then I'll start considering it. The stark reality of this possibly being the last Steelers game to view for several months is rather unpleasant.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    It really is close across the board with both teams. Both can stop the run, both rely heavily on the run, both don't pass the ball well, both won't pass very well in this game. It'll come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes and in which case this season, that's been the Bengals, but anything can happen...

Like was mentioned elsewhere... The Bengals play late in this game now... if the Patriots win, the Bengals can't improve on their seeding and Lewis could bench starters at some point into the game since it won't matter at that point. If The Patriots somehow lose... then the Bengals will have something to play for (a higher seed)
    ya, but wouldn,t you think they would just what to get them out of the way in case they have to play em again.

Threads : 34

ya, but wouldn,t you think they would just what to get them out of the way in case they have to play em again.
    Yeah, I would think the Bengals would want to eliminate the Jets if they could, They dont want to play them in the playoffs, so I gotta believe they will do their best to eliminate the Jets right now and be done with them.
    The only player in the NHL more overpaid than MAF is Jordan Staal

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Rather ironic... Three years ago, they needed us to lose (allbeit to them) so as to get into the playoffs. Now, we are relying on them to win (with other factors as well) for us to get into the playoffs.

... Well... OK... It's not that ironic at all...

I'm just having difficulty getting my heart into all the scenerios at this point... For me, at least, I'll just watch and enjoy our game in Miami. If by mid/late afternoon the possibility still remains, then I'll start considering it. The stark reality of this possibly being the last Steelers game to view for several months is rather unpleasant.
    Yeah, I think the possibilities are pretty slim as well. Once the colts threw in the towel, that really hurt our chances and I also thought the Dolhpins could beat the Texans as well.

This final week, you don't know who is going to pull startersm, who is going to play to give a **** and who won't. There's so many determining factors outside of just who needs to win and lose

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information