Thread: Dolphins' Pat White OK; possible minor concussion

Threads : 691

Default Dolphins' Pat White OK; possible minor concussion

I know this probably belongs in the N.F.L. section but since this scary moment happened in today's Steeler game I wanted more to see it,move it when you see fit.

Dolphins' Pat White OK; possible minor concussion
    Sunday, January 03, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins quarterback Pat White apparently sustained no more than a concussion after he was knocked unconscious in the third quarter when hit by Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor.

White, a rookie from WVU, was carted off the field on a board with his helmet still on his head and taken to a local hospital for observation. He had movement in his arms and legs and was talking to medical personnel along the sideline.

Medical personnel who attended to him said he looked to be fine but that he had a concussion and he was taken off the field on a board for cautionary reasons.

White started the second half because Dolphins starting quarterback Chad Henne sustained an eye injury late in the first half. White was injured in the third quarter.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10003...#ixzz0bb3HVMFY
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 1

Default Re: Dolphins' Pat White OK; possible minor concussion

This is awesome news; not that he has a concussion, but that it appears he will be okay. He was out before he hit the ground; that was a big hit Ike gave him.

I hope all is well with him, I hate injuries of any type, but, that was a particularly scary one.

Papillon

sjdrewk

That is great news. I actually felt bad for White.....however, I was furious for that ****face Dan Deirdork calling it a helmet to helmet hit initially. ****face, it was clean and a legal shoulder on shoulder hit. Deirdork.

Threads : 122

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is great news. I actually felt bad for White.....however, I was furious for that ****face Dan Deirdork calling it a helmet to helmet hit initially. ****face, it was clean and a legal shoulder on shoulder hit. Deirdork.
    You must really hate ESPN then. Their headline to get to the article on it states 'Dolphins White OK; Hurt in helmet to helmet hit'

http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4795128

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    You must really hate ESPN then. Their headline to get to the article on it states 'Dolphins White OK; Hurt in helmet to helmet hit'

http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4795128
    Yep, it's called irresponsible journalism....and I use the term "journalism" loosely when it comes to ESPN.....even that ***** Dan Deirdork later on said Taylor was just doing his job. ****ers probably didn't bother watching the play. I did. four times. Ike hit him with his shoulder. Poor White lowered his shoulders into Ike too. It was just an accident.

Threads : 122

It is ****ing IMPOSSIBLE for helmets not to collide. So an offensive player can sprint right at a defensive player and lower his head, but if the defensive player does the same thing it is a flag? It is a bull**** rule.

Take the helmets off and see who wants to lower their head and charge at other players

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    It is ****ing IMPOSSIBLE for helmets not to collide. So an offensive player can sprint right at a defensive player and lower his head, but if the defensive player does the same thing it is a flag? It is a bull**** rule.

Take the helmets off and see who wants to lower their head and charge at other players
    Exactly, it is impossible for helmets not to contact....as in the case with yesterdays Ike and White play. They hit shoulders and then in the impact, the helmets hit each other. But Ike never went in with his helmet, look at the play, he consciously goes into White with his shoulder to White's shoulder, not with his helmet. **** those hack's at ESPN, they will print anything just to get a reaction whether its accurate or not.

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

thanks for the post, i was wondering and worried about him. looked pretty bad at the time.

Threads : 691

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    thanks for the post, i was wondering and worried about him. looked pretty bad at the time.
    No problem.I put it here instead of the N.F.L. section because I thought many would be interested in his condition,and I knew it would get more views here.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information