Thread: Gonch is a -5

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Gonch is a -5

I saw this today and was shocked. Tough to be a negative on a team that has 1 loss in 6 games, let alone -5. How the **** is that happening? gonch hasn't looked bad at all either. Him and Orpik are a solid pairing, don't get minuses for allowing goals on a penalty kill......

No good explanation for this one
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Gonch is a -5

Umm wow, I had no idea about that either. It is pretty puzzling. I did read somewhere yesterday that he said he is just getting over a nasty cold or some virus or something that had been bothering him for about a month. I don't think that -5 will last too long.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I saw this today and was shocked. Tough to be a negative on a team that has [HIGH-LIGHT]1 loss in 6 games[/HIGH-LIGHT], let alone -5. How the **** is that happening? gonch hasn't looked bad at all either. Him and Orpik are a solid pairing, don't get minuses for allowing goals on a penalty kill......

No good explanation for this one
    Very bad stat. But this part.....this part(hi-lighted above) is what makes me take the -5 and kinda just.....let...it...go...away.

.....I'm a bottom-line type....bottom line: 5-1

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    Umm wow, I had no idea about that either. It is pretty puzzling. I did read somewhere yesterday that he said he is just getting over a nasty cold or some virus or something that had been bothering him for about a month. I don't think that -5 will last too long.
    It shouldn't. Plus/Minus can change pretty quickly but I was still surprised that he had a -5. Flu can beat the energy out of guys

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    Very bad stat. But this part.....this part(hi-lighted above) is what makes me take the -5 and kinda just.....let...it...go...away.

.....I'm a bottom-line type....bottom line: 5-1
    Right. That's pretty much it. If you have someone carrying a -5 and your record is 6-1 (better record than i had put down) then something is going right. It's a bigger concern when you're losing and guys have those numbers. Doesn't mean that the defensive player is all at fault either, since Plus/Minus is a sketchy type of stat. Gonch could have good positioning on someone and someone else blows a play and he can get a "-"

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Right. That's pretty much it. If you have someone carrying a -5 and your record is 6-1 (better record than i had put down) then something is going right. It's a bigger concern when you're losing and guys have those numbers. Doesn't mean that the defensive player is all at fault either, since Plus/Minus is a sketchy type of stat. Gonch could have good positioning on someone and someone else blows a play and he can get a "-"
    Yes, totally. But at the same time in the back of your mind you still kind of hang onto that -5 because we are never sure if the -5 is a symptom of some larger problem. But hey, he is -5 and the Pens are 6-1 so something is really right in our world! Why worry? Be happy. I have heard that said before!

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information