Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Google Chrome

      
  1. #1
    tocchet92's Avatar
    Status : tocchet92 is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 19, 2009
    Posts : 1,383
    Threads : 138
    Last Online : Jul-14-2012 @ 11:09 AM

    Default Google Chrome

    I just started using Google Chrome. This is my first post using it...

    I was using FireFox. Chrome is much faster although some things take a little getting used to...

    I like it so far.

    Anyone else using Chrome? Any opinions on Chrome vs FireFox vs IE vs Safari etc??

  2. #2
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    I've been using Chrome for about 2 months now.MUCH better and faster than IE.

  3. #3
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    I gotta make the switch from I.E. to something better.........
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  4. #4
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gotta make the switch from I.E. to something better.........
    This would be better than IE......



  5. #5
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Rather disturbing that you have hamster pics on-hand for posting.....

    .............................
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  6. #6
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rather disturbing that you have hamster pics on-hand for posting.....

    .............................
    What??Its not like I shove them up my *** or anything.I'm not Kipper for crying out loud.

  7. #7
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What??Its not like I shove them up my *** or anything.I'm not Kipper for crying out loud.
    So you say... Yea, so you say...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  8. #8
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you say... Yea, so you say...
    I have NEVER done that.....................may have thought about it once or twice,though.

  9. #9
    buzzyboop
    buzzyboop's Avatar
    Status :
    Rank : Guest

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    New Firefox 3.6 picks up speed, but not yet faster than Chrome. Don't like Google's intrusions however, will stick with Firefox due to privacy concerns.

  • #10
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Status : Jeremy is offline
    Rank : Waterboy
    Join Date : Oct 30, 2009
    Posts : 228
    Threads : 5
    Last Online : May-10-2011 @ 03:00 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Chrome is fine if you're OK with the idea that Google is watching everything you do online and pushing products and services based on your browsing. Safari is the best browser I've used.
    Hidden Content

    Who needs the USC song girls?

  • #11
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Status : Skeeter is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Sharon, PA
    Posts : 5,322
    Threads : 1632
    Last Online : May-17-2015 @ 02:45 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chrome is fine if you're OK with the idea that Google is watching everything you do online and pushing products and services based on your browsing.
    Yea Chrome is fast, but... I agree with Jer above. I even deleted the updater for my Google toolbar as it acts like a trojan otherwise. I use Firefox 3.6 with a proxy plugin for both speed and privacy. I use IE 8 for vids ( IE runs vids better than fox for some reason) and for the wife who hates to learn new net stuff. Safari is for those used to the Mac browser.
    Last edited by Skeeter; Jan-15-2010 at 12:21 PM.

  • #12
    tocchet92's Avatar
    Status : tocchet92 is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 19, 2009
    Posts : 1,383
    Threads : 138
    Last Online : Jul-14-2012 @ 11:09 AM

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Does anybody find Chrome's lack of a dropdown list of recently visited sites annoying?

    I don't bookmark every site that I visit regularly, so now I have to type in the url of anything not bookmarked when using Chrome.

  • #13
    SteelCar86's Avatar
    Status : SteelCar86 is offline
    Rank : Minor Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 19, 2009
    Location : Detroit, Michigan
    Posts : 728
    Threads : 9
    Last Online : Sep-16-2013 @ 08:21 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by tocchet92 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anybody find Chrome's lack of a dropdown list of recently visited sites annoying?

    I don't bookmark every site that I visit regularly, so now I have to type in the url of anything not bookmarked when using Chrome.
    Yes, I agree. But I like the new tab page with the icons of recently visited pages you can click on. Much like a Denny's menu. "Oooh picture"

  • #14
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzyboop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Firefox 3.6 picks up speed, but not yet faster than Chrome. Don't like Google's intrusions however, will stick with Firefox due to privacy concerns.
    The speed has been a lot better although, it sucks using RC1's. I've already found some bugs

    The difference with Chrome and the other browsers is that each of Google Chromes tabs acts as a seperate process, where all of the other browsers are all in one. So it's not that Google being "lightweight" is making a speed difference, they just split all of their processes up which works great for individual tabs but if your RAM on your PC is small and you have a couple programs and Google open... it's all going to operate just as slow since all of those seperate process still add up

  • #15
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Google Chrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This would be better than IE......


    I was sooo ready to create an account called "Les's Hamster" and post from his perspective Someone did that years ago on a music board I was part of an ran. One dude had a pet hamster, so someone created an account with the name of that hamster, had an avatar of a hamster face and posted in a small text small text like this and posted from the Hamster's perspective. Used to have me in tears cracking up. Sweetchuck might remember it.

  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Quick Reply Quick Reply

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Members who have read this thread: 0

    There are no members to list at the moment.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •