Thread: Charlie Morton - The Musician

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Charlie Morton - The Musician

http://www.myspace.com/charliemortonmusic

Not great music but always cool to see athletes doing some music.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 197

Default Re: Charlie Morton - The Musician

I think I was the first person in the Pirates online community to discover this last night when I posted it at the old board. Seems to be turning up all over the place now. It's even linked on Mondesi's House.

I love how Morton doesn't even acknowledge that he's a baseball player on the page there. Guy's got his picking up chicks strategy down. He acts all quiet and unimpressed by his baseball career, then does this so he's that mysterious quiet guy with a sensitive side. It's all just part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I was the first person in the Pirates online community to discover this last night when I posted it at the old board. Seems to be turning up all over the place now. It's even linked on Mondesi's House.

I love how Morton doesn't even acknowledge that he's a baseball player on the page there. Guy's got his picking up chicks strategy down. He acts all quiet and unimpressed by his baseball career, then does this so he's that mysterious quiet guy with a sensitive side. [HIGH-LIGHT]It's all just part of the plan[/HIGH-LIGHT].
    Yeah it is. I thought that too when i checked out his myspace. The lack of mentioning that he's a baseball player, just him and his music and snagging chicks. Very suave

Threads : 122

Morton must pull some major tail.

'I loved your show Charlie, is this your full time job'?

'Nah, I play baseball for the Pittsburgh Pirates'.

I was googling around to see if Lastings Milledge was still messing around with rapping or whatever, but it seems he has distanced himself from that.

Threads : 197

Not related to his musical abilities or anything, but since this topic is back up here I thought I should say that I think Morton is a very important piece in the rotation this year. He has strikeout-type stuff, and if he can manage to put it together this season and find some consistency with his velocity and control he should probably be the team's best starter. It's a fairly big if, though.

Here's a quote from Morton in today's paper:

"The best thing about having such a young team was watching the group take on a responsibility that you find in a group of guys who've come to realize that they are the ones that make the difference. I started to see us as players who weren't just there to contribute, but were there to create a foundation."

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    Not related to his musical abilities or anything, but since this topic is back up here I thought I should say that I think Morton is a very important piece in the rotation this year. He has strikeout-type stuff, and if he can manage to put it together this season and find some consistency with his velocity and control he should probably be the team's best starter. It's a fairly big if, though.

Here's a quote from Morton in today's paper:

"The best thing about having such a young team was watching the group take on a responsibility that you find in a group of guys who've come to realize that they are the ones that make the difference. I started to see us as players who weren't just there to contribute, but were there to create a foundation."
    I agree. Morton has the best pure stuff on our starting staff. Just a matter of pulling it all together. I think all of this extra time with Dave Kerwin is going to help Morton out, much the same way we saw Kerwin mold Ohlendorf over a season last year.

Just 2 things that realy need to be seen from Morton and Ohlendorf....

1. Improvement against Lefties. Both have bloated "bad" numbers against lefties for whatever reason. Morton's splits there look much worse but it's just. Weird in general that BOTH of these guys last year faced more left handed hitters than righties as well

2. We ciykd say this about the entire team but they need to perform better on the road. the home/road splits last year were alarmingly dreadful. There's no good reason to point a finger at and it's not just a couple players, this entire team posts average-above average numbers at home and when they hit the road their numbers show the lousiest team in the majors by a long shot

Threads : 122

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I agree. Morton has the best pure stuff on our starting staff. Just a matter of pulling it all together. I think all of this extra time with Dave Kerwin is going to help Morton out, much the same way we saw Kerwin mold Ohlendorf over a season last year.

Just 2 things that realy need to be seen from Morton and Ohlendorf....

1. Improvement against Lefties. Both have bloated "bad" numbers against lefties for whatever reason. Morton's splits there look much worse but it's just. Weird in general that BOTH of these guys last year faced more left handed hitters than righties as well

2. We ciykd say this about the entire team but they need to perform better on the road. the home/road splits last year were alarmingly dreadful. There's no good reason to point a finger at and it's not just a couple players, this entire team posts average-above average numbers at home and when they hit the road their numbers show the lousiest team in the majors by a long shot
    Wonder how much the party gets notched up on the road by this very young group of players? When they hit the road does it turn into spring break I guess is my question.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Wonder how much the party gets notched up on the road by this very young group of players? When they hit the road does it turn into spring break I guess is my question.....
    I dunno... We don't exactly seem to have that overzealous type of team that you would have to worry about getting rowdy. I mean look at someone like Paul Maholm for instance. That's not someone that looks like they party, that looks like someone that sits in a room and plays with a rubik's cube

I really don't know what it is with the road splits but they are awful. I don't expect this team to become good or average on the road this year but AT LEAST don't be as bad as you were in 2009, that could go a long way to improvement this year. I mean guys like Maholm, Morton, Ohlendorf all had ERA's that were 2.00+ higher on the road. That type of split = a lot of loses. Not to mention that offensively nobody could hit on the road either

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information