Thread: Trouble on the set:'Spider-Man 4' delayed; Maguire, Raimi out

sjdrewk

Default Trouble on the set:'Spider-Man 4' delayed; Maguire, Raimi out

Hallelujah, Can't stand Tobey.....let the next Spider man be someone that isn't such a wimp and is worthy of being Spiderman....and for that matter, hopefully the next director doesn't take such liberties with straying from the comic book character and storylines.

'Spider-Man 4' delayed; Maguire, Raimi out
    Posted 23m ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |

More
    LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tobey Maguire is out as Peter Parker and Sam Raimi won't be returning as director when Spider-Man 4 hits theaters a year late in 2012.
    Sony Pictures said in a statement Monday that the movie was supposed to hit theaters in 2011 but has not yet gone into production amid rumors of trouble on the set.

Raimi said his work on the previous Spider-Man films was the experience of a lifetime, but acknowledged the studio was heading in a "new direction."

Sony said it would have more news about Spider-Man 4 in coming weeks.

The new movie will be based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on Peter Parker in high school.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    You might be interested in:

Threads : 30

Default Re: Trouble on the set:'Spider-Man 4' delayed; Maguire, Raimi out

Tobey confident over Spider-Man
    (UKPA) – 2 days ago

Tobey Maguire has insisted that fans shouldn't worry about Spider-Man 4 being delayed.

The film had been scheduled to hit cinemas in May 2011, but it seems unlikely now that Thor, another big-screen Marvel superhero adaptation, has hammered out the same release date.

Tobey said: "Like anything, it's a process, we're just in the midst of the process, we have a lot of great stuff in terms of story and script - we're just trying to dial it in and get it ready as quickly as possible."

He went on: "Of course, these movies are a very big undertaking and take a lot more time than a drama or something more straightforward."

Marvel Studios spokesman Paul Pflug declined to comment on reports that production had stalled amid script revisions.

Tobey, who has played Peter Parker in all three films, said the plan is to still release the movie in 2011, but wasn't more specific about the date.

But he said he was enthusiastic about Spidey's future, whatever the date.

"Not only do I have specific ideas, but the ideas are evolving on the page," he said. "It's all happening right now. It's all sort of coming together. It's very exciting to me. I think the evolution of the character is really exciting, to be rooted in the history of what we've done already and to have a continuity, yet have a progression or evolution."

Director Sam Raimi was undecided about returning to the franchise after the third movie, but said at the Cannes International Film Festival last year that he didn't like "thinking about a world where somebody else was making the Peter Parker story."

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Viz-id/Vigilancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (UKPA) – 2 days ago
    [HIGH-LIGHT]Posted 23m ago [/HIGH-LIGHT]| Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's a bit of a shame, but perhaps (since people were looking iffy in the first place) change was in the air anyway. I quite liked the conjecture about John Malkovic as the Vulture - the guy's starting to look like Adrian Toomes as it stands!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    [HIGH-LIGHT]Posted 23m ago [/HIGH-LIGHT]| Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |
    ~Snip~
    http://blog.taragana.com/e/2010/01/1...imi-out-79045/
    The three “Spider-Man” films continually snared moviegoers, earning over $1.1 billion combined. After glowing reaction to the first two films, critical response to “Spider-Man 3″ was so-so. Raimi said he was undecided about returning to the franchise after the third movie but later said he didn’t like thinking about somebody else making the Peter Parker story.

Sony said it would have more news about the next “Spider-Man” movie in coming weeks.
    http://www.thesunnews.com/584/story/1255670.html
    Sony said it would have more news about the next "Spider-Man" movie in coming weeks.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Viz-id/Vigilancer View Post
    ~Snip~
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Viz-id/Vigilancer
    (UKPA) – 2 days ago
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Viz-id/Vigilancer
    (UKPA) – 2 days ago
    [/B]
    I gotcha on the last [HIGH-LIGHT] .... posting[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    Most articles that I've found say that very same thing!!!!!!

No More Spidey For Tobey Maguire
    Jan. 12, 2010
    Sony said it would have more news about the next "Spider-Man" movie in coming weeks.

Threads : 0
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Won't see it if Maguire isn't in it! Toby IS SPIDERMAN!
    November is Here!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OK.... I'll make for an easy time for people to hate on me in this thread..

1. All of the Spider-Man movies ****ing SUCKED. If you're someone that judges a movie by how pretty it looks with the cgi... then The Spider-Man movies sucked because Toby Maquire is an AWFUL actor and so is Kristen Durnst. That they put someone that's not even that attractive like her into a role like this ****ed me off. You read the comic books and get this image and her ugliness was not it.

Willem Dafoe was the only credible part of Spider-Man.

speaking of awful actors... the new rumors is that they weird looking, iugly dude from the movie Twlight is going to play spider-man.... They're now just desperate to get someone with recent name recognition for interest than someone with talent that fits the part.

LEt the hating begin

Threads : 88

Casting Peter/Spidey could be tricky due to a dearth of actorsin the age bracket who can actually act. Jared Padalecki might be a good suggestion.

I also have to agree about Kirsten Dunst. Not the most sparling performances ever, usually delivered as if from an autocue. If I was reacting there, I'd opt for Laura Prepon.

There, problem solved. Villains for the flick: Since they seem to appear in mutliples per movie, time for the Vulture and the Lizard: Next movie would be Electro and Stegron and, if a further one were made, the Sinister Six. The movie possibilities for the Shocker, Scorpion et al would be groovy. Get all that extraneous plot stuff out of the way and go through an exploding city like a dose of salts.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post

1. All of the Spider-Man movies ****ing SUCKED. If you're someone that judges a movie by how pretty it looks with the cgi... then The Spider-Man movies sucked because Toby Maquire is an AWFUL actor and so is Kristen Durnst. That they put someone that's not even that attractive like her into a role like this ****ed me off. You read the comic books and get this image and her ugliness was not it.

speaking of awful actors... the new rumors is that they weird looking, iugly dude from the movie Twlight is going to play spider-man.... They're now just desperate to get someone with recent name recognition for interest than someone with talent that fits the part.

LEt the hating begin
    what hanging? I am in total agreement with you. I am glad Tobey the little ***** is out and Raimi isn't the director- Raimi took too many liberties with the Spider man franchise. First off, Peter Parker was a chick magnet and a brilliant student, not a sniveling little idiot that stumbled over himself over Mary Jane...which btw, wasn't Peter Parker's first love like they have you believe and he did not chase MJ, MJ chased Peter.

I hate the fact that Raimi made Peter's webbing abilities intravenous and not capitalize on Peter's brilliance and the fact that he created the web shooters. And then they turn around and change the story about how Peter's Uncle was killed. Why? There was no reason to change anything other than you can. Then they change the origins of the enemies of Spiderman. Why? That is such lazy writing and directing. It ****es me off that they royally screwed the SPiderman movies. It could have been done better and have been a great trilogy so far. Instead you get lousy acting, no way is Kristen Dunst Mary Jane and no way Tobey is Spider man and even worse story writing. ****ing unbelievable....every time these movies come on the Tv, I avoid them like they were the plague that they are.
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

sjdrewk

Marc Webb to direct next 'Spider-Man'

Buzz up!0 votes
    SendSharePrint
    Play VideoMovies Video:Sandie Talks To Stars Dennis Quaid & Paul Bettany CBS 11 Dallas
    Movies Video:Golden Globes Australia 7 News
    Play VideoMovies Video:'Avatar' rockets past 'Star Wars' at box office AP
    37 mins ago
    LOS ANGELES – Marc Webb has caught the job of "Spider-Man" director.
    Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios announced Tuesday that the "(500) Days of Summer" director will helm the next "Spider-Man" film following the departure of Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire, the director and star who worked on the previous three Spidey films. The fourth installment is set for a 2012 release and will focus on a younger version of the superhero.
    Webb said in a statement he was not taking over the series from Raimi but instead wanted the "opportunity for ideas, stories and histories that will add a new dimension, canvas and creative voice to 'Spider-Man.'" Webb previously directed music videos, including Green Day's "21 Guns" and The All-American Rejects' "Move Along."

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you're someone that judges a movie by how pretty it looks with the cgi... then
    but kipper, avatar was so great!!11one the cgi was amazing and beautiful! [/fanboy]
    Hidden Content

William Gay couldn't cover his grill.

Threads : 87

[HIGH-LIGHT]1. All of the Spider-Man movies ****ing SUCKED. If you're someone that judges a movie by how pretty it looks with the cgi... then The Spider-Man movies sucked because Toby Maquire is an AWFUL actor and so is Kristen Durnst. That they put someone that's not even that attractive like her into a role like this ****ed me off. You read the comic books and get this image and her ugliness was not it.[/HIGH-LIGHT]

LEt the hating begin
    Could not agree more. Maguire and Dunst are horrible!!!

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information