Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, lets fix this YP already

Threads : 47
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OK, lets fix this YP already

Obviously our #1 PP unit is sucking ***. The Team HAS to do something about it. We at least have to move Geno off the point. He is simply no good back their. I am a fan of playing both D on the PP, and we can use gogo/Gonch and Tanger/Eaton as our pairs. Get Geno playing forward and or split up Geno and Crosby. Try Rupp out front, just do something, anything.

What does everyone else think? I am sick of it. We are losing beaucoup points because of this and it has been going on way to long.

Threads : 35
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: OK, lets fix this YP already

That they dont know how to do anything when on the PP except look for a highlight goal, so with that fact, it will NEVER be fixed, and therefore, they should lose every ****in game for the rest of the year if they wanna play like a bunch of brainless ****in iditos!!!!!!!!
    formerly known as Eagle7187

Threads : 210

well this article saying (( Coaches not to blame for power play ))

The Penguins made the call to keep assistant coach Mike Yeo from joining the start of this five-city trip. Coach Dan Bylsma's next move should be to take Yeo off the power play.

It would be far better for Yeo to lose one of his responsibilities than something more valuable — and his recent three-day hospital stay because of an undisclosed medical condition is cause for concern that his health is at stake.

Something is at stake for Penguins superstar centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, as well.

They began Friday tied for 19th among NHL players with 14 power-play points, though Malkin missed seven games early in the season. Still, a combined 28 power-play points by two former scoring champions!

Watching his two highest-paid stars turn advantages into disappointment must be agonizing to majority co-owner Mario Lemieux, who turned power-play points into six scoring titles as a player.

Yeo is not the reason the Penguins began Saturday dead-last in the NHL at 14.4 percent on the power play after falling to 17 percent last season following a combined 19.8 percent from 2005-07. Neither is the absence of power-play quarterback Sergei Gonchar, who played in only 25 games last season and has missed 16 contests this year.

No, the problems date to early last season, when Malkin decided that he would follow Crosby's lead of freelancing on the power play at the first sign of trouble.

Hey, don't take my word for it. A rival penalty-killer recently confided that the Penguins' power play is now easy to defend when the puck is on the stick blade of either Crosby or Malkin because "they want to do their own thing."

I doubt Lemieux could convince them otherwise, let alone Yeo.

Yeo has tried, by the way.

I've watched too many practices to blame Yeo for this sickening power play. I've seen him work too many long days to hold anything but admiration for his commitment to fixing the power play's problem.

Players, not coaches, fix problems. With all due respect to Bylsma, he didn't score any goals or make any saves on the Penguins' run to the Stanley Cup last season.

Yeo can't design a power-play scheme that will prevent Crosby and/or Malkin from trying to make something out of nothing.

Yeo certainly shouldn't work himself sick trying, which I suspect he already has done.
    Last edited by Genofan#1; Jan-11-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Threads : 1817

That article sucked. Yeo is the problem, not the entire problem but he is the biggest and main problem. He is the reason why this Power Play is set up to do two things - 1. Point shot 2. Back door pass/shot. Why it is completely stationery when it gets set up, why there's no traffic in the crease, why it can't and doesn't pull defenders out of position, why there's no movement etc... Its Yeo's fault because this is Yeo's design and scheme.

We all watch the Power Play and ***** about them not shooting but logically and realistically, they aren't shooting because they have no open lanes to shoot the puck and they have no open lanes because of Yeo's **** poor design thaty doesn't require the PK to move. If Gonch or Geno shot the puck when we wanted them to, it getas blocked or is wide or high cause there's not a good shot..

So.... there's the big culprit right there at the end of that paragraph... The YP isn't and can't create shooting lanes

Threads : 29

Quote Originally Posted by PSmitty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We at least have to move Geno off the point. He is simply no good back their.
    We definitely need to ****can that "experiment". I'd go Gonch and Letang on the points.

I blew off the split Sid and Geno thinking at first but now think it's worth a shot. I mean how much worse can it be? Or put Geno in Sid's normal spot and have Sid move around behind and in front of the net. For CHrists sake try something.

Ok, now to be a lil more realistic... I think we should have the Cooke-Staal-Kennedy line with Gonach and Tanger on the back side start the PP, and just shoot and go to the net for rebounds and/or redirections.... oh wait, that is what most GOOD PP's do I forgot.

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7187 View Post
    Ok, now to be a lil more realistic... I think we should have the Cooke-Staal-Kennedy line with Gonach and Tanger on the back side start the PP, and just shoot and go to the net for rebounds and/or redirections.... oh wait, that is what most GOOD PP's do I forgot.
    not me... If you are going to go with the 2nd unit as the first unit, you have to keep Gopnchar off of it or that entire unit will do nothing but pass the puck around and try to get Gonchar a shot. That's a big problem with this YP now as it is. What's intriguing about the 2nd unit YP is that they are really gritty. They aren't a pretty bunch but I think that lack of prettiness and added grit is what makes them intriguing, simply because it's unique and a little different for PK's to handle

ok, then Gogo and Letang with the 2nd unit, but just shoot the puck and look for redirections and rebounds, forget this stupid highlight pretty play that the first unit only seems to want.

Threads : 210

what a ****ing piece of **** penglose is....

he got problem to post anything intelligent ( most of the peole want him gone and dont answer his post )

but he come overhere to steal topic and tranfert them on stillernation
    ( to try to bring interest in his post )

it's not for nothing as some people beleive (( not a hockey related but a guy on stillernation is saying as penglose have

GAS ( LOL ) GAS is genory , aids and syphilis
    Last edited by Genofan#1; Jan-12-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Threads : 1
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Genofan#1 View Post
    what a ****ing piece of **** penglose is....

he got problem to post anything intelligent ( most of the peole want him gone and dont answer his post )

but he come overhere to steal topic and tranfert them on stillernation
    ( to try to bring interest in his post )

it's not for nothing as some people beleive (( not a hockey related but a guy on stillernation is saying as penglose have

GAS ( LOL ) GAS is genory , aids and syphilis
    How are the moderators over there, Genofan?

Threads : 82

I don't even care at this point if they fix it or what needs to be done... ok well that isn't true I think they should be one of the top units in the league to be frank but right now I am not looking for results so much as for changes to be made. Not minor changes a big change. I don't want to get rid of any players so yeah just refer to the avatar. We need someone with fresh ideas and then go from there. Giving the #2 PP significant time is not a bad idea either. It is clear right now that this team is a whole lotta fail until this gets fixed. Forget everything else, PP needs fixed.

Seems like every year at some point you come to start seriously thinking the Pens won't make the playoffs. I am not sure I am there yet but I don't think they make it through one series the way they are. Then something miraculously happens to the team once you start thinking that lol I pray to god it happens once again tho and I don't even believe in god. The Steelers ****ed away a season I don't want to see the Penguins do the same.

Threads : 1

I'd try Eagles theory. What makes a unit number 1? Whatever it is, they ain't right now.

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Since every opponents PK units have different strengths and weaknesses... it would seem logical to me that the YP should adapt to those strengths and weaknesses. But the Pens just throw the same unit out there and say, "Try to stop us!" .....Well we've all seen how that philosophy is working.

Every "game-day" scouting report should include a "game specific" YP plan, geared towards exploiting opponents PK and goalie weaknesses. I think that would be Mike Yeo's job? My guess is that the Pens aren't even considering the opponent in their strategy.
    Last edited by (419)BlackNGold; Jan-12-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Threads : 40

Ray will make a trade, the Power Play is vital in the playoffs and as is will not suffice. I will predict they will find a way to add. I predict now it will be Martin St. Louis. They will find a way to get him under the cap.

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Personally I would like to see 2 power play units. Give each unit a minute each depending how fresh they are. Id like to see right handed shots on both units aswell as guys like Rupp/Staal who will get dirty infront of the net. Have the D on there opposite side where they can work onetimers. Have the centers(Sid and Geno) on the half boards the righties (Billy and TfK) on the side/front of the net and the other 2 winger (Staal and Rupp) right in the goalies face. Just a thought. If you dont like it kiss my newbie ***

Billy Sid Rupp TFK Malkin Staal
    Tanger Gonch Gogo Eaton
    ďItís a game of emotion, itís a game of hard work.
    Itís a game of passion, Kovalchuk, what he did the other day Ė thereís not one guy who was close to doing something. Maybe Maxime Talbot at the end with one second left. Hes about 5ft8 pfft"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information