Thread: Caputi out ? ? ?

Threads : 210

Default Caputi out ? ? ?

According to Shelly Anderson at PG+, it looks like Luca Caputi (right, with the great Martin Skoula) was the odd man out at today's morning skate.

The lines were as follows:

Dupuis-Crosby-Guerin

Fedotenko-Malkin-Talbot

Cooke-Staal-Kennedy

Rupp-Adams-Godard

There's also more information on some significant changes on the power play at PG+.

why is it as Bylsma change the line more as M.T WAS DOING???

With the Flames, forward Jamie Lundmark was recalled from Abbottsford of the AHL, a day after being demoted. Their projected lines according to the Calgary Herald:

Jamie Lundmark-Olli Jokinen-Jarome Iginla

Rene Bourque-Daymond Langkow-Nigel Dawes

Curtis Glencross-Eric Nystrom-David Moss

Brandon-Prust/Fredrik Sjostrom-Dustin Boyd-Brian McGrattan

http://community.post-gazette.com/bl...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by Genofan#1; Jan-13-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Caputi out ? ? ?

I thought Caputi was going to stick around but I guess they are just keeping him as an extra guy until they get back into town.

Geno gets what he wants on the PP he better ****ing do something with the opportunity. I don't have my hopes up.

I never had a problem with MT switching up the lines and I don't have a problem with Bylsma doing it either. He seems to have the knack of getting the right combo out there at key times. Wish he would be liberal with the PP too tho. I am not going to knitpick about our forwards right now. The problem with the team is PP. Not sure why I have been hearing the old "we need a scoring winger" pop up again. That is far from our problem right now.

i am happy as M.T. is gone .But i remember a lots of guy was *****ing because Therrien was switching line . Funny Bylsma is doing the same ****ing stuff and nobody say anything ( just saying )

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My buddy who lives in Calgary attended there practice today and Caputi wasnt on a line.
    ďItís a game of emotion, itís a game of hard work.
    Itís a game of passion, Kovalchuk, what he did the other day Ė thereís not one guy who was close to doing something. Maybe Maxime Talbot at the end with one second left. Hes about 5ft8 pfft"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Genofan#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i am happy as M.T. is gone .But i remember a lots of guy was *****ing because Therrien was switching line . Funny Bylsma is doing the same ****ing stuff and nobody say anything ( just saying )

I understand what your saying. But Dan has a longer leash then MT for the obvious reasons. If we keep playing the way we are im sure alot of attitudes will change.
    ďItís a game of emotion, itís a game of hard work.
    Itís a game of passion, Kovalchuk, what he did the other day Ė thereís not one guy who was close to doing something. Maybe Maxime Talbot at the end with one second left. Hes about 5ft8 pfft"

Yeah I know, I wasn't one of them tho. Truth is everyone was sick of MT that is why people where *****ing and wanted him gone. He did a lot of good for the team tho. It was worth it to have him because he taught them defense then when Danny came in he let them loose which is what they needed. Don't worry if this team keeps playing like they are then people will be *****ing about every little thing Dan does too.

SOFF DEFENSE

Max on Malkin line !!! what disco Dan smoking ? ? ? Max play like my old gran-ma right

and they were saying as his injury still bother him...

Threads : 29

Max on Malkin line !!! what disco Dan smoking ? ? ? Max play like my old gran-ma right

So is Malkin.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Yeah I know, I wasn't one of them tho. Truth is everyone was sick of MT that is why people where *****ing and wanted him gone. He did a lot of good for the team tho. It was worth it to have him because he taught them defense then when Danny came in he let them loose which is what they needed. Don't worry if this team keeps playing like they are then people will be *****ing about every little thing Dan does too.
    I was one of them.

Reason being is that Therrien's ONLY answer for anything was to switch lines. to make it worse, Therrien would juggle lines 3-5 times per game and all he ended up doing was killing any sort of chemistry that could be found because he couldn't make or refused to make adjustments to his crappy system and scheme.

I think right now, Bylsma is trying to find something that jump starts Malkin. I really don't think Talbot or Caputi or Guerin or whoever else Bylsma has tried recently on Malkin's wing is going to make a difference. Malkin just looks mentally off. I'd personally keep Caputi there, let him develop some chemistry, allow some proper adjustment time into the NHL etc...

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

and they were saying as his injury still bother him...
    injury bothering Max? Yeah, definitely. He's looked like half the player he was last season since coming back from his injury. It's like we've gotten back the "soff" Max Talbot. Take away the heart and energy and Talbot is useless... which he's been this season....

but... remember, Talbot was supposed to be the 2nd line wing for Geno but the injury and after the injury has kinda side tracked that idea.

I don't see any injury with Malkin. He just doesn't seem mentally into it. He'll break out of it, but pairing Max with Geno wasn't going to hurt anything. The idea is to hopefully get some life and a pulse out of both players

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I was one of them.

Reason being is that Therrien's ONLY answer for anything was to switch lines. to make it worse, Therrien would juggle lines 3-5 times per game and all he ended up doing was killing any sort of chemistry that could be found because he couldn't make or refused to make adjustments to his crappy system and scheme.

I think right now, Bylsma is trying to find something that jump starts Malkin. I really don't think Talbot or Caputi or Guerin or whoever else Bylsma has tried recently on Malkin's wing is going to make a difference. Malkin just looks mentally off. I'd personally keep Caputi there, let him develop some chemistry, allow some proper adjustment time into the NHL etc...
    Yeah I know you *****ed about it. It was confusing at times but I think it paid off at certain times towards the end of the season and the playoffs with injuries or whatever the situation each player is comfortable with playing with anyone on the team. No need to argue that really, just my opinion and the guy is gone anyway so it's irrelevant. I do agree that he wasn't very good with in game adjustments, he is a lot like your buddy Arians in a lot of ways

Back to Caputi yeah I thought it seemed to me like Malkin enjoyed playing with him at least that first game. I think it has to do with politics more than anything. You can't keep Max off the ice the whole season without possibly creating issues in the locker room. Maybe you could rotate him with Godard or Adams for a while. Put Max back centering the 4th line, sorry Max.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Maybe you could rotate him with Godard or Adams for a while. Put Max back centering the 4th line, sorry Max.
    I like the idea of Mad Max between Adams and Rupp. Let Caputi wing Geno for a few games, at least.

Threads : 1

I thought Caputi brought energy to that line.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information