Thread: Fleury Hurt

Threads : 61
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Fleury Hurt

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=513774

Breaking News: Fleury Day-to-Day With Fractured FingerFriday, 01.15.2010 / 5:20 PM / Features By Jason Seidling Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury did not practice today in Vancouver and is day-to-day with a fractured left ring finger.

The injury occured in the Penguins' 3-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday. Fleury remained in the game and made 33 saves on 35 shots to pick up the victory.

Fleury, 24, has appeared in 41 games this season for the Penguins, posting a 25-14-1 record to go with a 2.60 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage. His 25 wins rank fourth in the National Hockey League through Friday.

Just what we need. We finally start winning again and this.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Fleury Hurt

That musta been what he went over to get the band-aid for during the game yesterday.

This really ****ing sucks...

no time table on time he could miss?

Threads : 206

Definately bad news! ....Maybe the Pens will rally around this and step their game up!!!

Fractured finger is not all that bad. It may be a little worse for him being a goalie, but I don't know, I never was one. I just know in my peronal history, a fractured finger has never been that bad...he could very well play against Vancouver.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fractured finger is not all that bad. It may be a little worse for him being a goalie, but I don't know, I never was one. I just know in my peronal history, a fractured finger has never been that bad...he could very well play against Vancouver.
    That is what I am thinking. Hopefully he won't miss any time or very little at least.

Threads : 2

Believe it or not your fingers take a pretty hard beating playing goal. I can remember countless times playing where I thought every bone in my hand was broken after snagging a really hard shot . The glove technology today is so amazing and guys hands are so well protected from pretty much any puck action they face it makes you wonder if he was injured by a shot or possibly something like a stick to the back of the glove/hand where there is really no protection at all.

I figure MAF well be wearing a splint or have his fingers taped together for a bit till the busted one heals. IMO it would be near impossible to properly wear and work a trapper let alone keep it on his hand with either of those treatments. Amazing how an injury that appears so minor can hamper an athlete like that. Also with Brent Johnson injured and MAF on the shelf.. who is gonna backup Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Believe it or not your fingers take a pretty hard beating playing goal. I can remember countless times playing where I thought every bone in my hand was broken after snagging a really hard shot . The glove technology today is so amazing and guys hands are so well protected from pretty much any puck action they face it makes you wonder if he was injured by a shot or possibly something like a stick to the back of the glove/hand where there is really no protection at all.

I figure MAF well be wearing a splint or have his fingers taped together for a bit till the busted one heals. IMO it would be near impossible to properly wear and work a trapper let alone keep it on his hand with either of those treatments. Amazing how an injury that appears so minor can hamper an athlete like that. Also with Brent Johnson injured and MAF on the shelf.. who is gonna backup Curry?
    I kinda figured it might be like that, which is why I wasn't sure what to think. I've played baseball and basketball with broken fingers and it's not all that bad especially since they were my left hand. Yeah, snagging line drives stung a bit more, but wasn't unbearable.

Threads : 34

Wow, Curry Sucks, now I know why the Pens signed Johnson.
    The only player in the NHL more overpaid than MAF is Jordan Staal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information