Thread: COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

This is tremendous!....

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

Pretty funny and true.

I had no idea that there was the entire Gossip Girl fan vs. fan **** going on behind the scenes with this.

Personally, NBC ****ed up royally by deciding years ago to take Leno off the air and then believing that Conan was a viable option as a replacement. Conan's never been funny unless he was writing for SNL back in the day. He's never done well int he ratings.... It figures that a channel like NBC that hasn't made many good television show decisions this decade would **** this one up as well

In the end, NBC just spent $30 some million to save it's *** in the late night ratings where Letterman was killing Conan by nearly double the viewers.

i saw something in the paper today. they mentioned that Leno was drawing about the same or similar ratings for his show as he did when he was host of the Tonight show... but since he was now in a primetime spot going up against shows like The Mentalist etc... those numbers were no longer good enough. I'm failing to figure out how NBC figured that Leno would triple his Tonight Show ratings moving into the 10 o'clock slot? Dumb ****s

I guess I'm "old school" because I liked Jonny Carson... And I used to watch Letterman, but have gone away from that as well...

Either way, I thought this vid was funny as hell!... Dan Patrick's "poll question" on his show today was; "Conan or Leno?".... Suprisingly, Conan won by 80%.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I'm "old school" because I liked Jonny Carson... And I used to watch Letterman, but have gone away from that as well...

Either way, I thought this vid was funny as hell!... Dan Patrick's "poll question" on his show today was; "Conan or Leno?".... Suprisingly, Conan won by 80%.
    Yeah... people are using the sympathy "Conan got ****ed by NBC so that automatically makes him better". Like this guy said If it were true, Conan's ratings wouln't have been half of Letterman's and more than half of what Leno's 10pm show was.

Truth is... nobody watched Conan. The guy is too "weird" for that prime spot. His comedy style is too out there for people to get. Letterman is very dry and an acquired taste for many which is why Leno and is simple stand up approach worked. It worked for Carson, since johnny was very similar with a little more slapstick in his routine

Threads : 82

I don't watch those shows at all anymore but I was a fan of letterman when he was on NBC and I never really migrated with him, I started watching Connan. I think he is really funny, maybe it is a matter of taste or maybe he isn't funny anymore? It has been years since I have watched any of their shows. I know one thing for sure Leno is the least funny / entertaining of all of them but he has a nice car collection.

Even if he's not your cup 'o joe, this is awesome for anyone who's even been screwed by their employer...

Just wait a second or two for the ad to go away, or click the small black-lettered "close" in the upper right corner... Then watch as normal...

Last edited by Palmetto Steel; Jan-23-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information