Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asham accuses Cooke....

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Asham accuses Cooke....

Wow...

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/flyers/

Flyers right wing Arron Asham has accused Penguins forward Matt Cooke of biting him during a third period scrum. Asham told a small group of reporters following the Flyersí 2-1 loss to the Penguins that while he was pulling Cooke off teammate Scott Hartnell, Cooke bit his finger.
    Here is Ashamís account:

There was a scrum, I grabbed him. There were two guys on Harts and my glove got tangled in his mouth and he bit me, so I lost it.

Itís not bad, but heís a gutless guy. I have no respect for him at all. I lined up against him and asked him to fight and he didnít want to. If you go and bite someone Ö I just have no use for him.

He does his job well. Heís an agitator. Heís garbage to me and I have no respect for him at all.

You should have a little more honor than that. Usually if you bite somebody you stick up for yourself and you fight the guy. Not this guy, heís chicken and I have no respect for him. He plays the game hard and I respect him for that, but he yaps, heís a dirty player. At least a guy like (Sean) Avery fights. This guy is just chicken (bleep) and I hate him.

It would have been better if he dropped the gloves with me, but heís got no stones.

Threads : 413

Default Re: Asham accuses Cooke....

Asham is a ******bag. Besides, Cookie has so few teeth.

Threads : 23

Is he so sure it wasn't Hartnell in that scrum looking for another snack?

I guess that makes Hartnell a chicken ****, gut-less, garbage, dirty player with no honor as well?

The Pens cannot beat these guys enough, or badly enough.

Threads : 34

I kinda agree with Asham to a point...tossing aside all the biting accusations, and that crap, the fact is, Cooke needs to throw down more often with the way he plays the game. We ***** at Carcillo and Hartnell for playing the exact same way, but we never point the finger at Cooke.

Cooke does need to step up and answer the bell from time to time...maybe not in that situation because of the score of the game and the fact that he would have probably lost and given momentum to Philly, but he definitely needs to grow a sack.

I miss Matthew Barnaby...He was the BEST at this role.
    The only player in the NHL more overpaid than MAF is Jordan Staal

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe Asham would like some cheese (or cheese steak!) to go with his whine!

**** off Losers!!!

Threads : 70

Bull****....Cooke does not have enough teeth to "bite" someone.

Threads : 2

And that's why they are and always will be the Cryers. It's amazing how that team is just full of the same type of yapping, cheap-shot, crybaby pussies. I guess they have to pass the Booby Clarke ****** test before they make the team.

Where was this asswipe when his ******bag teammate was doing the same thing a couple of months ago (assuming this story is even true)?
    Last edited by Crosby Clan; Jan-24-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Threads : 3263

I'm sorry... I don't get to watch as much hockey as many of you, and maybe my attitude has changed over the years since I was able to see it on a daily basis...

But so ****in' what?!.... If he did bite him, more power to him, but he still doesn't have nothin' on Mike Tyson...

Hell, if it's "OK" to pull the sweater over the top of your opponent and slam him in the face while doing so, then I have no issue with this.... Maybe he should'a grabbed his balls and stretched them all the way to the ****in' net... So what?!

Fighting is a part of hockey, and I love it... They have the rules so that once one hits the ice, it's over... But like I said, it's fine and dandy to wrap your opponent up in their sweater and beat the **** outta them?!.... I say anything goes... But that's just me.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im going to say the same thing as Flyers fans said with the Tanger/Hartnell incident.

Maybe his fingers shouldnt of been in Cookes mouth the begin with.
    ďItís a game of emotion, itís a game of hard work.
    Itís a game of passion, Kovalchuk, what he did the other day Ė thereís not one guy who was close to doing something. Maybe Maxime Talbot at the end with one second left. Hes about 5ft8 pfft"

Threads : 135

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he so sure it wasn't Hartnell in that scrum looking for another snack?

[HIGH-LIGHT]I guess that makes Hartnell a chicken ****, gut-less, garbage, dirty player with no honor as well?[/HIGH-LIGHT]

The Pens cannot beat these guys enough, or badly enough.
    Guess he wasn't thinking about it that way...he essentially called his teammate out too.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by BGK View Post
    I kinda agree with Asham to a point...tossing aside all the biting accusations, and that crap, the fact is, Cooke needs to throw down more often with the way he plays the game. We ***** at Carcillo and Hartnell for playing the exact same way, but we never point the finger at Cooke.

Cooke does need to step up and answer the bell from time to time...maybe not in that situation because of the score of the game and the fact that he would have probably lost and given momentum to Philly, but he definitely needs to grow a sack.

I miss Matthew Barnaby...He was the BEST at this role.
    Cooke will fight, but only guys who he knows wont man handle him. Thats pretty smart if you ask me.
    Itís a game of passion, Kovalchuk, what he did the other day Ė thereís not one guy who was close to doing something. Maybe Maxime Talbot at the end with one second left. Hes about 5ft8 pfft"

Threads : 34

Quote Originally Posted by Erzo77 View Post
    Cooke will fight, but only guys who he knows wont man handle him. Thats pretty smart if you ask me.
    Its also the exact same thing we ***** at carcillo for...

If guys are only willing to fight guys who they know they can beat there would never be a fight....IMO if you wanna play the game the way Cooke and Carcillo do, then you need to be ready to answer for your actions. Not Puss out...
    The only player in the NHL more overpaid than MAF is Jordan Staal

Threads : 61

BGK is right. The way Cooke plays, he does need to pay the piper. But to cry about the finger biting incident...whether it's true or not...is extremely hypocritical unless he said the same thing about Hartnell, and I didn't hear about it. As far as trying to compare Cooke to Avery, that's just silly. Yes I have seen Avery drop the gloves, but very, very, infrequently. He typically runs away like a 'gutless guy,' and lets his teammates do his fighting for him.

Here, Avery ducks and covers like a little ***** after cheapshotting Tim Thomas, leaving Thomas to fight off other players:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC51RZNmQBw&NR=1[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by BGK View Post
    Its also the exact same thing we ***** at carcillo for...

If guys are only willing to fight guys who they know they can beat there would never be a fight....IMO if you wanna play the game the way Cooke and Carcillo do, then you need to be ready to answer for your actions. Not Puss out...
    Not I. I wont give Carcillo **** because I know if he was on my team id want him to do the same thing. He can fight/hit/run his mouth all he wants aslong as he doesnt hurt the team.

I wasnt to clear about the "only fighting fights you can win" comment. Asham and Carcillo would both make ground beef out of Cooke, thats a given. But why would anyone in there right mind willingly drop the gloves with someone when you know your going to get tuned? Aslong as Cooke knows he has a decent shot of a draw or a win he will fight. Something else to think about is howmany pp's have we got out of Cooke because his style of play? now imagine if we had a good pp.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    BGK is right. The way Cooke plays, he does need to pay the piper. But to cry about the finger biting incident...whether it's true or not...is extremely hypocritical unless he said the same thing about Hartnell, and I didn't hear about it. As far as trying to compare Cooke to Avery, that's just silly. Yes I have seen Avery drop the gloves, but very, very, infrequently. He typically runs away like a 'gutless guy,' and lets his teammates do his fighting for him.

Here, Avery ducks and covers like a little ***** after cheapshotting Tim Thomas, leaving Thomas to fight off other players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC51RZNmQBw&NR=1
    Avery is actually a pretty good fighter. Hes just a attention whore and likes people to talk about him for all the wrong reasons.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information