Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Players are such whores...

Threads : 23

Default Baseball Players are such whores...

I apologize for bringing up old news as no doubt you guys have seen this, but I haven't been on this board much during the offseason, or following baseball at all really, until the past week or so, but I was just reading through some old articles and came across this quote from Jack Wilson after he signed the 2 year deal with Seattle.

"I was so ready for the year to get over," Wilson said. "The only bright spot was getting traded over to Seattle."
    Guess he REALLLLLLY wanted to stay in Pittsburgh, just as he said all along.

I'm not ****ed off, this stuff just cracks me up, how they will basically say whatever people expect them to say. I really don't think you can take much of anything a player says seriously, ever.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Baseball Players are such whores...

Well.... good to see you finally posting again. Is this you getting into preseason form, working out for the regular season

Yup. It's also funny how many fans will also fall for the fake bull**** cries of a player talking about how much they like a team and city and want to be there ... All they want is the money. Jack Wilson showed he didn't want to be here when he rejected a fair contract offer. His little "crybaby" skit he did on FSN

Here's to you Jack Wilson have fun spending 1/3 of the season on the injury report, ******bgag

Threads : 2

I don't want to sound as though I'm an apologist for Jack Wilson but I think his comments can be interpreted more than one way. He might just be expressing relief that he has a two year contract to play baseball, for example, as opposed to taking a swipe at the Pirates.
    Hidden Content Jacket photograph motifed baseball board game of Epoch Inc. Epoch is putting "Sunday vs Magazine Baseball Boar Game" on the market collaborated with charactors of Weekly Shounen Sunday and Weekly Shounen Magazine now. MAJOR's hero Goro Shigeno (茂野吾郎)'s character card will be sold in the future.

Threads : 197

Quote Originally Posted by night9hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to sound as though I'm an apologist for Jack Wilson but I think his comments can be interpreted more than one way. He might just be expressing relief that he has a two year contract to play baseball, for example, as opposed to taking a swipe at the Pirates.
    If he wanted to say that he could have, you know, said that. Not really sure how you're reading that out of his quote. At the time of the trade he didn't have a two year contract to play baseball, and could easily have signed that same deal with Seattle without the trade happening. The two ideas seem completely unrelated.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post

Here's to you Jack Wilson have fun spending 1/3 of the season on the injury report, ******bgag

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    If he wanted to say that he could have, you know, said that. Not really sure how you're reading that out of his quote. At the time of the trade he didn't have a two year contract to play baseball, and could easily have signed that same deal with Seattle without the trade happening. The two ideas seem completely unrelated.
    I don't think he put a lot of thought into the comment which is why it comes across as an incomplete thought. This is why professional public figures are often reluctant to make statements "off the cuff" and fall back on time tested boring responses to questions.
    Hidden Content Jacket photograph motifed baseball board game of Epoch Inc. Epoch is putting "Sunday vs Magazine Baseball Boar Game" on the market collaborated with charactors of Weekly Shounen Sunday and Weekly Shounen Magazine now. MAJOR's hero Goro Shigeno (茂野吾郎)'s character card will be sold in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    That's my take as well. He also had a reasonable offer to stay in Pittsburgh that he turned down, so it's not like he was going to go without a contract and is now "fortunate" .

I find this statement to be black and white. He's happy to be away from the Pirates organization. I don't know if he neccessarily feels like the Mariners organization is the ultimate but he's happy to be out of the what was a train wreck for years. I can't neccessarily blame him. I'm only ****ed off about the statements he continuously made to try and "play" the fan base into believing that he wanted to be a legit ""lifer" for the Pirates. He's now proven that stuff to be fake and phony 2 different ways now - 1. declining a fair 2 year contract and 2. his recent statement

I don't think he put a lot of thought into the comment which is why it comes across as an incomplete thought. This is why professional public figures are often reluctant to make statements "off the cuff" and fall back on time tested boring responses to questions.
    I think he knew what he was saying. Jack Wilson is probably a good example of someone that should always keep their mouth shut because he's put his foot in it a few times in his career.

It really makes me sometimes respect a guy like Sidney Crosby even more. A kid with more spotlight than Jack Wilson will ever imagine that is interviewed a million times more and never says the wrong thing in an interview. He never says anything of any interest either, but sometimes it's just better to be simple and plain

Threads : 45

I really don't care what he said about who. I'm just glad he's gone!

Threads : 23

You my friend, are delusional... just can't handle that ole' jack didn't really love you as much as you loved him?

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe Jack liked living in the 'Burgh, but was tired of playing for the Pirates. I believe NH knew it was a fair offer that was made to Jack, but he also knew that Jack would decline the offer. The Pirates definitely got the better end of the trade with Seattle.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quote Originally Posted by irahuss View Post
    You my friend, are delusional... just can't handle that ole' jack didn't really love you as much as you loved him?
    No, I do software development with a smattering of customer service for a living. I've had a lot of experience with people "explaining" things without much thought as to how it sounds, whether the explanation covers the subject completely or whether it can be interpreted another way. Jack Wilson struck me as somebody who was passionate about the game and was inclined more often than not to speak before he'd thought through what he was trying to say. When he was a Pirate he made more than a few misstatements regarding the team or other players. So it's not surprising to me that he might make a statement to the Seattle press that could be interpreted more than one way; it's JackSpeak.

Ian Snell on the other hand...

Threads : 36

I don't know any of the Pirates on a personal level. I don't care if they are good guys or bad guys. I don't care if they like the city or the fans. I just want them to perform well and win. JW played hard and wanted to win when he was here. I will always like him as a player because of that. I don't care what he has to say after the fact.

Threads : 691

Quote Originally Posted by Lup View Post
    I don't know any of the Pirates on a personal level. I don't care if they are good guys or bad guys. I don't care if they like the city or the fans. I just want them to perform well and win. JW played hard and wanted to win when he was here. I will always like him as a player because of that. I don't care what he has to say after the fact.
    X2
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 94

Quote Originally Posted by irahuss View Post
    I apologize for bringing up old news as no doubt you guys have seen this, but I haven't been on this board much during the offseason, or following baseball at all really, until the past week or so, but I was just reading through some old articles and came across this quote from Jack Wilson after he signed the 2 year deal with Seattle.

Guess he REALLLLLLY wanted to stay in Pittsburgh, just as he said all along.

I'm not ****ed off, this stuff just cracks me up, how they will basically say whatever people expect them to say. I really don't think you can take much of anything a player says seriously, ever.
    I'm guessing he was talking to the Seattle press at the time....what else would you want him to say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information