Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maualuga arrested

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Maualuga arrested

Bengals' Maualuga arrested for drunk driving
    Posted: Jan 29, 2010 7:42 AM EST Updated: Jan 29, 2010 7:59 AM EST

COVINGTON, KY (FOX19) - Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga has been arrested in Kenton County.

Maualuga, 23, was pulled over in the 600 block of Scott Street around 3 a.m. Friday morning. A person at the Kenton County Detention Center said Maualuga blew a 0.15 on a Breathalyzer test. He was arrested for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol and careless driving.

Maualuga was sidelined with an ankle injury after the Kansas City game on Dec. 27. He was scheduled to go back home to Samoa next month, saying on his Twitter account Tuesday, "Can't wait to go to Samoa on da 7th. Stuck in Cincy for rehab. Its too cold out here for me haha. I need to get out of here."

Maualuga became a fan favorite after the airing of "Hard Knocks" on HBO. He finished his rookie season with 80 tackles (fifth on team), with one sack and two passes defensed. He also led the team in total forced fumbles (three), with two on defense and one on special teams.

His arraignment is set for 8:30 a.m. on Friday morning.

Just another bungle I guess. He's one player on that team that I actually liked!
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Maualuga arrested

I swear that the Bungles FO scours the planet for players that have been arrested or have the potential to be.

Threads : 135

The funniest part is that he can't wait to get out of Cincy...LOL..
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The funniest part is that he can't wait to get out of Cincy...LOL..
    Who doesn't want out of Cincy??

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

****... You guys beat me to it....
    ... That's what I get for trying to get a little sleep after flying across the pond...

Well, here's another article on it, and his mug shot... Courtesy of your "Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher...

January 29, 2010
    Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Maualuga charged with DUI
    By Jennifer Baker and Brenna Kelly
    jbaker@enquirer.com | bkelly@enquirer.com

Cincinnati Bengals rookie linebacker Rey Maualuga was arrested early Friday in Covington on charges of drunken driving and careless driving after he allegedly struck two parked cars and a parking meter.

Maualuga, 23, of Cincinnati appeared in Kenton County District Court via a video link from the jail. He pleaded not guilty and was released from jail on his promise to return for future appearances.

Maualuga was arrested at 1:45 a.m. Friday after officers responded to 634 Scott Street for a report of a traffic accident, according to Covington Assistant Police Chief Spike Jones.

Police determined that Maualuga was the driver of a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire with Ohio plates that struck two parked vehicles and a parking meter, Jones said. Two female passengers who were with Maualuga were released without being charged.

Maualuga smelled of "intoxicants" and told the officer that he had "about six Captain and Coke drinks," the report states. The officer gave Maualuga field sobriety tests, which he failed, the report states.

"Subject had slurred speech, blood shot, watery eyes and he was unsteady on his feet," the officer wrote.

Maualuga had a blood-alcohol level of .157, according to a Covington Police report. The legal limit is .08.

Maualuga is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 25 for a pre-trial conference. Court records do not list an attorney.

A Bengals spokesman declined comment. Spokesman Jack Brennan says the club believed it's not appropriate to comment on cases that are unresolved.

Maualuga, a rookie from the University of Southern California, was one of the team's starting players until he fractured his ankle Dec. 27 against the Kansas City Chiefs. He expected to be ready for the team's offseason conditioning program in March.

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 10

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Who doesn't want out of Cincy??
    Nky.

He loves it there.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's nothing like a high-character draftee and, as usual, the Bungles draftee is nothing like high-character.

Tee hee!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    Nky.

He loves it there.

LoL....

.... Not exactly.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Police determined that Maualuga was the driver of a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire with Ohio plates that struck two parked vehicles and a parking meter, Jones said. Two female passengers who were with Maualuga were released without being charged.
    I'm listening to my local sports-talk on line right now, and they are saying that the two female passengers were a 17 yr-old and an 18-yr old...

... He's got some explaining to do about this for sure.

But then again, what kind of kids are out at 1:45am on a Thursday night?!... Wonder what the parents said...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Wonder what the parents said...

"Don't be stupid and swallowing that ****, girl. He's got himself an NFL contract. Make him your baby daddy and you are set. Booyakashaa"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    "Don't be stupid and swallowing that ****, girl. He's got himself an NFL contract. Make him your baby daddy and you are set. Booyakashaa"

Here's a photo of the girl Rey was allegedly with when he was busted...

... Really... No kidding...

Maualuga looking at NFL fine
    GEOFF HOBSON
    Posted Jan 29, 2010

After being charged with drunken driving and careless driving early Friday morning by Covington, Ky., police, Bengals rookie middle linebacker Rey Maualuga could face an NFL fine of as much as $50,000.

An NFL spokesman said Friday that according to the league’s substance abuse program a first offense for an alcohol-related violation, absent aggravating circumstances, is generally a fine of two game checks up to a maximum of $50,000.

The Cincinnati Enquirer’s web site reported that police say Maualuga was the driver of a car that hit two vehicles and a parking meter about 1:45 a.m.

Under the NFL’s conduct policy, a first offense doesn’t usually result in a suspension. Maualuga, a second-round pick from USC who started all but the regular-season finale at SAM linebacker, is rehabbing the ankle he broke in the Dec. 27 win over Kansas City. He had 80 tackles, fifth on the team, and led the Bengals with three forced fumbles.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...9-a4f80626b949

I previously posted the pic of one of the girls Ray had in his car Thursday night... Here's the other one..... ...WTF?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information