Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facepalm Finder Strikes Again

Threads : 158
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Threads : 45

Default Re: Facepalm Finder Strikes Again

I like McLouth, However, there are rumblings he was unwilling to move to a corner outfield spot to make room for a rookie centerfielder that is clearly superior defensively to him. The only thing I would have liked to have seen differently and I don't know squat about the braves farm, but I would have rather seen a middle infielder in that deal rather than Gorkys Hernandez. Maybe Hernandez comes around, but I feel like he's a guy we already have several of in the minors.

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by indybucfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like McLouth, However, there are rumblings he was unwilling to move to a corner outfield spot to make room for a rookie centerfielder that is clearly superior defensively to him. The only thing I would have liked to have seen differently and I don't know squat about the braves farm, but I would have rather seen a middle infielder in that deal rather than Gorkys Hernandez. Maybe Hernandez comes around, but I feel like he's a guy we already have several of in the minors.
    Gorkys Hernandez = Great Trade Bait... if he improves upon last year and shines more of the potential. the guy was really highly regarded and talked about... he's got no future here IMO with Andrew McCutchen but at some point we're gonna have to trade some prospects for a piece at the MLB level down the road and Gorkys makes for awesome trade bait cause he could be a valuable player that we won't have a problem trading away

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Gorkys Hernandez = Great Trade Bait... if he improves upon last year and shines more of the potential. the guy was really highly regarded and talked about... he's got no future here IMO with Andrew McCutchen but at some point we're gonna have to trade some prospects for a piece at the MLB level down the road and Gorkys makes for awesome trade bait cause he could be a valuable player that we won't have a problem trading away
    I don't see him as great trade bait which is after the fact. I would have rather addressed an organizational need which is middle infield prospects. It's a good trade if the pitchers work out regardless of Hernandez does.

Threads : 8
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like McLouth, However, there are rumblings he was unwilling to move to a corner outfield spot to make room for a rookie centerfielder that is clearly superior defensively to him.
    But McLouth won a gold glove......

The only thing I would have liked to have seen differently and I don't know squat about the braves farm, but I would have rather seen a middle infielder in that deal rather than Gorkys Hernandez. Maybe Hernandez comes around, but I feel like he's a guy we already have several of in the minors.
    I agree with the sentiment, but I'd argue that all the Pirates need at this point is talent. I think it's still too early in the rebuilding game to shoe-horn trade returns into needs.

I don't see him as great trade bait which is after the fact. I would have rather addressed an organizational need which is middle infield prospects. It's a good trade if the pitchers work out regardless of Hernandez does.
    the Pirates interest is to bring in the best talent they can get their hands on regardless of need. BPA = Best Player Available. Perhaps the raves had a middle infielder, but Hernandez may have been the better player... that's when you choose the BPA and worry about the other **** later. When you trade for direct needs you end up with Dave Littlefield rosters...

Gorkyz is great trade bait IMO. I'd rather have guys like him that we aren't replying on in the future that we can dangle for needs. He still has good potential

Quote Originally Posted by Daskid View Post
    But McLouth won a gold glove......

I agree with the sentiment, but I'd argue that all the Pirates need at this point is talent. I think it's still too early in the rebuilding game to shoe-horn trade returns into needs.
    I disagree on Hernandez. What I've seen so far, I think he's overrated.

Threads : 94

He has been very young at every stop so far but you are right he hasn't lite it up yet. If you have ever seen him in person he's player who you can really dream on.

Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    He has been very young at every stop so far but you are right he hasn't lite it up yet. If you have ever seen him in person he's player who you can really dream on.
    If he ever makes it to Indianapolis, maybe I'll get that chance. I'm getting a ticket package for Indy Indians games this summer.

He might be over rated... doesn't mean you can't trade him to someone that over values him and get a decent return. Look at the good return we got for an overrated player like Nate McLouth? or Nyjer Morgan

Threads : 23

He might be over rated... doesn't mean you can't trade him to someone that over values him and get a decent return. Look at the good return we got for an overrated player like Nate McLouth? or Nyjer Morgan
    What a dick

You're not stirring the pot with me. We basically got a better all around player in Milledge and a better pitcher in Hanrahan for Morgan and Lite a candle burnett. And as far as McLouth, as soon as word got out that he basically forced the trade by not wanting to move out of center, I was fine with it. Like I said earlier, I think both pitchers will make us forget all about McLouth regardless of what Hernandez does. I can't wait to see Alvarez and Tabata down at Indy.

I finally took the time to click the link and check out the post n at Doing so I figured I would take on answer the question that Chuck Finder took 10 paragraphs to answer nothing

Q: I noted your comment about the true test of management's commitment to making the Pirates a winner coming when they sign a core group of players to long-term deals that tie up their futures (Morning Links, 2/6). But I think I've seen that one before. Wasn't that what the Nate McLouth deal was about? It seems to me that the value of these Hypothetical Long-Term deals to the Pirates could be that it makes the players signed to such deals more effective trade bait once the deal is done.
    Is there any reason to believe that if these Hypothetical Long-Term contracts ever happen, the players signing them will actually play in Pittsburgh for the duration of the contracts?
    The goal is to always have a core in place it never means that this "core" will never change. The Pittsburgh Penguins moved a piece of their "core" in Ryan Whitney last season for cheaper player and a "prospect". They also moved players that people overrate and consider part of their core like Colby Armstrong and succeed in then. that is mainly due to the fact that colby Armstrong was never good enough to be considered a core player.

The only players that don't get moved are those that you consider "franchise" players. Your Ben Roethlisberger's, Sidney Crosby's, Troy Polamalu's, Evgeni Malkin's and your Andrew McCutchen's and Pedro Alvarez's. Everyone else can be moved. A core is a group of good players. If you can trade someone from that group to make the team and future better... you do it, Neal did it, get the **** over it.

You're not stirring the pot with me. We basically got a better all around player in Milledge and a better pitcher in Hanrahan for Morgan and Lite a candle burnett. And as far as McLouth, as soon as word got out that he basically forced the trade by not wanting to move out of center, I was fine with it. Like I said earlier, I think both pitchers will make us forget all about McLouth regardless of what Hernandez does. I can't wait to see Alvarez and Tabata down at Indy.
    wasnt realy directing the stirring of the pot towards... that was an general type of think. Discussions involving Nate mcClouth" always get heated. I can't wait until he hits in the .260's again next year with more below average defense and it can finally be put to rest what he really is..

Threads : 2

wasnt realy directing the stirring of the pot towards... that was an general type of think. Discussions involving Nate mcClouth" always get heated. I can't wait until he hits in the .260's again next year with more below average defense and it can finally be put to rest what he really is..
    Do you think McCutchen will hit more home runs in 2010 than McClouth?
    Hidden Content Jacket photograph motifed baseball board game of Epoch Inc. Epoch is putting "Sunday vs Magazine Baseball Boar Game" on the market collaborated with charactors of Weekly Shounen Sunday and Weekly Shounen Magazine now. MAJOR's hero Goro Shigeno (茂野吾郎)'s character card will be sold in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information