Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie for Parker?

Threads : 14
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Cromartie for Parker?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

With LaDainian Tomlinson's career in San Diego declared all but over and Darren Sproles facing free agency, the Chargers are exploring possible trade scenarios that include dealing cornerback Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back, according to league sources.

Cromartie is a four-year starter, a former first-round draft pick and was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2007 when he intercepted 10 passes. Sources have said he has fallen out of favor with the Chargers, who also have a pair of corners in Quentin Jammer and Antoine Cason who were first-round picks.

The Chargers' most pressing offseason need is in the offensive backfield. Tomlinson declared shortly after the season that he believed his nine-year career with the Chargers is finished. He expects to be released shortly. Sproles is a pending restricted free agent who would be due $7.3 million in 2010 if the Chargers tender him a contract, a 10 percent increase over his 2009 franchise-tag salary of $6.67 million. Sproles has said he intends to test the market but expressed a preference to remain in San Diego.

Among the teams that have running back depth are the Dallas Cowboys with Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice at the position. Several teams are looking for cornerback depth, including the Green Bay Packers, sources said.

The Chargers may be willing to trade Cromartie for a draft choice that could give them more flexibility to select at least one running back in this year's draft, sources said.

I would love to see it happen, Willie for Cromartie...it solves some problems on both teams so it might work...

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cromartie for Parker?

While I would not mind this trade at all, I just couldn't see San Diego even considering it unless there is something else offered in conjunction with Parker... Willie is two years older, and while he had put-up good numbers, I'm not sure that he's proven himself this past season to be worthy of such a deal.

If SD really wants to get rid of Cromartie, then possibly... But what would he demand in the way of his contract would be another big sticking point.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 10

I don't see it happening just because Willy doesn't have a contract.

He's a FA....

If San Diego traded for him, what is there stopping him from signing with someone else?

Threads : 60

For that trade to happen we would have to become the Patriots while the Chargers become the Raiders. Only these two teams make trades that make absolutely no sense.

Willie couldn't hold Cromarties jock so we would have to give them a little more then a washed up, has been running back.

Lets throw in Arians, Carter, Gay and Sweed

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets throw in Arians, Carter, Gay and Sweed
    I like the deal! And heck sign Larry Foote and throw him in the deal too....

Threads : 14
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You never get to see hockey-esque trades in football... maybe the Steelers should start a trend!

Threads : 4

Like BlackJack said, you can't trade a free agent. This is not the NBA where you do a sign and trade. Aside from that, Cromartie is a piece of crap. He is a horrible locker room guy, and he really isn't that good of a player anymore. Even during his 10 interception season, he was only a nickle back most of the year. He does have big play potential, but is horrible in run support, and even Charger fans are over him. No thanks. There was e mail going around with clips of him in the Jets game that were just flat out embarrassing. He looked like he was afraid of contact.

Threads : 29

Even Al Davis wouldn't make that trade.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thumb View Post
    Like BlackJack said, you can't trade a free agent. This is not the NBA where you do a sign and trade. Aside from that, Cromartie is a piece of crap. He is a horrible locker room guy, and he really isn't that good of a player anymore. Even during his 10 interception season, he was only a nickle back most of the year. He does have big play potential, but is horrible in run support, and even Charger fans are over him. No thanks. There was e mail going around with clips of him in the Jets game that were just flat out embarrassing. He looked like he was afraid of contact.
    I completely agree, he was ok in his 10 int year but he is a *****. I would hate to see him in black and gold. My Bolt husband just said that he wouldn't wish him on the Steelers. lol

When Cromartie says he needs to feed his family he freakin' means it .

The losses continue to pile up for one San Diego Charger. An NFL arbitrator ruled that San Diego Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie owes Fletcher roughly $32,000 in fees. Cromartie has suggested that there are financial issues stemming from child support. Cromartie has at least seven children with six different women in five different states. Last summer, Cromartie's agent, Gary Wichard, said that all lawsuits have been taken care of. "It's all part of the simplification process," Wichard said. "Everyone will be taken care of." One of the lawyers for the mother of one of the NFL player's children alleged that Cromartie is in arrears on $25,000 in child support after missing a Feb. 1 payment for several of the children. According to the Union-Tribune, Cromartie hasn't been paying on time. My client would like to see him live up to the commitment he made to his children in the interviews he's given about being a committed father and make sure he shares the benefits of his lifestyle, said lawyer Steven Bishop, who represents one of the babies' momma's. None of these off-field concerns are boosting Cromartie's trade value or making Chargers general manager A.J. Smith a happy boss.

Threads : 691

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    When Cromartie says he needs to feed his family he freakin' means it .

The losses continue to pile up for one San Diego Charger. An NFL arbitrator ruled that San Diego Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie owes Fletcher roughly $32,000 in fees. Cromartie has suggested that there are financial issues stemming from child support. Cromartie has at least seven children with six different women in five different states. Last summer, Cromartie's agent, Gary Wichard, said that all lawsuits have been taken care of. "It's all part of the simplification process," Wichard said. "Everyone will be taken care of." One of the lawyers for the mother of one of the NFL player's children alleged that Cromartie is in arrears on $25,000 in child support after missing a Feb. 1 payment for several of the children. According to the Union-Tribune, Cromartie hasn't been paying on time. My client would like to see him live up to the commitment he made to his children in the interviews he's given about being a committed father and make sure he shares the benefits of his lifestyle, said lawyer Steven Bishop, who represents one of the babies' momma's. None of these off-field concerns are boosting Cromartie's trade value or making Chargers general manager A.J. Smith a happy boss.
    Who was that running back? I think it was Travis Henry,who had something like 12 kids to 10 different women. Wouldn't you think a some point you would stop and think,what the hell am I doing here?
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

I had a guy that worked for me that has four children to four different girls and married just one of them. I used to call him stubby because come payday, he got a stub rather than a check.

I asked why he isn't more responsible and how can he just father kids that he doesn't plan on having them under his same roof, doesn't plan on being in their life and making sure they turn out to be a good person, educated and honor God.
    He had no answer. He was a good worker but after the third kid, I fired him. I don't want a low life like that around me. If your not true to yourself, your children and family, your nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I had a guy that worked for me that has four children to four different girls and married just one of them. I used to call him stubby because come payday, he got a stub rather than a check.

I asked why he isn't more responsible and how can he just father kids that he doesn't plan on having them under his same roof, doesn't plan on being in their life and making sure they turn out to be a good person, educated and honor God.
    He had no answer. He was a good worker but after the third kid, I fired him. I don't want a low life like that around me. If your not true to yourself, your children and family, your nothing.

Stubby, now that is some funny ****.

Threads : 10

Looks like no one taught this guy the most important part of the birds and the bees.

If a stork brings a baby, what kind of a bird prevents one?

A swallow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information