Thread: Jamie Dixon Coach of the Year?

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jamie Dixon Coach of the Year?

He should at the very least get strong consideration for what he's accomplished with this very young team this year! They've beaten Vilanova, Syracuse on the road, Marquette on the road, split with WVU, etc. With all of the players they lost from last year's team and to be in the position they are is amazing.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jamie Dixon Coach of the Year?

I agree that he has done EXTREMELY well with the young squad that he has this season... But I think it will still come down to production in the post-season (conference tourney and NCAA tourney) to determine how close he comes to getting this sort of recognition.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 6

While I think that's true to an extent, I think some consideration is in order based on the fact Pitt isn't regarded as a basketball factory. They've always lacked a real stud, and this current team has coaching written all over them.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ihateusernames View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I think that's true to an extent, I think some consideration is in order based on the fact Pitt isn't regarded as a basketball factory. They've always lacked a real stud, and this current team has coaching written all over them.
    I sorta agree and sorta don't... I've read somewhere recently that Pitt has actually won more games over the past few years than any other team (I can't find it again at the moment, but if I do, I'll post it). And from Ben Howland's tenure forward, Pitt has done extremely well IMO year-in and year-out during the regular season as well as conference tournament. Now, this doesn't make it a "basketball factory", but it does make it successful in a shorter term of consideration... But you are definitely correct in the fact that it comes to coaching, and this team has it... But if a team falls-short at the end I think alot of voters overlook the accomplishments during the season.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information