Thread: Tebow will not throw at combine while he's changing his delivery

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Tebow will not throw at combine while he's changing his delivery

Tebow will not throw at combine while he's changing his delivery
    NFL.com Wire Reports

Tim Tebow struggled at the Senior Bowl last month and said afterward that he was "definitely open" to improving his fundamentals. It appears that he's a man of his word.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported Monday that although Tebow will not throw at the NFL Scouting Combine this week in Indianapolis, the quarterback is changing his throwing delivery and will unveil it at the University of Florida's March 17 pro day.

Tebow's slow delivery has been the talk of the offseason. He had success with the motion in college, winning two BCS national championships and one Heisman Trophy, but many scouts believe he needed to change for the NFL.

In his first showcase for NFL scouts, Tebow completed 8 of 12 passes but none longer than 11 yards at the Senior Bowl. He also fumbled twice while taking snaps from under center.

"I think I'm definitely open to improving my fundamentals," Tebow said then. "I think I definitely showed that by being here. If you just watched the way I played, you could see there is room for improvement and what I need to work on."

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=...s&confirm=true
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 277

Default Re: Tebow will not throw at combine while he's changing his delivery

He's a tight end in the NFL, maybe a running back or a Linebacker.

Nice kid, but he's not a Pro QB.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a tight end in the NFL, maybe a running back or a Linebacker.

Nice kid, but he's not a Pro QB.
    Agreed.... I can see him as a TE but definitely not a qb.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a different belief about his chances of being a QB in the NFL. Tebow has NFL armstrength, and under the guidance of a good QB coach, a change in his mechanics may give him more armstrength and accuracy.
    Give him a few years to develope with said QB coach and learn the system and I think he will be a good NFL QB. His intelligence and work ethic will be his best asset in making it happen.
    Thank you for your time,
    Steelreign.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some potential to be wasted in whatever position, probably with a club that has a fairly high draft positiion and may want to try a Kordell type experiment or variations on the wild**** play.

A club that needs to make a QB decision and likes to kill the careers of QBs with a strong arm...

Sound like anyone in our division yet?
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information