Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohh Canaduh - would you put Fleury in net, please!

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ohh Canaduh - would you put Fleury in net, please!

This is bugging the hell out of me. Babblecock sure doesn't seem to know much, and it's showing.

Ok, so Brodeur wasn't too hot in the two games he played in. Fair enough. And, yes, Luongo beat a not so talented Norway team on the opening day of hockey. HOWEVER, neither of those two goalies are the best in the clutch stand-up goaltenders of today. THAT GOALIE IS Marc Andre Fleury - who has been clutch in playoff moments, and has won 7 of 8 playoff series over the last two years. Why ohh why is Luongo seen as a bigger standup goaltender than him, in today's age? What has he done? NADA! He's a perennial big time playoff choker, and he'll do it again this year in the NHL playoffs, and in the quarterfinals of the olympics.

Fleury on the other hand has beaten Overchicken (Russians), and the Redwings (Sweden). Luongo will choke it big time agains the Russians, you watch. And, if they were smart, they could stop this hemorrhaging by putting in Fleury for that game. But, Babcock ain't that bright obviously.

The thing is we will never get to see Fleury stifle Overchicken and send them out of town without a medal, because Babcock is one big dumb ****.

Bleh.

The Red Wings (Sweden) win Gold. That's my call.
    Last edited by foslrock; Feb-22-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Threads : 210

Default Re: Ohh Canaduh - would you put Fleury in net, please!

Quote Originally Posted by foslrock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is bugging the hell out of me. Babblecock sure doesn't seem to know much, and it's showing.

Ok, so Brodeur wasn't too hot in the two games he played in. Fair enough. And, yes, Luongo beat a not so talented Norway team on the opening day of hockey. HOWEVER, neither of those two goalies are the best in the clutch stand-up goaltenders of today. THAT GOALIE IS Marc Andre Fleury - who has been clutch in playoff moments, and has won 7 of 8 playoff series over the last two years. Why ohh why is Luongo seen as a bigger standup goaltender than him, in today's age? What has he done? NADA! He's a perennial big time playoff choker, and he'll do it again this year in the NHL playoffs, and in the quarterfinals of the olympics.

Fleury on the other hand has beaten Overchicken (Russians), and the Redwings (Sweden). Luongo will choke it big time agains the Russians, you watch. And, if they were smart, they could stop this hemorrhaging by putting in Fleury for that game. But, Babcock ain't that bright obviously.

The thing is we will never get to see Fleury stifle Overchicken and send them out of town without a medal, because Babcock is one big dumb ****.

Bleh.

The Red Wings (Sweden) win Gold. That's my call.

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it becomes evident why canadian teams haven't won a cup in decades. It's almost like watching a messed up caste system make determinations on who should play, and logic takes a back seat.

And it will become ironic when the Red Wings (Sweden) win the gold without Babblecock as their coach - proving that it's all those hard nosed sweedes that truly carried them in 08.

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't want Flower in net. I want the USA to win the gold. Babcock must want the same as me.

Threads : 47
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it becomes evident why Canadian teams haven't won a cup in decades. It's almost like watching a messed up caste system make determinations on who should play, and logic takes a back seat.
    interesting, yet flawed logic.

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it becomes evident why canadian teams haven't won a cup in decades.
    The GM and coach of Toronto are both american, and part of the us squad in the olympics. There's a mixture of american, Canadian and European coaches in the NHL. Many of the coaches and management on successful NHL teams are Canadian, obviously. I don't see any connection or trend.

I woudn't make a generalization based on one guy (Babcock).

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I don't think it has a ton to do exactly with the goalie and such. In some respects, it could be the talent. Sweden is built on a strong 2 way game that simply WINS championships. It's exactly that which has eluded the Canucks and Russians recently and it was pretty evident against USA for Canada. When the USA was "able" to gain Canada's zone, the forwards for Canada didn't do ****.

I think that if Sweden wins it's because they have the better 2 way talent and IMO it's 2 way play that wins championships. The USA wins thanks to a great offensive system that teams are having issues handling and a hit goaltender. Ryan Miller is playing UNbelievable

Threads : 29

So much for Swedens strong 2 way game.

I didn't see it but they apparently looked dead the first 2 periods.

Threads : 70

Even though Brodeur crapped the bed, and Luongo is now in....they are both better than MAF. If I was the coach, I would do the same thing.
    Even though MAF won the cup, I dont think he is an elite goalie.

Threads : 34
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather View Post

Yeah, they weren't in the game at all, the end score made it appear closer than it actually was...slovakia pretty much controlled the game , but then did a little bit of turtling in the 3rd that allowed Sweeden to make it look closer than it was.

I see the US and Canada in a rematch for the gold, and I'm a little nervous, because it appears Canada has woken up.
    The only player in the NHL more overpaid than MAF is Jordan Staal

Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post
    Even though Brodeur crapped the bed, and Luongo is now in....they are both better than MAF. If I was the coach, I would do the same thing.
    agreed. MAF still has brain farts...he started the season off strong, and I had thought he finally got over the hump, but consistency is still an issue with MAF. He has the ability to play better than Brodeur and Luongo on any given nite, unfortunately he also has the ability to **** the bed on any given nite. And I know all goalies **** the bed, but elite goalies don't do it very often. I'm still not sold on MAF...like I said, he can be superhuman on any given nite, but the consistency just isnt there yet. I'm hoping that once the playoffs come around that he will pull it together again, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather View Post

Make no mistake, Sweden has the best 2 way talent team wise in the entire olympics... still means you need to play with some heart... Sweden didn't play with any heart and got big time upset

Threads : 35

Quote Originally Posted by BGK View Post
    agreed. MAF still has brain farts...he started the season off strong, and I had thought he finally got over the hump, but consistency is still an issue with MAF. He has the ability to play better than Brodeur and Luongo on any given nite, unfortunately he also has the ability to **** the bed on any given nite. And I know all goalies **** the bed, but elite goalies don't do it very often. I'm still not sold on MAF...like I said, he can be superhuman on any given nite, but the consistency just isnt there yet. I'm hoping that once the playoffs come around that he will pull it together again, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point.
    I agree with you and the consistancy thing also. I just wonder if he gets a little "bored" during the season, or against certain teams for whatever reason, and taht is why some nights he looks average, where some games, he gets up for and he looks "superhuman" like you said. Would be great to know what it is tho.
    formerly known as Eagle7187

Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post
    Regular season I'd agree but we're talking about important games on the line, in the playoffs, near elimination mode...

Luongo hasn't done **** in those situation except choke badly during every and most of his NHL playoff appearances. there are those that perform well under pressure and those that don't. There are those that do great in the regular season and those that are ****ty, invisible etc.. in the playoffs... Luongo fits that mold.

Brodeur hasn't been much better than Luongo since the lock out in the playoffs. Broduer looks lights ****ing out, sets records etc... durign the regular season and looks average inthe playoffs and in desperation mode.

MAF has his brain farts for sure but he's done better than both Brodeur and Luongo since the lock out in the playoffs, with important games on the line and it's safe to say that Fleury hasn't played behind defensive minded teams and schemes like New Jersey and Vancouver's had in that period.

Think of this... If the US and Canada rematch who do you want in goalie for Canada?

Luongo or Brodeur who have been protected by defensive minded schemes and teams, that rarely have to deal nwith players that crash the net or stand in the crease and screen them or come with a successful aggressive forecheck that brings tons of pressure or...

Fleury who has to deal with that **** every game.

That's what the USA team brings. They bring a ton pressure via a 3-2 forecheck, half of Canada's defense is SOFF or old and slow. Fleury is used to dealing with the very situations that we have seen Brodeur and Luongo struggle against in these playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7187 View Post
    I agree with you and the consistancy thing also. [HIGH-LIGHT]I just wonder if he gets a little "bored" during the season[/HIGH-LIGHT], or against certain teams for whatever reason, and taht is why some nights he looks average, where some games, he gets up for and he looks "superhuman" like you said. Would be great to know what it is tho.
    agreed thats what I'm wondering too, thats why I said I hope he pulls it together for the playoffs.

that being said, (and this is not directed at you, but rather a general comment) "elite" goalies don't get bored in the regular season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information