Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweetchuck's Gameday Thoughts

sjdrewk

Default Re: Sweetchuck's Gameday Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think he would be better used as a FB?
    No, not really. He really isn't made for that position. Mewelde has his niche right now and he does a great job as a 3rd down passing situation back and he is very good on punt returns. He also is great at coming in to a game like today when the other rbis start dropping the ball like its hot.

Also, like last year, in a pinch duty role, he can fill the role as feature back for a few games if our runningbacks get injured...and fill in very admirably at that.

I think Mendenhall has all the tools to be the man here in Pittsburgh, he just has to take the reigns. He is starting to do that. He played with the flu today. Once he gets over his flu and stops putting the ball on the ground, he will be the man.

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    No, not really. He really isn't made for that position. Mewelde has his niche right now and he does a great job as a 3rd down passing situation back and he is very good on punt returns. He also is great at coming in to a game like today when the other rbis start dropping the ball like its hot.

Also, like last year, in a pinch duty role, he can fill the role as feature back for a few games if our runningbacks get injured...and fill in very admirably at that.

[HIGH-LIGHT]I think Mendenhall has all the tools to be the man here in Pittsburgh, he just has to take the reigns. He is starting to do that. He played with the flu today. Once he gets over his flu and stops putting the ball on the ground, he will be the man.[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    I really hope that's true. Even coming from a Parker fan. Amazing isn't it?

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post

I think Mendenhall has all the tools to be the man here in Pittsburgh, he just has to take the reigns. He is starting to do that. He played with the flu today. Once he gets over his flu and stops putting the ball on the ground, he will be the man.
    It was really one of those fluke things that keep happening to us tho. The ball should have been whistled dead but he was on top of a Brown player. No excuses he should be holding on to it with his life but **** happens. Honestly I do expect him to cough it up a couple more times this year. Let is just hope the game isn't on the line when it happens.

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I really hope that's true. Even coming from a Parker fan. Amazing isn't it?
    I was always a Parker fan and still am. Jerome ain't worth a **** now as a RB either get me. He has had a nice career, 2 SB rings. Always seemed like a good teammate for fellow Steelers. I just think most people are right when they say it is over for him. He was a one trick pony and let's face it, he just isn't that fast anymore. RB's have a short window for success in the NFL. We will probably be wondering what happen to AP in 5 years you know. That is just the way it is. But yeah he has no upside anymore, only downside. I think we will be fine if not better without him next year. He will always be a Steelers legend for being a part of these great teams tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    I was always a Parker fan and still am. Jerome ain't worth a **** now as a RB either get me. He has had a nice career, 2 SB rings. Always seemed like a good teammate for fellow Steelers. I just think most people are right when they say it is over for him. He was a one trick pony and let's face it, he just isn't that fast anymore. RB's have a short window for success in the NFL. We will probably be wondering what happen to AP in 5 years you know. That is just the way it is. But yeah he has no upside anymore, only downside. I think we will be fine if not better without him next year. He will always be a Steelers legend for being a part of these great teams tho.
    I'll always be a Parker fan. But he's gone after this year and I wish him much success with everything he does. In the end it's about who can help us win more games and I unfortunately don't think its him anymore. It'll be a sad day in my life when he no longer wears black and gold

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Willie could still be a decent situational back and he is humble enough to accept that role, but I don't think he is ready to accept that type of role yet.

Either way, he had a good run for an undrafted free agent and I wish him the best and thank him for what he did for us.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    Willie could still be a decent situational back and he is humble enough to accept that role, but I don't think he is ready to accept that type of role yet.

Either way, he had a good run for an undrafted free agent and I wish him the best and thank him for what he did for us.
    I concur!

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    a) If anyone still questions Ben's name being mentioned among the Mannings and Brady's of the world, go **** yourself.

b) Aside from a couple of decent runs, our rushing game went back into hibernation. They should have ran for 200 yards against this team, and yeah - pass heavy, but the YPC wasn't stellar. 3.7

c) I thought Mendy was running game savior? Still a work in progress.

d) The O-line sometimes gave Ben time, sometimes it didn't. Consistently inconsistent. Expect no change in the near future.

e) Troy should not have played. When he limped off of the field, I almost **** myself. When he came back out, I did **** myself.

f) RIP Steelers pass rush. We hardly knew ye.

g) It's great having Logan. Although Cribbs was the ST star of the day, Logan is a godsend.

h) Skippy's kickoffs are getting worse and worse. I don't know if they were kicking short to keep the ball out of Cribbs' hands, but his kickoffs have been mediocre at best. Not what you want out of a top-paid kicker.

i) Heath Miller is money. Why they picked now to start throwing to him consistently is beyond me.

j) Wallace looks like a starter on most NFL teams. Even if Sweed starts playing like a real WR, he's got to beat out Wallace and I just don't see that happening. Sweeds days are numbered here. tick... tick... tick....

k) Tomlin's a great coach, glad he's here. He likes to gamble, that drives me ****ing nuts.

l) I see ball control drills this week in practice.

That is all
    Good synopsis.... As I read that, I found myself saying; "yep...yep...yep..."
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information