Thread: Polamalu: 'Have To Wait For Pain To Go Away'

sjdrewk

Default Polamalu: 'Have To Wait For Pain To Go Away'

I was real worried about him falling on his knee but this makes me feel better hearing him talk about it
    ++
    ++
    ++

Polamalu: 'Have To Wait For Pain To Go Away'
    SportingNews
    8 hours, 21 minutes ago
    Buzz up! 7
    Print

PITTSBURGH ó Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu(notes) said, "It felt good to get the ball in my hands" after he picked off his first interception since the season opener ó but he limped off the field on that first-quarter play favoring the knee that caused him to miss four games.

Polamalu returned to play the remainder of the Pittsburgh Steelersí 27-14 victory over the Cleveland Browns because he hadnít re-injured his MCL.

"Itís just whenever you slam your knee into the ground, your whole knee ó thereís kind of a shooting pain. Thatís what I felt," he said. "You just have to wait for the pain to go away."

Polamalu finished with four tackles and one pass defensed to go with his pick. He explained he would know more about how the knee responded to a full dayís work on Monday, but his only complaint following the game was reporters who pinned him at his locker.

"I guess standing on it for long periods of time kinda sucks," he said, chuckling.

ó Mike DeCourcy

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Polamalu: 'Have To Wait For Pain To Go Away'

Hopefully he'll get to go easy on it this week in practice. I am glad the game is home, on grass, than the turf in the dome
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully he'll get to go easy on it this week in practice. I am glad the game is home, on grass, than the turf in the dome
    Could you imagine if that same play happened on artificial turf? May have been re-injured banging his knee like that.

Threads : 8
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was sweating bullets when he got up slow like that, I started doing my chicken little thing around the house claiming the season was over. I wonder if this knee will improve over time or just get worse. He sure didn't look like the Troy of old or anything close to it.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

... It still makes me nervous... He's not completely healthy, and we could see more of this.

At least we have the bye after next week's game, and that will give him some more down-time.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information