Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Reed - Public Intoxication @ 9 after the game

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jeff Reed - Public Intoxication @ 9 after the game

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCar86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be really ****ed if that happened; the comission really has no reason to suspend him. I don't like what he did, I think he's a **** fool but I don't think he deserves punishment like that.

Drunk athletes are pretty common else deadspin wouldn't exist. Ben, Eli Manning for starters. haha
    True enough...Not that I'm defending his actions here, but guys just can't be guys anymore without someone snapping pics and immediately sending them to sites like that.

For ****s sake..I remember hearing a story about Bobby Layne when he was the Steelers QB. Guy partied like a ****in animal...Would play the first half still drunk, I think if I remember the story right..He wrecked into a street car on his way to the game, and just kept going

Noone gave a **** back then.

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to keep harping on them, but this happened with Tigers 1st baseman Cabrera right before the final games to decide the AL Central. He got drunk with the White Sox, came home and his wife clawed his face up.. our GM picked him up from the station with a .26 blood alcohol content and he played that day.

People were ****ed and had the right to be... he went 0-4 that day as our biggest hitter. Hell at least Reed produces! Still, he didn't get suspended.

Threads : 29

So Spaeth was cited for urinating in public and Reed was going to fight the cops.

Reed is lucky who he is as they went light on him for assaulting a cop.

Spaeth better be glad this happened where it did, many states it's a sexual offense and he would be listed as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Both actions are an embarrassment to Steeler fans and we all know if these were players for any other team we'd be laughing at them and their fans.

Tomlin and the Rooneys need to tell both of them to either shape up or ship out.
    It's fine to go out and party but do it without acting like an idiot and getting in trouble with the law.

Threads : 58

Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    So Spaeth was cited for urinating in public and Reed was going to fight the cops.

Spaeth better be glad this happened where it did, many states it's a sexual offense and he would be listed as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Both actions are an embarrassment to Steeler fans and we all know if these were players for any other team we'd be laughing at them and their fans.

Tomlin and the Rooneys need to tell both of them to either shape up or ship out.
    It's fine to go out and party but do it without acting like an idiot and getting in trouble with the law.
    I agree 100%.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a good call. Plus, before deciding to go party, you'd think they'd have considered how they are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Remember, guys, you are replaceable and therefore expendable.

Threads : 58

It's one thing to go out, grab a few drinks, have a good time and call it a night. When you start destroying private property and squaring off with cops, then you have a problem in my opinion.

The guy is 30 years old. Time to grow up perhaps?

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My nephew goes to college at Slippery Rock. He told be that Reed is a common sight at the bars there, acting like a drunken *** and picking up the young coeds. Sounding to me like our kicker is an alcoholic. Not cool at all. I've watched the carnage of alcoholics eventually drinking themselves to death.
    Last edited by Skeeter; Oct-19-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Threads : 10

Oh, ffs, they had a designated driver.

What else can you expect from some idiot kickers?

Threads : 1632

Great, just ****ing great for the Steelers' family reputation....

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:48 pm EDT
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,196894

The Steelers do everything as a team, including urination
    By MJD

The Pittsburgh Steelers' tradition of success is often credited to a family-style, all-for one, one-for-all type of attitude that runs from the top of the organization down to the bottom.

It appears that that attitude spreads off the field, too. Into bars, even. Into the parking lots of those bars. And to the vehicles next to which backup tight ends are urinating.

Steelers kicker Jeff Reed(notes), never noted for his shy behavior, was arrested last night and charged with simple assault and resisting arrest. According to Pittsburgh's TribLive, Reed was coming to the aid of teammate Matt Spaeth, who was urinating next to a white SUV. Here's the report:

Police responded to an unrelated incident at McFadden's, a North Shore bar and restaurant across a parking lot from Heinz Field, around 9 p.m., [police Sargeant Tina] Davidson said. While there, officers spotted a man urinating outside a white sport utility vehicle and began to give the man — identified as Steelers tight end Matt Spaeth(notes) — a ticket when Reed exited the vehicle, Davidson said.

"The officers told him several times to get back in the vehicle, but he did not listen," Davidson said. "Mr. Reed then squared up with an officer by bringing his fists up."

Officers tackled Reed and cuffed him at the scene, Davidson said.

"He smelled of a strong odor of alcohol and appeared to be intoxicated," Davidson said.

Ah, Jeff Reed. Leave it to him to get in trouble when he's not even the one doing the public urinating. Exactly how was he defending Spaeth? Police saw him peeing. What can he possibly say? Was it the old, "Come on, officer, this guy's got really clean pee" defense?

Kicker or not, no one can ever say that Jeff Reed isn't there for his teammates.

Threads : 82

I just want to party with Jeff Reed once before he gets ran out of town.

Threads : 82

So what you are saying is Korkie might have just been taking a leak in the park that night? Oh it isn't a law in PA n/m

Threads : 23

[HIGH-LIGHT]It's fine to go out and party but do it without acting like an idiot and getting in trouble with the law.[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    I agree 100% with your last statement. It's really not that hard.

sjdrewk

....by no means do I think athletes should be choir boys. They should feel free to live how they want and do what they want to do...but by all means when you reach a certain age, learn to behave responsibly; putting your hands up to a policeman isn't smart. This isn't the first time we've heard a Reed story. I am getting tired of Reed's act.

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    I agree 100% with your last statement. It's really not that hard.
    X2....... Agreed.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 407

I don't have a problem with Reed, he is a young, living it up, on top of the world, what he did wasn't that bad, stupid...yes...and probably blown out of proportion. No one can deny he isn't a team player. But I would be willing to guess more than half the posters here have been in more trouble than he has been in.

Why does Spaeth get the pass? ****ing in a parking lot...after leaving a bar that most likely had perfectly good restrooms. I sure wouldn't want to be him...would love to be in the room when he has to go eye to eye with MT. Rooney's will love the publicity too.

But once again all the attention went to Reed. I'm jealous.....he gets to live the life most of us can only dream of.

• Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information