Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jeff Reed - Public Intoxication @ 9 after the game

Threads : 58

Default Re: Jeff Reed - Public Intoxication @ 9 after the game

Ron Cook's article this morning on Reed: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09293...#ixzz0UUmBRmKD

Tomlin's PC this afternoon on Reed: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09293/1006943-66.stm
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Oct-20-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not too often Ron Cook writes a good piece, but this is one of those times

Threads : 122

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, there's no problem with getting out of your car, but you're told to get back in and you refuse... well you're asking for trouble and that's what Reed did.

I'm going to have a hard time believing Reed's side of the story simply because he's been known to do stupid **** when he's drunk. There's no doubt that he refused to get back into the car and then got into a fighting position. Reed's been said to be a dumb and aggressive drunk. Everything the Police reports state point completely towards Reed being that.

Let's face the facts, just because one person can get drunk and obide the law and orders doesn't mean another person can. We've all seen dumb ****s drunk that think they are invincible, above the law, are wreckless, overly aggressive. I'm sure a good number of those ******s come out of McFadden's too (if anyone has ever been down to Mcfadden's at night. Place is filled with drunken ******bags)

I don't go down there, and don't know that my version of the story is what happened as I wasn't there. Only Reed and the cops know what really happened and that isn't to say their police report will really tell the story.

All I do know is that they can't MAKE someone get back in their vehicle that wasn't pulled over. So if he had just stood there with his mouth shut they couldn't have done jack. Beyond that, I guess I just view Reed as more of a clown than a tough guy so I woudl assume his 'put up the dukes' routine was done as a joke, albeit not very funny.

Threads : 10

I'm seeing discrepancies between the police report and the news articles.

Just sayin...

For instance...

To be charged with simple assualt, you have to actually HIT someone, not just put up your hands.

Hitting a police officer is a different charge than simple assault.

So....

Who did Reed assault?

It seems that the answer is no one.

If he didn't assault anyone, it is a wrongful detention by a cop with a hard on for arresting people.

The city of pgh may find themselves being sued....

Especially if there are witnesses that claim otherwise to their 'official' report.

Again...

Just sayin....

Threads : 58

Last year, Tomlin made starting wide receiver Santonio Holmes inactive for a game against the New York Giants after Holmes was given a citation by police for marijuana possession on the Thursday night before the game.

In describing the differences, Tomlin said the Holmes incident was a possible distraction because it occurred later in the week and he deactivated him to minimize the distraction. He said it was "not punitive". Because Reed's incident happened on Sunday, they have "an opportunity to address it," Tomlin said.
    Translation-

We only have one guy who can kick the ball through those two yellow poles. We realize the guy is an out of control jackass who has the mentality of a 13 year old, but we don't have a choice right now.

That is all. Next question.
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Oct-20-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Threads : 29

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't go down there, and don't know that my version of the story is what happened as I wasn't there. Only Reed and the cops know what really happened and that isn't to say their police report will really tell the story.

All I do know is that they can't MAKE someone get back in their vehicle that wasn't pulled over. So if he had just stood there with his mouth shut they couldn't have done jack. Beyond that, I guess I just view Reed as more of a clown than a tough guy so I woudl assume his 'put up the dukes' routine was done as a joke, albeit not very funny.
    That is not true. They were in the process of either questioning or writing a ticket to a guy. They could have told him to get back in the car or to leave the parking lot, whatever they felt needed to be done.

There isn't a judge that is going to say a cop was in the wrong by ordering someone back in their vehicle when they are in the middle of possibly making an arrest or at the least questioning a person. If someone had came out of the bar or walked up out of the street they were well into their rights to tell them to leave or go back into their bar, etc.
    They had no idea what Reed was going to do when he got out of the vehicle. So first they had to protect themselves, second they had to protect the public. If a cop gives you an order, whether you like it or not, you better do as he says especially if he's in the middle of dealing with someone breaking the law.

Man I honestly don't know how I'm on the side of defending cops, I'm usually on the other side. But this truly sounds as if Reed was the one at fault.

Sort off topic, Tomlin was funny today. I don't know why he didn't just admit, I don't have another kicker, so I can't sit his *** like I did Holmes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information