Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Re-signed Ryan Clark!

Threads : 122

Default We Re-signed Ryan Clark!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/357704...s-player_news/

Report: Steelers work deal to keep S ClarkRyan Clark - DB - Pittsburgh SteelersMore team newsToday - 7:00 PM ET
    Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Steelers have re-signed free agent S Ryan Clark.

Smartly, the Steelers didn't stop pursuing Clark after their Monday addition of backup-caliber safety Will Allen. Also smartly, Clark leveraged Pittsburgh by visiting the Dolphins on Monday. Clark turns 31 during the upcoming season and has never been a big-time playmaker, but is a banger in the back end with above-average range. His return is good news for a Steelers secondary that may experience major overhaul at cornerback.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Great freaking news. We got Allen & Ryan Clark.....

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: We Re-signed Ryan Clark!

Supposedly deal is 4 years $17 mill. $5 mill to be paid the first year

Threads : 183

just saw this too this is awesome news! I like Clark but only if TP is healthy and we have Allen as a backup now.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the rumor Steelersdepot is throwing around on Twitter is true for the dollar amount I posted ten color me shocked. That seems like quite the overpayment for Ryan Clark

Threads : 691

Steelers and Clark reach agreement on new contract
    Monday, March 08, 2010
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    On the same day they signed Tampa Bay safety Will Allen to a three-year, $4.4 million contract, the Steelers have reached agreement with free safety Ryan Clark -- a deal that will keep him with the Steelers for four more seasons.

Clark, an unrestricted free agent, visited today with the Miami Dolphins, but changed his mind and agreed to a contract with the Steelers.

The Steelers, though, aren't done signing current or former players.

The Post-Gazette has learned they are very close to a deal that will bring receiver Antwaan Randle El back to his former team. Randle El, who played here from 2002 to 2005, was released three days ago by the Washington Redskins.

Allen, who was signed along with San Francisco 49ers receiver Arnaz Battle, will replace veteran Tyrone Carter as a backup safety

Read more: http://pittsburghpost-gazette.com/pg...#ixzz0hdQmkfku
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 691

News
    Last-minute change: Clark to stay with Steelers Posted: March 8th, 2010 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: 2010 Free Agency, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Ryan Clark, Will Allen

In an apparent about-face, starting safety Ryan Clark agreed to stay with the Steelers, a league source told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi on Monday.

[HIGH-LIGHT]A league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Clark agreed to a four-year deal expected to average $4 million guaranteed.[/HIGH-LIGHT]

The move comes just hours after the Steelers agreed to a three-year, $4.5 million contract with free-agent safety Will Allen, a league source told La Canfora. That move initially seemed to indicate that Pittsburgh was resigned to losing Clark, who was in Miami visiting the Dolphins.

The Miami Herald reported Sunday night that Clark had arrived in the city, and the Dolphins appeared close to landing him.

“Without a question,” Clark told the Herald of signing with the Dolphins. “That’s the reason we waited so long to take any (free agent) trips. We had interested teams that I didn’t really want to go to, and I didn’t want to try to make myself look busy by going to a bunch of different places.

“There were a lot of good offers, and a lot of good fits. But this seems like a good spot. So I’m praying (it) goes well.”

Evidently, things changed
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

da Rooney's....

... pulling out da checkbook....

Threads : 49

NOOO!!!!

I think I like the Will Allen signing more than the re-signing of Clark. How much is Clark getting paid? It looks like the Steelers overpaid on that one. And it also makes me think that Clark wasn't offered much from other teams. You usually don't see a FA go into the open market AND then re-sign with his previous team.

These are some interesting/strange moves by the Steelers. At the very least it puts some depth at the S position, which was sorely missing from last year.

I don't understand the Battle signing at all. Just a waste, IMO. I'd really like to see what Grisham does this year or what opportunities he gets.

Threads : 413

Now if only we could see the same attention paid to CB. Troy, Clark and Allen makes for a stud safety combo.

Things are coming along quite nicely this off-season fellas.

Threads : 122

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now if only we could see the same attention paid to CB. Troy, Clark and Allen makes for a stud safety combo.

Things are coming along quite nicely this off-season fellas.
    Bodden!

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    If the rumor Steelersdepot is throwing around on Twitter is true for the dollar amount I posted ten color me shocked. That seems like quite the overpayment for Ryan Clark
    I think we got the hometown discount...at 4 mil a year.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    I think we got the hometown discount...at 4 mil a year.
    I think Clark is way over valued. I'm still trying to figure out why people think he's anything more than an average FS. He's slow, when not going for the "KO" tackle he's average in that department, he's not good in coverage. I just don't get it.

Whenever I'm watching the Steelers defense it seems like Clark is invincible unless one of three things happens -

- He gets his patented "KO tackle"
    - A RB or WR is running past him along the sideline and everyone gets to see how slow he is on the replay.
    - He's out in no man's land while the opposing QB finds a WR open for a catch.

I don't hate the guy, I actually like him, but honestly, his talent level is more in the backup department than starter, IMO.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    I think Clark is way over valued. I'm still trying to figure out why people think he's anything more than an average FS. He's slow, when not going for the "KO" tackle he's average in that department, he's not good in coverage. I just don't get it.

Whenever I'm watching the Steelers defense it seems like Clark is invincible unless one of three things happens -

- He gets his patented "KO tackle"
    - A RB or WR is running past him along the sideline and everyone gets to see how slow he is on the replay.
    - He's out in no man's land while the opposing QB finds a WR open for a catch.

I don't hate the guy, I actually like him, but honestly, his talent level is more in the backup department than starter, IMO.
    The link below is salaries for all safety's in 2009. I value the judgement of the FO. Clark came in 24th...a little over 2 mil. with a bonus...salary was 1.7 mil. He has been our starter for what...3 years now? No one has complained about his play..until now. I still think the FO did OK for the team.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...n.aspx?pos=152

Threads : 277

I opened this thread just to look at Bleedn's sig pix...not really.

I would be shocked if we still are in the "Bodden competition," **** it! It's goign to cost to sign him.

But, with the signings today, we sure won't go DB in Round 1, since it will be a lesser need and no quality CB's at #18.

I want Iupati or Bruce Campbell (assuming ILB Ro McLane is gone, as he will be).

Thanks for the link. That's pretty cool they list all the salaries. Very interesting.

All I can say is wow, look at how much the Saints got Sharper for. That had to be one of the best deals of last year for any team. Thanks, Tomlin!

Isn't Sharper a FA right now? Why the hell didn't the Steelers make a move for him? He's not young but he still has a few years left.

I really don't see how the Steeles are getting a bargain by paying Clark 4 million a year. Quite the opposite, actually.

With Clark you get a player that seems to have very little presence on the field, not much impact, seems to be invisible in coverage. I just don't get it.

Hell, I'd rather have Donte Whitner as a starter and he's barely making 2 million a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information